EC 71: One Week!?

With that thought, Amber transformed her right hand into claws then made a small slit on her palm. She then pressed her palm at the door and made sure that the blood would be smudged thoroughly on the surface of the door then she stepped backward to wait for any reaction from it but after a few minutes nothing happened.

"Blood! I can smell blood..." a voice suddenly rang in the empty space. Amber looked around but she saw no one and yet the voice continued to speak. "It's not the blood that we wanted to. It's not human blood. It's not it. How disappointing."

"They must be intruders...those wolves must have sent them here..." a different answered the other voice but Amber can't still figure out where these voices were coming from. "But how were they able to enter this place?" the voice asked in wonder.

"Hmmm, this is a dilemma, what will we do to them? What should we do? Kill them? Since they are not the ones we are waiting for." The first voice asked a series of question with an innocent voice that was not suited with its statements.

"That's reasonable, we can do that since the master told us to kill anyone who would dare to steal from him. We should do it." The other voice did not hesitate to agree.

After those words were uttered, the atmosphere around the castle changed. It became gloomy and she could feel the rise of bloodlust from the changing surrounding. "Wait!" She exclaimed even though she was not sure if those voices were able to hear her. "I'm not here to steal!"

"Not to steal? Then what would the likes of you do in here, stroll?" the first voice responded followed by a snort.

"No, I don't know but something pulled me to come here and I was able to get here in one piece." She reasoned out because as far as she knew, there were no other people who were able to enter this far inside the Lurea Woods.

"She has a point. She was the only one who was able to reach this place alive." The second voice responded with an emphasis on the word 'alive' along the way.

Amber sighed. The voices then started whispering but she could not hear them. It sounded like rumbles of thunder to her even with her excellent hearing. She waited for those voices to speak once again but nothing happened even after a few minutes. The rumbles stopped and a breeze passed through them then the rumbles started again.

"That necklace you are wearing, where did you get it?" one of the voices asked again after its deliberation with the other voice.

Through the wind they sent to assess the woman, they felt a surge of energy that was familiar to them. It was something that they had not felt for a long time because the owner of that energy had passed away together with their master. The woman might be the descendant of that man if that necklace was hers.

Amber caressed the necklace on her neck, "This was a gift from my father. He told me that this necklace had been with our family for a long time now." Her voice unconsciously softened at the memory of her tenth birthday when she received the necklace. She had treasured it ever since then and even now because it was a memory that she did not want to forget. "Do you have a problem with it?"

"Since you have that necklace, we will let you leave this place alive. But if you come here again don't expect us to be merciful." The voice's tone changed and became deeper. Even the dark atmosphere around the place turned even bleaker.

Amber was about to speak once again but a strong gust of wind blew towards her accompanied by a lot of leaves which covered her vision and when she opened them once again, she was back outside of the Lurea Woods.

"Those voices, were they mages?" her voice returned to its normal coldness as she asked her wolf about those voices they heard from the vampire's castle.