EC 47: It disappeared

Even though she had significantly calmed down, her wolf was still lingering in the back of her mind and the atmosphere was still tense. Nobody dared to get near her at the moment, even the beta and the elder maintained a distance from her after they gave her the clothes.

Amber could understand their reaction and remained where she was. Eirian was still on edge and she could feel that she herself was not yet alright. She needed to see Xander, she needed to make sure that he was okay in order for her to suppress the quiet madness inside her.

They waited with a tense atmosphere for the warriors who were sent to look for Xander and the pup. Every minute that passed by seemed like eternity and they were not sure if the oppressive aura that kept on intensifying was caused by the Alpha because she looked calm.

Eirian was impatient. The longer that she was not able to see her mate in person was making her anxious and her pacing inside Amber's mind was already causing a painful headache for the woman. But she can't fully blame her wolf because she herself was worried to the point that her hands and being were shaking.

After approximately an hour, the warriors came with the pup on one of the warrior's arms. Xander on the other hand was walking on his own with a temporary bandage on his chest. There was a blood stain on it but it was not serious enough. Both of them were covered with thick jackets due to the chilly water.

Amber gritted her teeth and took a deep breathe. She first asked if the pup was okay and when she made sure that he was okay, she then walked towards the drenched man. "Why do you need to be so heroic?" was the first words that came out of her mouth after seeing her mate. He was not in good condition but he was alright. She lifted her hand and touched his arm. "You're okay." She sighed in relief. The heaviness in her heart was gone and her wolf also stopped pacing. By this time all of their senses were focused on him, on his breathing and his heart beat.

"Yes, I am okay." He gave the woman a smile. He could tell that she was shaken and found that she was slightly shaking by the hand that was holding his arm. Without stopping himself, he pulled her into a tight embrace.

Amber was surprised at the sudden action but then she returned the embrace. "I'm okay." She heard him say once again with his hands tightening around her.

Amber nodded and buried herself in his arms. With how they were right now, Xander realized that even though Amber was an Alpha, she was still a woman and was vulnerable to emotions like any other people. She seemed big in his eyes whenever she was working but now that he was hugging her, she was surprisingly small and fits perfectly in his arms. It gave him the sense that they were meant to be together, that they were actually soul mates.

Everybody watched as their Alpha and her mate were having their moment but nobody interrupted them instead, they gave them space and left them alone. They did not want to be light bulbs amidst the sweetness that overtook the once tense atmosphere. They were also glad that both of them were fine.

Not far away from all of this, Sheiy had been watching. From the moment the fight had started to the scene playing out in front of her. She was silent. She was watching. Her fists clenched the moment that Xander pulled the Alpha into an embrace. She wanted to be the woman in his arms and that Alpha. Everything was wrong from her perspective.

'You can have him. I can feel it, he had the same darkness that you have. You can have him!' the cold and dark voice whispered in her mind.

"Yes, I will have him. The Alpha doesn't deserve him." She answered which made the voice laugh. It was glad that finally the woman had answered it which only means that she was now acknowledging its presence. Now that the woman had spoken it can now move according to its desire. The 'darkness' had its eyes on the Alpha's mate because he had felt it, the same presence as he was inside the man's body. Another maniacal laugh echoed in her mind but she did not flinch nor react.