EC 70: Black Castle

Her clothes were already torn and there were light scratches on her body but thanks to a werewolf's healing ability, these scratches were only superficial and would not cause her any permanent harm. She would admit that her situation was tricky and she had been looking for ways to get past the darkness that was attacking her.

Amber had been leaping from side to side and using her claws to parry the spikes attacking her. She had also been using these claws to destroy those spikes. After landing a few feet away from the darkness, she decided to move forward while simultaneously dodging the attacks.

She lost track of how many hours she had been running away and she could already feel the fatigue slowly settling in and that was when she noticed a small glimpse of something white from a distance. She was not sure what it was but it was better than waiting for her to be filled with holes.

Her movements hastened as she used her strength to reach the source of that light or whatever it was. The nearer she got to that light, the sluggish the movements of the 'darkness' was. She noticed this so her movements became faster and every step she took was made sure so that she would reach that light. With the strength she still has, she channeled it towards her feet and propelled herself to land on the light.

She was gasping for breath while she was lying on the cold ground and when she opened her eyes what met her was not the something that she expected. The smell of fresh grass was distinct on the air and the touch of the wind caressed her softly. One would think that this place was not the Lurea Woods because of how different it looked from the outside.

Amber pushed herself up to sit down. Her eyes looked around and saw that her surroundings turned out to be normal, too normal that it felt a little bit weird even for her. 'Don't let your guard down, this place feels ominous.' Eirian broke her silence as she sustained the wolf-man form of Amber.

"Alright," she slowly stood up and walked straight forward but for some reason she still ended up at the same place where she was before. "This is not good, it seems that we are trapped in an endless loop," she muttered.

'This must be one of the defense mechanisms of this place since it's a place that holds the vampire king's blood. So. I'm not surprised to encounter something like this. Someone who can manipulate mana is the only one who could create something like this.' Eirian heightened Amber's senses while telling her of her guess. In a world where werewolves and vampires exist, a person who can manipulate mana could also exist.

"Are you telling me that a mage might have done this? But the records did not say any of this information nor there was any clue that may imply that someone like that helped them to hide the vampire king's legacy," Amber had a frown on her face after hearing her wolf's statement. It has been so many years and no one had seen any mages, even her father told her that they were now merely a legend.

Eirian could already sigh, 'There's nothing impossible right now. Remember, we thought that there were no vampires and yet they appeared, flesh and blood, very real so the existence of these people who can use mana is not impossible.' She scolded Amber and if she could face her right now, Amber was sure that her wolf was already glaring at her right now.

"Yes, you are right. I'm sorry." She shook her head to give way to her wolf. "Do you have any idea on how should we deal with this?"

'Break the core of the spell.' She confidently answered.

"So how do we do that?" Amber asked while stopping herself from laughing at how childish her wolf was even at a time like this.

Eirian on the other hand was not happy at how Amber was treating her but even so she still answered very unwillingly, 'Why not find something unusual or different from this place then destroy it.'