EC 68: Hidden Records

A look of nostalgia appeared on the elder's face when he laid eyes on the books on top of the table. "I used to spend my time reading these books." He touched one of the bounded documents and picked it up then he opened it. A string of familiar words was written on the first page. "Ceurian Pack History, a history that I had hoped no one would ever find out."

Zael stretched his neck to take a peek on the book, "I've never seen that book, is that a hidden volume?" he himself had also read all of the books about the history of their pack in the library but he had not seen this book.

The elder laughed at Zael's words because the book he was currently holding was not exactly a volume. "You can say it like that but actually this is supposed to be a forgotten record because it talks about Ceurian during and after the reign of the first alpha. But the important details on the book were during the reign of the second alpha because it was a history that our predecessors wanted to wipe out from the memories of their pack members." He closed the book and closed his eyes.

"I read its contents and the other details were told by my grandfather. If the first alpha of Ceurian had maintained a good relationship with the vampires due to his friendship with the vampire king, the second alpha maintained his hatred towards them. My grandfather had told me that the second alpha was never fond of the idea. He had opposed it but with the first alpha's rule, he could not do anything that is until he became the alpha. That was when everything changed and turned for the worse." He raised his head and looked Amber in the eye. "He was the reason why the Blood Pack needed to keep hiding. He urged the other packs to destroy Blood pack and without the protection of the vampire king and the first alpha, the pack barely survived. The surviving members disappeared, never to be seen again."

A heavy silence filled the room, Zael did not want to speak as he remained silent while he pondered everything. Amber on the other hand had her eyes closed after the elder's recount.

"Are you suspecting them for what is currently happening now?" Elder Leonides asked. He was already suspicious of them but he did not tell the alpha because he still wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. "I have long since suspected them but because they were hidden, I thought that they might not have been involved."

"You are an elder, you have more experience than me and I am looking up to you and the others to help me in making sure that Ceurian was well protected and well ruled, so why did you not tell me about this? You have long suspected them but you did not even inform me. Even the existence of that record, if I had not stumbled on it on the library then I will be forever ignorant of it." She was furious but she was doing everything she can to remain calm and rational right now. If she started to get out of control then they won't be able to face the enemy.

He knew that he was indeed wrong, "I'm sorry alpha. It was my negligence and my selfishness that lead to this."

"That pack must be laughing at us right now because we even asked them for help when all this time, they were the ones behind all of this." Her fist landed on the arm rest of the chair she was sitting. A crack appeared and the arm rest was destroyed in an instant.

"But alpha-" the elder took a step back and stopped talking when he saw the glare that was sent his way.

Amber's eyes were narrowed into slits, "Don't even think about it. Right now, they are the most likely culprits because they have the motive right now. Based on what was recorded in there and what you have told us, there was no way that they would have forgotten the grudge just because it happened a long time ago. Because if that happened to me, I would bid my time and when I have enough strength I would strike. Don't even think that they would not be able to do so because within those years that they remained silent, what do you think did they do?"

That question made Zael's eyes widen and made the elder even more silent. Yes, those years that they have remained silent was enough to strengthen their forces or make them even powerful. They must have chosen to remain hidden even after the second alpha had died because they were getting ready for their revenge.

"I'll immediately inform the other packs to keep an eye out. I'll also inform the Zayier to shift their focus on the Blood Pack and to locate their location right now." Zael stood up and left the study in a hurry. They had already wasted too much time running in circles in order to look for their enemy.

"Elder Leonides, you are one of the elders I trusted the most and this move of yours had greatly disappointed me. Although I am young and lack the experience that you have, I am still the alpha of this pack and I don't like it when someone overestimates themselves and challenges my authority." Amber's cold gaze did not waver while she was looking at the man, it even turned gold which only made the atmosphere unsettled. The elder had no choice but to bow his head and agree with the alpha. "I will not give you any punishment right now because I need you in this fight. I hope that you do everything in your power to prove to me that I can still trust you as a member of my council."

The elder left the study and heaved a sigh of relief after he was out of the pack house. He was about to walk away when he saw Zayier standing not far away from where he was.

"Are you here to tell me anything?" he asked with a sigh. Even though he was not inside the room, the elder was sure that he heard everything they had talked about.

"I'll be watching you elder," was his only words before he walked past him. The elder could only sigh because of Zayier. This kid had always been serious and when he says something he will definitely do it since he was driven by his extreme loyalty to the alpha and any disrespect to the alpha, he would not take it lightly.

He returned to his home, went to one of his cabinets and brought out a wine together with a glass. He sat on the living room and silently drank the wine. The Blood Pack had truly brought them a dilemma. He had thought after all those years that pack would remain hidden but it was naïve of him to even have that though. Now that they decided to show themselves, he would not give them sympathy anymore.

Upon receiving the information from the alpha of Ceurian, the other packs were shocked and frowned at the same time. They were having a difficult time in accepting the fact and they wanted verification that this information was true. Several inquiries were done and Zael together with Amber were busy answering them.

Zayier on the other hand was also briefing the warriors as to what they should do during this time. It had instantly become busy while the atmosphere remained tense. As everything was happening, a man was silently listening on the side to the instruction being given to them. Though he was silent his mind was currently busy with thoughts because they were finally able to caught up with the real culprit. He did not know if it was good news or bad news but he still needed to report this to his master.

After the briefing, the man secretly left to meet with his master. He did not hesitate to relay the information and he thought that the man would be angry but instead he was smiling. He was dismissed and he returned to Ceurian like nothing had happened.

"I did not expect to see you here, Monolith." He waved at the man before he took a seat on the empty seat. Based on the two glasses of wine on the table, they had been talking for a while now and it must have been regarding the plan to destroy all the other packs as their ultimate revenge.

"Well, that's because we are about to reach the end of this fun journey." Monolith shook his head then he laughed. He was truly enjoying every moment of this together with his master, both of them were enjoying all of this which makes all of it more fun.

"What brought you here?" the same cold voice asked so his gaze shifted to the other man sitting in front of them.

"Ceurian had shifted their investigation to our pack and now the other packs already knew about it. Sooner or later, they will be able to find Blood Pack," he casually answered. There was no reaction from the both of them which was already expected since they were not bothered by that.

"That's fine because even before they could locate us, we have already destroyed their pack and obtained that item from them." His master did not hesitate to answer. Ace nodded because he knew that his master, the alpha of Blood Pack, will not back down and instead will forcefully push forward. "And besides," the mysterious man turned around and looked at him, "Monolith, I trust that you will be able to obtain that woman's weakness in a few days from now. After that, we will use that weakness to end Ceurian."