EC 35: She's impressed

Amber perked up once she heard them asking him questions. She was also impressed at her mate for being able to stand against a werewolf warrior even though his opponent did not use any of his werewolf strength, it was still something to be proud of.

"Where did you learn those moves?" one of them asked. Though the moves were a bit unrefined, most of them were still effective with just the right timing.

"Oh, I learned some boxing and a bit of martial arts but I was not able to maintain it due to my busy schedule so I just did it as a past time," he felt shy after seeing the enthusiastic expressions of the warriors surrounding him.

"Well, now that you are here, you can come and spar with us. We will definitely help you improve, it's good for self-defense or even as an exercise." Another one exclaimed happily. Actually, all of them had been curious as to how the Alpha's mate was like. They were glad to know that the man was easy to get along with and he was not that afraid or wary of them. He was treating them with no prejudice nor judgement, thus without knowing it, Xander had earned their approval.

It was good that their Alpha's mate was a good man and that he liked children. Some of the warriors on the group had their children talking about him nonstop every time they reach home after playing and learning with the women of the pack assigned to look after them. Although he was only human, he was not like the other humans they have met.

"Alright, enough, I'll be taking him for breakfast now and so should you all. Go have breakfast and take some rest." Amber walked towards them and pulled Xander away from the group.

These group of warriors could not help but whistle and laugh at their Alpha but she just ignored them. "Well Alpha, we hope that you would let us spar with him."

Amber chuckled, "Don't worry, I won't stop him from doing what he wanted." Another round of whistles ensued some of them were even clapping. Without answering, she just pulled Xander away as she held his hand until they entered the pack house. On the other hand, Xander did not know how to react.

"Your warriors are quite lively," he gently pulled his hand away from her grip and looked at her with a smile.

"Yes, they are and all of them are also good fighters so it is good for you to learn from them. Fighting skills might come in handy in the future so I also advise you to let them train you," Amber turned around with a serious look. She meant all of what she had said.

If in the future that others would learn that her mate was human, some of their enemies might take that opportunity to target Xander. It was a possibility and now that they were currently facing some problems, it would be better for him to learn and protect himself. Aside from the issue of those rogues, there was also the issue of the 'darkness' currently sleeping inside Xander. Until now, she had not found any clues regarding the pure light mentioned on the legend.

She wanted to focus on finding the clues but the matter of the rogues was more pressing. Luckily, the mark she gave him was suppressing the 'darkness' for now.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Xander asked after Amber suddenly stopped talking as she was looking at him.

"Nothing, let's go." Amber turned around with Xander still looking at her in confusion. He followed behind and both of them had breakfast after that Amber returned to her office while Xander returned to his room for a conference with Carl and Mr. Alvarez.

Not long after Amber sat down, Zayier came to report. "There had been no other disturbances on the Lurea Woods as of now but we are still keeping an eye around the area to avoid the same situation with your mate. I also added some warriors to patrol our borders as a precaution. The area around the construction site had been clear of rogues but we will still continue to patrol there as well."

"Let Zael inform Mayor Mykel about your report. Any sightings of rogues shall be reported to me immediately and execute any that would pass through our borders. Ah yes, I'll be joining the patrol tomorrow just to make sure that everything is fine."

Zayier nodded and left the office silently. After signing the last document, Amber stood up and walked towards the window as she stretched her body. Thanks to the morning jog she had been doing, the stiffness in her body had been reduced but Eirian was becoming impatient so she needed to let her run tomorrow.

On her way out, she picked the documents to give it to Zael after that she could finally relax for once. "All of these had been signed," she placed the stack of papers on Zael's table.

"Thank you so much. By the way, Alpha Gidou informed us that they sent out the letters to the other packs. He said to thank you for vouching for him. I have already informed the mayor regarding Zayier's report."

Amber nodded then she left without saying any words. The beta was already used to it so he just let her be. After leaving Zael's office, she went to look for Xander when she saw that the door to the room was slightly opened. She nearly skipped towards it but controlled herself and slowly walked to the room. It was her mate's voice; she peeked through the opening and saw that the man was busy. He seemed to be in a conference and to see him this serious was new to Amber. He gave off a different a vibe when he was actually working that even his frown seemed beautiful to Amber.

"Is that feasible? If you change the design now, the construction would be delayed. We can't delay it any further." She heard him speak with frustration as the frown on his face became even more pronounced.

"Carl had already talked to me about the changes and I agree with him. I like the changes that he suggested and I am willing to wait. Money would not be a problem so there is no need to rush the project." The client, she presumed spoke but even so, she still saw that Xander was not happy about it.

"Are you sure about that Mr. Alvarez?" he sighed as he leaned on the chair. She saw that he was not willing to comply with them but it seems that the client was okay with the changes they were talking about so he could only give up in persuading him.

After Mr. Alvarez agreed, there was nothing much that Xander could do. Amber waited for him to finish the conference before she knocked on the door and greeted Xander.

"Are you busy?" she asked after she entered the room. She could already see the scattered papers on the table with the still open laptop. There were also notes written on blank sheets of paper and some drawings, it seems that he was a bit busy.

"Oh, no I'm already done. I'm going to go and see the children now. Do you want to join me?" he closed the laptop and fixed the scattered papers on the table then he stood up.

"Let's go then," Amber nodded. Both of them left the house and walked the path towards the main community of the pack.

After playing with the children in the lake, he was invited to the children's house and he had been going there to see them. That was also the first time he had gone to the actual community. He did not expect that the community they had been speaking of, was almost the size of a town. One could see things that exists in a regular human town, there were groceries, salons, diners and even ins. They also had a daycare and elementary schools for the children.

Since he was curious, he asked the aunties questions that came to his mind. Apparently, when the children grew and needed to enter high school, they would send them outside the pack. He also asked if there would be no problems if they entered a normal school and the aunties replied, that there were none since they were taught rigorously after their first shift about control and that they were under strict supervision. It was also to train them and let them interact with society aside from the world of the wolves.

Another matter that greatly surprised him was that the mayor of Cartnan, the city where Baryo Madlaw was located, actually knew about the existence of a werewolf pack in his city and that he was the person who protects them from the prying eyes of humans.