EC 84: Rampage

Dr. Silver was already waiting for Xander and when the warrior carrying him came, she immediately got the help of her assistants and carefully carried him down on the stretcher they prepared before carrying him off to the clinic inside the pack house. The doctor did not waste time together with her assistants they removed Xander's clothes and examined the wounds on his body which were actually deep bite wounds.

She immediately cleaned and disinfected it before reapplying the bandage. She repeated these steps to the bite wounds on his legs and arms before proceeding to clean the gashes and scrapes. After the treatment, Xander woke up and felt that his body was in less pain.

"You're very lucky. You have been on the verge of death for a couple of times now but you still manage to survive from all of it." Dr. Silver spoke from the side where she was seated the moment that Xander woke up.

"Then I am thankful for that because I am afraid to die," he smiled and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. "How's the battle?" he asked to change the topic.

"The Alpha is still leading the warriors in the front line. There are still enemies that remained and she will be going around the territories to see their situation. In fact, she might be doing her rounds right now." Dr. Silver stood up and handed him a glass of water. "You should rest first and don't move around."

Xander nodded so after drinking the water he lied down again and closed his eyes. He immediately fell asleep and at that moment something inside Xander's body woke up. It slowly spread throughout his body and slowly took control of his nerves and every part of his body. As the night came, he remained in the clinic asleep but the moment that darkness had completely taken over, his eyes opened. He stood up from the bed and found a change of clothes on the sofa inside the clinic. Xander changed into those then left the room towards a place that was guarded by warriors.

"Mr. Xander! Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be resting now?" the warrior asked after he saw the man. They were aware that the Alpha's mate was treated in the pack house so he was wondering why he was here.

"I was feeling fine and wanted to come and see the pack members because I'm a bit worried," he answered and the warriors were taken aback because of his concern. Even though he was not yet formally introduced as the Alpha's mate, he was still showing concern to the members of Ceurian.

"Is that so, come, come, they are all inside. I'm sure that they will be happy to see you!" The other warrior exclaimed as he ushered him inside the basement of the pack house. Xander quietly followed and listened to the warrior while occasionally giving him answer and even nodding to his stories.

The warrior pushed open the heavy metal door and the pack members who were inside saw the person who came. They were happy to see that the Alpha's mate was doing well despite all the bandage around his body. The warrior was grinning but Xander was not moving so the warrior looked at him but Xander suddenly grabbed him by the neck and lifted him up using only one of his hands.

The people inside the room were frightened at Xander's action and before they could do something about it, the tendrils started to move on their own. Several cries resounded through the mind link which alerted the whole pack of the situation. Amber was shocked at the simultaneous cry for help and when she asked for an explanation she was frozen on her spot.

Without thinking twice about it, she commanded the warriors to immediately return to Ceurian's center and prevent any tragedy from happening. They were ordered to use their fastest speed to reach the pack house while the warriors on the site were ordered to stop him but not to kill him.

'It seems that the 'darkness' inside Xander had broken out. The Monolith might have a hand in this and he enlisted the help of those witches.' Elder Leonides spoke to the Alpha through the mind link after he left his territory to his trusted aide to go to central. He was assigned to look after the 'darkness' inside Xander so he felt the responsibility to go and stop him no matter what happens.

Dr. Silver also rushed to the pack house only to see that most of the warriors were wounded but none of them were dead. She also went down to the vault to see if the pack members were fine. The doctor breath a sigh of relief when she saw there were no major injuries among them although the pups were obviously scared as they were being comforted by the caretakers.

"Where is he?" she asked one of them and there was a moment of silence before one of them finally answered.

"He left and went to the forest," he answered while pointing at the opened steel door.

Dr. Silver nodded before informing the Alpha then she asked them another question, "Can you tell me what happened?"

The woman who spoke was a bit hesitant but under the doctor's probing gaze she narrated what happened. According to her, when Xander entered the vault, he suddenly strangled the warrior who was with him then tendrils of 'darkness' appeared behind his back. The tendrils tried to attack them but the adults were able to dodge and save the others then all of a sudden, the tendrils stopped then they saw the Alpha's mate vomiting blood while looking at them and at the tendrils in horror. After that, he left and all they heard was a commotion outside but they did not dare go out because he might come back and try to kill them.

The information was relayed to the Alpha while Dr. Silver busied herself in helping the wounded together with her assistants. She gazed at the dark forest and hoped that the Alpha will be able to save her mate.

In the midst of the dark forest, a lone figure was kneeling on the ground while covering his face with his bloodied hands. A couple of grunts came from his mouth like he was struggling because he was fighting the urge to go back and destroy everything. The urge was slowly gnawing at his consciousness but he refused to lose and the more that he fights to stay in control of his mind, the more he felt that his body was becoming weak. He could feel the energy rampaging inside his body, it felt like there were snakes crawling under his skin and destroying his insides and it left a burning sensation that he could not explain. He was not even capable of crying out for help due to the unbearable pain because his throat was already not working, none of his body parts were working well.

The tendrils that were coming out from his back continued to tear and pierce the ground and trees around him but their blood thirst was not satiated. They were still looking for blood to drink and life to kill but Xander will not allow them.

Alpha Amber broke through the foliage and trees only to her mate in pain, now that she was near him, she could also feel it. Her mate was suffering, "Xander..." she softly called out after she shifted into her human form but the man did not respond and instead several tendrils of the 'darkness' attacked her. Amber managed to dodge all of it and she was also able to get a hold of one and pulled it out but it disintegrated in her hands and was replaced with a new one.

The warriors wanted to help and so they tried to pin the tendrils by capturing them and restricting their movements so that Amber can get near Xander. They were successful so Amber made her way towards him but before she could even reach him, she was pierced by another 'darkness' that appeared from Xander's chest.

Xander's eyes widened when he saw this happening in front of him and slowly his tears fell but it was soon replaced by blood because his body can't hold on any longer. This woman that he never wanted to hurt was bleeding before him now and it was because of him. The tendrils that were captured by the warriors unexpectedly gained strength and escape their clutches before attacking with fierce speed. Some of them successfully evaded the attack but the tendrils were like missiles and were following them no matter where they landed until they were pierced one by one.

The grass was now covered with blood but Amber did not mind, she did not stop walking towards him and held hid bloody face in his hands. She wiped the blood and her forehead touched his. "I'm here and you'll be fine, I promise you everything will be fine. You'll be able to return to Xerra and you'll be able to return to the life that you are used to so please, let me help you."