EC 34: Annoying woman

Besides there was another matter she needed to confirm, she let out an awkward laugh while shifting her gaze to the side. Joining Xander was actually Eirian's idea and she did not know what spirit had possessed her to agree with this ridiculous suggestion.

'It's like we are making a fence around Xander by doing this, I'm truly embarrassed right now.' She thought to herself while laughing with her forced laugh.

'Isn't that the reason why we are doing this?' Eirian suddenly popped up. In her mind, what she suggested they do was only right because Xander was their mate and it is unacceptable that someone was having thoughts of clinging to him. She absolutely won't allow it. 'Besides it is our responsibility to protect him from anyone who may cause him harm or from anyone who wants to get his attention.'

'We already marked him so there should be no other problems.' Amber answered. They should not worry because the silver moon flower tattooed on his skin was the proof that he was theirs and no one will be able to change that.

'Yes, but remember that he is a human, although he could feel the mate bond it is not as strong as what we feel, besides people who wanted something are tricky. They might be hiding tricks under their sleeves so we need to keep an eye on our mate.' Eirian made a point and Amber could not argue with this.

"Amber?" Xander called out for the second time already but the Alpha was not answering him. He then patted her shoulder to get her attention.

"Yes?" she asked as she came back to the present. She had been talking with her wolf that she did not notice Xander calling her name.

"You spaced out, I said that let's go before it gets hot." He gestured to the path he usually follows when he goes jogging.

They ran around the pack house using the path found by Xander. Both of them were quiet while running but it was the kind that made the both of them comfortable even though no one is talking. She was refreshed after running and she could not help but look at Xander's direction who was now stretching on the side. Her eyes narrowed at her mate's body that she had just noticed now because he was wearing loose t-shirt but now that he had sweated, it was sticking to his body like a glove and she was impressed by his build.

It was unnoticeable because he was a person who preferred to wear loose clothes. He had been choosing long sleeves that were not that fitted and loose t-shirts or loose pants. She could not help but wonder what it would like if he takes them off.

"Amber, I'm done stretching let's go and eat breakfast," Xander looked back only to see the woman's red face but he only associated it to the run they just had. It was normal for someone to have a red face after doing some exercise but contrary to his thoughts. Amber just wanted to slap herself right at that moment for imagining him being shirtless.

She internally groaned and sighed as she followed the man who doesn't know the effect, he has on her. Before she stepped inside the house, she already noticed a presence watching them from her left just behind the trees. Her strong sense of smell had already told her who that was. She sneered and ignored her.

'She must have been waiting for Xander to finish his run to approach him again.' Eirian was not happy this time. As an Alpha, she would never tolerate anyone coveting what was theirs and if that woman will not stop approaching Xander, she might do something painful to that woman.

'Let her be, as long as she does not cross the line. If she ever does something that will compromise Xander's safety, I will not let her off.' Both Eirian and Amber agreed with each other.

Shiey had woken up early and dressed up, she even checked herself so many times on the mirror before she left. She wanted to catch up with Xander once again and if she wanted to get his attention, she needed to be approachable and beautiful.

The first time she saw him, her heart beat quickened and even his voice sounded like music to her ears that she could not take off her eyes off him. He was very kind and his smile towards her were so beautiful that she wanted to get closer to him. Every time she sees him, she would take the opportunity to talk to him. She knew then that this man had captivated her.

She had accidentally heard some of the warriors talking about him and about his morning runs, she decided to take that opportunity as well to close the distance between them. After she gathered her courage, she was very happy because it paid off although it was interrupted by the Alpha.

'I'll just try again tomorrow,' she mumbled to herself while walking away so the next day she was back but to her surprise the Alpha was with Xander. Shiey had no chance to approach them and she felt stifled because of it. With clenched fists, she returned to the house where they were staying.

'I'll try again tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I'll find some other opportunity during the day.' She would not easily give up because this was the first time that she had felt like that. Xander was the one for her, she was sure of it.

For the next days, Amber dedicatedly woke up early and accompanied Xander. The man did not find it weird nor unpleasant instead he was glad that there was someone who wanted to accompany him. Once in a while, they would also join the warriors during their training.

"You've been watching us fight, why don't you try too?" one of the warriors addressed Xander who was taking a rest on the side.

He immediately shook his head, "I'm not a fighter and I'm not sure if I can really fight against any of you." He had on an awkward smile on his face. For the days that he had been watching them, he could tell that they were all extremely skilled. Compared to them he was nothing, all he knew was to assemble things and create buildings, fighting, it was out of his league.

"Why don't you try? We can coach you along the way. It's good to learn some fighting skills so that you can defend yourself in times of emergencies." Another warrior chirped in, he believed that as the Alpha's mate, Xander should learn how to fight.

The warriors were looking at him with expectation that he was having a difficult time to say no. He then sighed and stood up, "Alright, just for a while though."

The warrior who spoke first waited for him to get to the center of the training ground, "Are you ready?" He needed to ask first since this will be Xander's first time to fight against them.

"Please go easy on me," Xander nodded as he got into a boxing stance while he waited for the other to attack. Once he was in position, the aura around him slightly changed which caught Amber's attention who had been silent for a while now.

On the side, the warriors were also surprised at the change but it did not faze them that long and the man on the arena who would be facing Xander got his focus back. Both of them stayed in a standstill as they observed each other, because of this the atmosphere in the training ground turned serious.

Seeing an opening, the warrior moved forward and attack. He used a little bit of his speed to get near Xander and give him a punch but to his surprise, Xander's reflexes were actually fast and he was able to dodge that punch.

Xander saw that the man did not expect his move so with all the strength he could gather, he concentrated it all in his right fist that was heading towards the warrior's face. Sensing the danger, the warrior ducked down to avoid the blow. He did not waste time and once again attack from below. His right fist landed on Xander's stomach which caused him to take a few steps back.

He did not fall but Xander could feel the pain caused by that single punch and he was sure that it would bruise later on. Instead of backing down, he took the initiative this time to attack. Both of them exchanged some punches and kicks, but Xander was not able to keep up and surrendered. He lied on the ground while panting when he heard the warrior speak.

"You've got some moves, if you train more you would definitely improve." His opponent offered his hand which Xander accepted as he let him pull him up. "If you want you can join us here in the training grounds when you are free."

There was grin on the warrior's face showing that he was pleased with their short sparring. The others on the side also joined them on the grounds as they talked about fighting to Xander. All of them were impressed thus questions from them came one by one.