EC 65: Losing Sleep

In an abandoned building and inside a room where several monitors were set up, a woman was furious because the cameras she had set up were discovered and destroyed. She was biting her nails while looking at the other cameras because she knew that one of these days those remaining working cameras will soon be removed. She had been very careful while placing those but Xander still manage to find it now, she can't watch him sleep and it has caused her anxiety to spike up.

"Those are just cameras. You can replace them whenever you want and besides isn't the real thing better than that image on the screen." A man hidden in the dark spoke. She shuddered at the deep almost guttural voice coming from his mouth. He was the one who helped her in setting those up and now he was also the one comforting her if you could really call that comforting.

"Yes, you have a point. The real thing is better. Yes, it is better. Better. I like how those sounds." Then the woman continued to mumble to herself while pacing on the floor.

The man who was watching him in the shadows smiled as he watched the her. When he found her, she had already lost it and her obsession with the alpha's mate was the only thing driving her to live so he decided to give her a hand and now the fruits of his labor were going to be harvested soon. Just like that, he left that place and disappeared into the night with a maniacal laugh on his mouth.

The next day, Xander dropped of Xerra to school then he returned to their house where he found Carl had started packing already. He did not hesitate to help in packing and loading all of their baggage in the car.

"I'll contact you once they cleared the house but to be safe stay in the other house for a few days as a precaution." Carl advised after they loaded the last baggage.

"Yes, thank you for the help. Come visit me once you are done here." Carl watched as Xander drove away.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and called a familiar number, "Have you checked the other house already?" He silently listened to the man's answer from the other line while nodding his head. "I understand, make sure to leave some of your people to stay on guard."

After the call, Carl entered the house and started to walk around. He had done a single round around the house when a knock came from the main door. "You're here, make sure to not miss any single suspicious things inside the house."

"Alright boss, you don't have to worry." The man together with his crew entered the house and started cleaning. Every nook and cranny were thoroughly checked even the outside were thoroughly surveyed. It took them around half a day to make sure that the property was clean before Carl called to inform Xander.

With all of his work piled up, Xander's mind was taken off from the issue of those intruding cameras for a while but after the day was done and even though Carl had already informed him that the house was now safe, he was not settled yet. He personally fetched his sister because he was worried that the person who installed those cameras might do something to her.

"This is not the way home, where are we going?" Xerra asked after she saw that they were going to a different direction from the way to their house.

"That's because we are going to stay at the vacation house for a while. I sent someone to fix something at our house and he told me that it will take them at least a week to fix it." He explained while looking at his sister through the center mirror. He could not tell her what happened and it was best for her to remain uninformed.

"Have you packed my things then, even my dresses?" her eyes twinkled when she heard that they were staying at their vacation house. That place was spacious and it has a wide backyard and a swimming pool. The house also had her favorite sun room where she could draw or paint and even just sleep. The oddness of the situation was replaced by her excitement.