EC 95: Preparing for the future

Zael's face paled with his eyes widening at the horrifying picture of his Alpha as she played cupid. It doesn't suit her at all, and even though he appreciates the initiative, mages are not his taste.

"Alpha you are scaring me right now," his lips were twitching while talking tot he Alpha. "If you really want to take that path, then what will happen if my mate suddenly comes?"

Amber was holding back her laughter but she couldn't do it any longer after seeing Zael's contorted face. The Alpha let it out which startled Zael who looked at her like she completely lost her mind. It took her a couple of minutes to be able to calm down.

"Ah, that was refreshing." She took several deep breathes and straightened her clothes before she looked at her beta. "I was only joking and yet you looked liked you were ready to run."

Zael let out a relieved breath, he even patted his chest before frowning towards the woman. "That was not a good joke, Alpha."

Amber only hummed then gave him a wink before turning around. "It was fun though."

"You've changed, you were all stiff, kept on frowning and was always strict but now you've loosen up." Ever since their Alpha returned, Zael can't help but be astounded by how their Alpha was acting.

She has become warmer and her dominating aura lessened. He can't say that he liked this version of their Alpha more because he got used to the always serious Amber de Lune.

"Well, going through that hell will certainly change anyone. I'm just acting my true self and I will still be stiff, frowning and strict," there was a small smile on her face.

Yes, she changed according to Xander. He was the first one to point it out but he told her that it was fine. She was just letting out a part of herself that was deeply hidden. She was also glad that the pack doesn't have any complaints about her smiling self.

They reached the elder's house and found him lying on a recliner outside his house. They opened the makeshift wooden gate then stood beside him.

"What is it?" Elder Veron asked without opening his eyes. He was resting from the difficult work that was given to him and he was not ready to accept any visitors, even if it was the Alpha herself.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your rest elder. We came here to get the documents you've compiled about the supernatural beings that I asked you to do. Also, I cane to look at the information about vampires," Alpha Amber answered without minding the elder's rude tone. She understood that this was not a work she should be giving to the elder because he was not part of the council.

The elder opened his eyes and sat up. "I believe that Zael already informed you that the information we have about vampires are a bit lacking."

Amber nodded, "Yes, but I still want to take a look at it."

"Alright." The elder stood up and led them inside. This was the first time that Amber entered the house. It was simply decorated and most of the furniture till the floor and wall were made out of wood which gave it a warm feeling.

They walked past the living room until they reached the back where Elder Veron pushed open a door. Amber and Zael silently followed him inside where stacks of books were everywhere.

The elder rummaged through the papers atop a table until he found what he was looking for. He picked them all up and handed them to the Alpha. The information about vampires were on top.

"Thank you Elder," Amber smiled to which the Elder nodded.

"Let's go to the living room. I'll brew you some roasted coffee." The three of them left the room and went straight to the living room while the Elder went to the kitchen to prepare coffee and snacks for them.

Amber opened the file after she sat down and browsed through it. For a while, the only sound inside the room was the flipping of paper from the document she was reading.

"How was it?" Zael asked after he saw the Alpha returning the file back on the table.

She sighed and leaned on the couch, "You are right, it is incomplete." Her face became expressionless after saying those words. She thought that she can find anything from the current information the have but she was wrong.

"It's to be expected. Vampires are good at hiding their identities and most of them prefers a peaceful life." Elder Veron entered the living room with a tray of coffee and bread. "Even with my vast knowledge, I don't know all about there is to them."

They took the coffee then took a sip. "What's the possibility that a vampire was behind the Blood Pack?" Amber asked after relishing on the coffee's bitter yet sweet taste.

"Fifty, if you were to ask me. If they really wanted to destroy Ceurian or take whatever was in Lurea Forest, they could have just done it years ago. Why would they still be living in secrecy until no?" Elder Veron answered. "But we can't be really sure."

Amber stared at the documents again then sighed. "Really difficult to say."

"Have you tried exploring the castle for any vampiric information?" The room suddenly went silent at the Elder's question. He looked at them im confusion and the realization came. "You haven't."

The statement made Amber and Zael embarrassed. The thought never crossed their minds.

"I will do that once I het back there. I guess it never really occured to me since I was busy with Xander and I returned to Ceurian." Amber could only laugh to hide the embarrassment she had.

The elder was a bit disappointed but he could only let it go. They've been busy. "Alright, if you can find anything important tell it to me so that I can add it on the compilation."

The Alpha nodded, then she picked up another file again. She skimmed through the documents one by one and by the time she was done, Elder Veron and Zael were already on their second cup of coffee.

"Have you ever met any of these races this past years?" She looked at the elder who was nibbling on a bread.

He shook his head, "No, since I haven't been out of Ceurian and most of them don't really want anything to do with the other supernatural beings or the humans."

"Well as long as they don't bother us then their information is enough for now."