EC 94: Things have changed

Amber became busy from running the pack and monitoring Xander. She felt that she was even more busy now than before as some of the Alphas that suffered from the attack were constantly contacting her for support.

Ceurian was a big pack and even though she knew that it was not her responsibility to take care of the other packs, she was still willing to do so but times are getting tough. Her pack has not yet recovered from the battle so she can't prioritize other things now.

"I have sent some financial support to several packs near ours and they are still demanding for help," Zael had a frown on his face while handing the report to Amber. He was annoyed at the fact that those packs were abusing their kindness.

"Then tell them that that would be the last. I don't care if they complain, just cut them off." Amber looked at the report then he raised his head to look at Zael. "At times like this, we need to be firm and not be swayed. We've already done what we can to help them, now it is up to them to continue on their own."

Zael nodded then he placed again another report on top of Amber's table. "Those are what we found out while investigating the Blood Pack after the attack, it seems that they were not working alone. Someone was helping them, as for the identity of that person, we do not know yet."

Amber read through the documents before he placed it back on the table. She fell into contemplation, another mysterious person appeared again.

"Do you have any idea if it is a werewolf or a vampire or some other person from another race?" Amber asked even though she knew that Zael would not know the answer.

Zael could only sigh and shake his head, "We may not be able to find out, unless we find evidence or a witness that can tell us, who exactly is our enemy. But the most likely to happen now is another attempt of destroying Ceurian, by that time we will do everything tontrack the enemy down."

Her Beta was right, all beings involved in the incident died. Not even the witches survived so there was no way that they could find an enemy who was good at hiding himself. Their only chance was that if the enemy had not given up from his ambition, then he will surely attack. If that happens, Ceurian will be more than prepared to take him down.

"By the way, have you compiled the list I asked you to research?" Amber did not want to stay on the depressing topic so she had to change it.

A few days ago, she asked Zael to make a list of all supernatural beings that existed since the beginning and possibly track their history and their whereabouts now. It was also a way to prepare for what's coming in the future.

"Thanks to Elder Veron, we've finished some. I will give them to you later since the documents are still with the elder." It was an important job but at the same time fun because he was actually learning many things from the elder.

"Is the report about the Vampire race included?" She folded her hands on top of the pile of documents on her table with her expression becoming serious.

Zael shook his head, "We haven't finished that one yet. It's a bit difficult to gather any information about them. What we have are the ones we already know and the ones from Mayor Mykel, the rest are from Elder Veron, for now that's all we've got. There whereabouts are still basically unknown and just as before, we can't track any of them."

Amber listened intently on the explanation and she remained silent after Zael finished talking. She's asked the sisters about vampires and learned basic things from them but there were still information that were missing. It appears that Feliz and Lazuli were not that familiar with the other vampires aside from the Vampire King.

"I understand, please inform me once you complete the information or better else, I'll take whatever you have right now." She stood up then picked up her jacket that was hanged behind the chair. "Let's go."

Zael was confused but he still followed the Alpha out of her office. "Uhm, where are we going?" He asked after they exited the pack house.

"We're going to Elder Veron's place," she took the path that directly leads to the road towards the elder's house. "I also want to have a talk with him."

Their walk was silent since Amber has never been a good conversation initiator. Zael on the other hand was still finding a good topic because he didn't want the atmosphere to be awkward.

"Oh by the way Alpha, how's Xander?" Zael caught up to her then slowed down to match her pace.

"He's doing fine although I can feel that he misses his family and work. He's been staring out longer these days." Amber thought back to the days where she would caught Xander spacing out and whenever she wanted to talk about it, Xander would just give her a smile and shake his head.

Zael wanted to sympathize with her but the Alpha doesn't need any of it. "How long does he still need before he can return?" He took the role of a listener instead.

"I'm not sure myself, if the sisters give their permission then he can leave," Amber's pace slowed down, like she has been waiting for someone to ask about Xander.

Zael smiled everytime he saw this reaction from the Alpha and it also made him wonder, when he could also meet his mate.

After hearing the Alpha's answer, he got curious about the mages that were with them. Amber often mentions them and has even told the pack that they will start living with Ceurian once Xander returns. She even took the time to explain to them that these mages were different from the ones who attacked them after that, she would speak about them everytime she got the chance.

"Those mages that you always talk about, how do they look like?" It was mere curiosity but also necessary, as the beta he needed to know about these mages.

Amber turned around with an unusual glint in her eyes which made Zael stop and cough. Her eyes were practically screaming interest followed a wide grin on her face.

"Why? Should I, you know introduce them to you personally? You know Feliz is beautiful and elegant while Lazuli is a bit childish since she is the younger one. Personally, I think Feliz would suit you better," Amber's grin widened. She even have he audacity to wink at Zael.