EC 73: Brainstorming

Amber was standing in front of a board with all sorts of words and arrows written on it together with her was her Beta and Gamma together with Elder Leonides and Elder Zita. They had been at it for the whole morning, piecing together all the information they have so far.

A big circle was drawn around the word rogue and several arrows stemmed out from it, each arrow had labels on it, vampires, mages, Blood Pack and Lurea Woods. Some keywords were also interconnected by lines they drew. The word 'revenge' was also written in capital letters as it was connected with Blood Pack.

"Alrigh, let's start with the Blood Pack since they have the motive of 'revenge' that's why they are sending waves of rogues to attack all pack. Let us assume that what had happened in the past was not really forgotten so after they amassed great power, it was time to execute their plan, to destroy all packs that humiliated and shunned them." Zael summarized the first point on the board for all of them to hear. "Now the second point or question is that, why were there vampires among them which was answered by history. And now they were allied with mages, that's the third concern," He wrote it on the board once again so that they won't miss it once they do a once over it.

The room remained silent for a while because all of them were focused on the words written on the board like it will give them the answer if they remain silent. Zael who was watching this take place since he did not have the heart to disturb them so he opted to wait.

It was Elder Zita who broke the silence with her words, "I think the major problem right now is to know whether the Blood Pack has backers or has allied itself with external power. As far as I am concerned, employing a vampire or a mage to do those kinds of things comes with a high price. I'm not sure if those vampires and mages are willingly working for them or is there a power behind them that was helping Blood Pack."

"If that's the case then who is behind all of this and what would they get by making the whole of the werewolf community their enemy?" It was Zayier who asked the question.

"That's what we don't know and we are not even sure if there really is someone or some power backing them up," Amber started to pace from where she was standing and went to the board to put a question mark above the Blood Pack. "All we have done right now is to collect information but no matter how we collect information we still don't have a clue as to why and how they are working and as to who were involved in this chaos. We are already at a disadvantage because we don't know the enemy that we are dealing with."

"How about the other packs, did they have any opinion about this?" Elder Leonides asked after a moment silence.

Zale shook his head, "Nothing and if they have any information, they might be withholding it from us so all we can do right now is to rely on our own information network."

"We can't do anything about that, let's focus on strengthening the patrol around our borders. How about the elders, do they have anything to report to me?" Amber turned around and returned to her table.

"For now, our borders are safe but I still advised them to keep a look out and that they should not underestimate our enemies," Zael answered. "And I have received a report from Mayor Mykel while you were gone Alpha, he was attacked by unknown perpetrators and they are currently investigating it and they will forward any information that they can get."

Amber's eyes widened at the information, "How is he?"

"He's fine but right now he was busy taking care of matters on his side because of some bizarre deaths that has been happening in the city," although Zael was reluctant to tell her about this but because she is the Alpha he can't hide if from her any longer.

"Send some guards there to help them and to report to us so as not to disturb them too much," Amber instructed.

Zael smiled, "We already did that Alpha."

At times like this, she was glad that the people around her were trustworthy and actually does their work even without her telling them. "Good."

After they each left and returned to their posts while Amber was left alone as she pondered on what they have talked about. She was also bothered by the statement of that rogue. She should not have made a deal with that Monolith, if she had known that the Blood Pack was the one behind all of that chaos then she would not have let the man toy with them.

For some reason, she suddenly felt uneasy so she picked up her phone and dialed Xander's number. She wanted to know if he safely reached the project site of the vacation house. After two more rings, Xander finally answered.

"Hello," he spoke. "Is there a problem Amber?" He did not expect the woman to suddenly call and he was about to ignore the ringing of his phone when he saw who it was so he excused himself to answer the call.

"Oh, it's nothing, I just called to ask if you are already there," she shook her head and the unease she had felt slowly disappeared once she heard her mate's voice.

"Yes, we just arrived thirty minutes ago and I'm currently talking with the project leader," he felt that the other was a little bit anxious so he decided to engage her in a conversation. "How about you what are you doing right now?"

"We just finished our meeting and now I'm alone in my study thinking over the things we talked a while ago," she answered when she realized that she might be disturbing him. "Why don't I call you again tonight, you must be busy and I have something to do too. I just called to make sure that you reached your destination safely."

Xander fell silent then he looked back and saw that the project leader was waiting for him, "Alright. Take care then."

Amber ended the call and she felt at ease now that she was able to talk to Xander. She can already focus on her work while Xander continued with his talk to his people.

While their side was at peace for the time being, on the other hand a woman was biting her nails and pacing inside the abandoned building where she had set up her base. The voices in her head continued to whisper to her and urging her to attack.

"Why are you being anxious? Can you at least calm down," the man on the corner who had been watching her had on a casual smile. He had just gone out for a while but after he returned the woman was already a mess and he could tell that she was getting jittery and jittery as the time passed by.

The woman stopped and glared at the man, "How can I calm down when I knew that he is with that woman? When can I get him? I can't wait any longer!" She stomped around and was destroying things around the room.

"You need to be more patient. We can't act recklessly at this moment and besides you don't have to wait any longer." The man smirked then he could not help but laugh out loud at the look the woman was giving him. The excitement on her face cannot be hidden by the derange look on her face.

"Then you should make it fast!" her movements became like of a child who was excited to receive a gift. She was rocking back and forth while clasping her hands together in anticipation.

"Yes, yes, we are already preparing for it so for now, you need to calm down and wait for our instruction when that time comes." The man nodded to affirm the woman. He did not want the woman to make a commotion before they could actually execute the plan.

The woman nodded instead and left the room to who knows where. She might have gone to her secret room that she had been preparing for when the time comes that she would get what she wants. "What a crazy woman," the man mumbled to himself. He then stood up and whistled while walking out of the room to where the woman was.

He was right, that crazy woman was currently humming a tune while adjusting all of the furniture inside the room for the nth time. She was also replacing all the flowers that were already dried with fresh ones that would also die after a day but she did not care. There was a bed and a small sitting area with the walls lined with bookshelves filled with different books. It was a completely different world inside that room compared to the dilapidated exterior of the building.

"This is going to be fun," he exclaimed to which the woman nodded in agreement as she placed a doll on the bed.

"It's going to be a lot of fun." The woman giggled then she started to slowly sway in the room and her singing became louder.