EC 22: Posessed

"Why did your eye color change? Are you angry again?" He asked out of curiosity because the last time he saw her like that was yesterday, when she exploded and almost choked him.

While thinking of what had happened yesterday, his hand subconsciously touched his neck that was still a little bit red from the tight hold she had on him. Amber saw this and was slightly guilty of what had happened yesterday. She could see the bruise on his skin and regretted what she did.

"I should call Dr. Silver to look at that so that the bruising would subside," she frowned and the relaxed atmosphere around them disappeared.

Xander sighed, "It's okay, it'll fade soon and I also apologize for the words I have told you yesterday, it was just, I was not myself and I was shocked. It was not my intention to insult you or anything."

"Then I would also like to apologize for attacking you." It was the only thing she was sorry about the other things. She had decided to go through with it.

He thought that he would be angrier when he saw the woman again but sitting there with her had magically quieted his anger. It did not take long for him to accept this fact since he was not a person who would hold a grudge as long as the other had already apologized. Although the anger did not fully fade at least it had lessened.

For the meantime, he would go along with her. "Are-are all of you in this place werewolves?" he asked while clenching his fists. He was not sure why he asked that question all of a sudden but he really wanted to know.

"Yes," there was no need for her to lie. "This is the main house, where I am living and is the headquarters of our pack. This place also serves as the office where the other pack members are working. If you go south past the forest, you'll be able to see the community."

Xander nodded, he did not expect that even werewolves have their own community and leader. So even those kind aunties and children were werewolves, he did not think of that possibility, well not until she confessed.

"Even though we are werewolves, you don't have to be wary of any of us. Just like any society, if someone in my pack does something wrong then they are to be punished." He heard her lightly tapped the table to get his attention and saw her nodd to reassure him that he was safe in this place.

That was a bit difficult to believe because if everyone in that place could become a wolf, they could easily rip him apart and what if he accidently offended any of them, then what would become of him? He felt chills at his own thoughts. He looked up once again but he saw that Amber was in a daze which confused him because she was alright just a while ago. He was about to call out to him when he saw her suddenly snapping out of it.

"I'll be leaving for a while, I'll come back again later. There's something I need to do," she left without forgetting to lock the door after Zayier talked to her through the mind link. She arrived at her office and saw her Gamma was already waiting for her. Zael was also there and he had been briefed by Zayier of what had happened.

"Report," she sat down to wait for his report.

Zayier stood straight and clasp his hands behind his back before he spoke, "We did not find any traces of the 'darkness' within the area of the Lurea Woods." He started which made her grimace. "And I received a rather worrying report when we tried a search around the community and the pack house area that's why I immediately called you. One of the trackers found some traces of it in the direction of the pack house."

Amber abruptly stood up, "What? Then have you sent them to continue looking?" she rounded the table and went straight for the door. Both Zael and Zayier followed, while the latter was still reporting.

"Yes, I have instructed them to keep looking but so far they found none." Zayier answered and that made her stop on her tracks.

"It might have hidden itself already. Lead me to where you found traces of that thing."

Zayier led the way until they reached a patch of blackened soil and dead grass. Amber could already smell blood and traces of the stench of darkness on it. She crouched down and studied the black soil, it was on the direction of the pack house like something had crawled and dragged the soil towards the pack house which was only a hundred meters away.

"Have you felt any strange presence in the pack house Alpha?" Zayier asked but based on the frown on her face, she must have not felt anything.

"These things are extremely tricky. Even if I deliberately spread my presence, it would be difficult for me to find it especially if it had already concealed itself by possessing anything it took a fancy to." She stood up and patted the dust on her pants before facing the direction of the pack house. "If it really did possess someone or something that would be a problem. Observe anyone who are inside or around the pack house, if they start acting strange report to me immediately but do it subtly."

Zayier left to instruct the pack warriors while Zael was left to assist the Alpha. "Whoever or whatever the 'darkness' had possessed, I hope that they will be alright after we subdue that thing."

"Let's go, I'll let my presence roam around for a bit." They walked back to the pack house. "By the way, hand Xander his phone. I have already given permission for him to call his family."

Zael took a double look at the Alpha, "Did the both of you made up already?" he asked and run after the woman to walk beside her.

"You can say so," she answered but her straight faced remained the same. Zael wondered if they really made up or not.

"Then will you be letting him out too?" since he was allowed to contact his family, he assumed that he was also allowed to go out but it seems that he was wrong with the Alpha's next words.

"No, he will remain in that room. I am not giving him a chance to escape once again." Zael closed his mouth and shook his head. "By the way, go to Dr. Silver and ask her for any ointment that can relieve bruising."

He subconsciously nodded, "Wait, what bruises?" He asked in shock and overtook the Alpha to stand in front of her with a shock look on his face. "Did you hit him?"

Amber frowned, "Stop asking questions and do what I say." She wanted to forget about it and now Zael was not helping at all.

"Alright, I won't ask." He did not ask any longer and just followed her instructions.

After getting the cream from the good doctor, he went to retrieve Xander's phone before going to his room which was also the Alpha's room even though she was not sleeping there.

He found the man sitting beside the window once again. "Hi!" he greeted.

Xander turned around from his seat and also greeted him. His eyes lit up when he saw a familiar cellphone in his hand. Zael saw that his gaze was directed at the thing on his hand.

"Oh, this, the Alpha told me that I should return your phone so that you can call your family." Zael raised the phone and handed it to him.

He was happy to finally be able to hold his phone in his hand. This was the only time that he was glad to be able to have his phone with him and the doubt he had vanished because Amber was true to her word.

"Thank you so much!" he carefully held the phone like it was a very precious item and he looked very happy. Zael thought that he must be really glad to be able to call his family.

"I'll also leave this for you. Dr. Silver said to apply it to the bruise at least two times a day," he placed the bottle on the table.

"Oh, alright thank you." Xander had already told her that it was fine but she still did what she said. He touched his neck and nodded towards Zael.

The Beta then noticed the bruised and groaned internally. "She did not hit him but she choked him, so fierce." He mumbled to himself but shook his head when he saw the man looking at him. "That's all, I'll leave you now."

After the door closed, Xander could finally breath. Once he powered on his phone, he saw so many messages and missed calls which came from his friend and from Mr. Alvarez.

'They must have been worried,' he thought to himself.

His fingers were shaking while dialing the familiar sting of number. He waited with bated breath for the other party to answer his call and after only two rings he could already hear a familiar voice asking him several questions at one breath.