EC 17: She needs help, he needs help

"I'm glad that you are back Alpha, I have received a report from Zayier regarding the matter about the rogues of Lurea Woods. They have continued to investigate but still they did not find the cause or who was behind them." Zael went to business as soon as he stepped inside the office. "But he was sure of one thing, this event involves dark power although he was not sure what dark power it was."

Amber did not have a good feeling after hearing the involvement of dark power with the rogues. Dark power was often associated with witches and witches were bad news. Whoever was able to use that kind of power was not someone to be taken lightly if they were able to enlist a member from that race.

"Inform him to continue investigating and check everyone who have accessed our territory for the past month. I'll also ask Mykel for any suspicious people who have entered the city and Baryo Madlaw. Whoever the culprit was, we can't let him roam freely."

Zael nodded and placed the written report on her table, "By the way Alpha, you need to prepare, because any time from now on, the elders might call you regarding your mate."

"I'll take care of that when it comes. Focus on the matter of the rogues for now and also investigate if this has something to do with the ones that attacked Xander and his group." Amber stood up from his seat and circled the table. "I'll meet with Dr. Silver for the meantime so make sure to relay my orders to Zayier. Oh, and one more thing, tighten the patrol on our borders, make sure that no rogues will be able to enter again."

Amber stepped out of the pack house and took the path to Dr. Silver's clinic. Before knocking on the wooden door, she took a deep breath before she tapped on the door. Mahalia welcomed the Alpha to her office as both of them sat on the empty couches.

"How have you been Alpha?" she asked after they sat down. She pushed a glass of water on her direction while waiting for her to answer.

"A mess," Amber simply answered. Mahalia could see it. She had been performing her duties as the Alpha and at the same time she was worried about her mate who was still clueless about everything.

"Is it because of Xander?" she asked in a gentle manner. If she wanted the Alpha to talk, she would take the soft approach and not push her too much.

"Yes, and well other matters as well but his issue had been weighing down on me," she started. "I don't know how to tell him. I told myself that I'll tell him today but there was this fear inside me that he might reject me or be scared of me or that he might leave me. He already had a trauma that could be triggered by any sound or talk about wolves and he had been on edge this past few days."

"Yes, your case is a bit difficult since we did not expect that your mate will turn out to be a human but nonetheless, he is still the person that the moon goddess chose for you and if that is the case, then there is a very low chance that he would reject you," Mahalia leaned on her seat and smiled at the Alpha.

"But that still depends on him. Although the mate bond is present, he would not feel it as strongly as I can thus giving him the chance to completely ignore it once he learns that I am not human." The worry in her voice was thick and her expression had turned gloomy because of those thoughts inside her. She was focused on the glass of water and refused to look at the doctor.

"But still, you can't deny the fact that the mate bond is there. You can work on that to build a relationship with him but you should still consider that he is human. His way of life had been very different from ours from the very beginning so you should be careful of your actions or words because once you do something that he doesn't like, the mate bond will lose its meaning." Mahalia patiently stated so that Amber could at least understand the present situation.

"Do I really need to do it?" she bit her lips and clasped her hands together. She lifted her head and looked at Mahalia.

The doctor reached out and held her clasped hands. The look of helplessness made her heart hurt but they both knew that she needed to be brave and do what is right. "Yes, tell him then let him decide on his own what he should do after hearing the truth. If you drag this out, you might be the one suffering at the end."

Two days has already passed as Xander got used to the life in Ceurian, the name he later learned from one of the children he often met. He rummaged through his memories but found no information about this place when they were briefed of the place where the vacation house will be constructed.

For these past few days, he had also tried looking for a way to contact Carl and Xerra but all of them would only tell him that he needed to speak with the Alpha. He had tried but there was this reluctant and unwilling expression on her face every time he brought up the topic thus, he did not attempt talk about it again. They were his savior, he knew this fact so he was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but if this continues, he'll find a way to leave Ceurian on his own. They were good people but the fact that he was not allowed to contact anyone which was unsettling for him.

Ever since he could move his hands freely with only a slight pain, he had started to ask them to let him leave but they had refused. He did not know why they were keeping him in there but he felt like a prisoner the longer he stayed there. He was also worried for his sister who he knew was waiting for him. Xander knew to himself that he can't stay there any longer.

It was in the middle of the night that he opened his eyes and left his room as quietly as he could. As carefully as he could, he went to the garage of the house and spotted five cars in total. Xander tried to open them one by one and got lucky as one of them were actually opened, as an engineer, he knew many skills and one of them was starting a car without keys.

But before starting the car, he went to press the button beside the garage's door to let the gate open. Luckily, the gates open without noise but to make sure that no one has woken up due to the noise, he looked around one more time just in case and when he saw that he was alone, he returned to the car and started it.

His plan was to let the car run as soon as it starts since the noise will surely wake up the residents of the house. He was not comfortable with his own plan but this was the only way for him to leave and he can just approach the mayor to get in contact with them again to thank them for saving him.

As soon as the car started, he did not waste time to step on the gas and let the car speed up. He would return the car once he got to their site and compensate them generously after that.

'He's leaving!' the Alpha wolf roared inside Amber's mind as soon as they heard the sound of car leaving and his presence slowly getting farther.

Amber leapt to her feet and from the window of her room, she jumped and landed safely on the ground before she ran after the car. Her eyes were currently gold in color and the air around her was enough to scare anyone who would want to approach her.

The moment she saw the car speeding up in the dirt road, she ran faster and appeared in front of the car intending to stop it but the car suddenly change direction at a dangerous speed which caused the car to hit a nearby tree.

Amber was shocked at what had happened that she flashed beside the wrecked car and pulled the door by force to check if Xander was alright. She saw that the safety bag of the car was triggered and that Xander was unconscious.

'Blood,' her wolf growled as Amber slowly pulled him out of the car just exactly as Zael came.

"Alpha, what happened?" he saw her pulling Xander and laying him on the ground. There was not response from her so without asking anymore questions, he kneeled down and checked the once again unconscious man. "He's fine, he just got some minor scratches from the broken windshield. He is unconscious due to concussion. It is better to bring him to Dr. Silver's clinic for a thorough check."

With the help of the warriors who came with them, they transferred Xander but the Alpha did not allow them to take him to the doctor's clinic and instead instructed them to bring him up to her room. After he was settled, the Alpha quietly stayed by his side until Dr. Silver came.

Mahalia looked towards Zael after seeing the Alpha's silent self but he only shook his head. She did a checkup and verified Zael's first assessment then she turned to the Alpha to reassure her that her mate was fine but she was out of it and kept mumbling to herself.

"This is my fault," she mumbled after staying silent. "I did not expect him to do something reckless."