EC 80: Rage

Once he was out of that creepy house, he immediately contacted his Alpha to inform him that their target was already in their hands and that they can proceed to the next stage of their plan. The Blood Pack's Alpha was ecstatic after receiving the good news and he could not help himself from laughing out loud.

"The time has come for the strongest pack to be wiped out of the map," he exclaimed while laughing so hard. "Finally!"

On the other hand, Ceurian was busy because of another attack that they had experienced and while everything has calmed down for a little bit, their Alpha seemed to have become more anxious. Zael watched as Amber was pacing back and forth which she had been doing for almost an hour now.

"Is there a problem Alpha?" he wanted to wait until she calmed down but his patience had run out. He needed his Alpha to be calm because they were in a crisis so he can't have her pacing on the floor and not paying attention to her.

Amber stopped on her tracks before she finally spoke, "There is an ominous feeling inside of me right now and even Eirian can't be at ease. There is something wrong..." she mumbled and she continued to do so without listening to Zael's word.

The Beta had no choice but to leave the Alpha alone first and hope that she would be calm once he returns to report. Another sigh left out his mouth at his work and responsibility. Immediately after he entered his office, he dialed Edrei's number to ask him if something happened on their side but even after a few rings, the man did not answer. Zael ended the call and looked at his cellphone like something was weird with it. He shook his head and took several deep breaths to stabilize himself. He even did not forget to convince himself that everything was alright.

He called for the second time but instead on answering back, the call was rejected and he received a message from Edrei detailing the predicament they were facing. Zael almost dropped his phone after reading the message as he stood frozen behind his table.

'No way!' he internally screamed. 'This can't be happening and why now?' he could not believe the information he received as he painfully replied that he was going to wait for their good news. He placed his phone on the table and covered his eyes while tilting his head upward. If the Alpha ever learns that her mate was in danger, she might go crazy and even abandon the pack to look for him but could he really keep it a secret from Amber when she was already feeling anxious? He did not know what to do as he could not send more of their men to search for him because the Alpha will notice and they needed all manpower they have to protect Ceurian.

A loud noise echoed in his room after a while and large whole appeared on the wall of his office because he could not hold back his frustration at how the mess had escalated and became even more complicated. He had an inkling that Xander's kidnapping might be another scheme of the enemy in order to bring them down.

His phone call connected and Mayor Mykel answered without hesitation, "I'm guessing that you already knew what happened."

"Yes, and please inform me as soon as possible of any updates since I don't know how long can I keep this from the Alpha." It was a gamble but he will do his best to keep the information from Amber for as long as he can.

After that call, Zael proceeded with his work like nothing happened and even after reporting to Amber, he pretended that everything was okay. This state was maintained for over two days until the Alpha finally could not take it any longer and directly asked Zael if something happened because she also wanted to know why Xander was not answering her calls.

Zael wanted to circle around it and hopefully make her believe that everything was fine but he did not escape the Alpha's intimidating gaze and pressure so at the end he decided to tell her everything. Amber's mind blanked out after hearing the words that was coming out from Zael's mouth and when he heard that her mate was currently missing, she lost it. The table was shattered into pieces and Zael was pushed back and hit the wall due to the force of the Alpha's aura.

She had started to transform into her half human-half wolf form and was ready to leave the place and find her mate. She was also ready to kill whoever the person was behind all of this but before she could take step forward, Zael called out to her with all his might.

"The pack needs you Alpha, are you really going to leave in such a critical time? You are the leader of this pack and you must be responsible for it. I know that Xander's situation is also urgent that's why Mayor Mykel had already dispatched his men to look for him and Edrei and the others are doing their best. If you go now, you are only playing into their hands." He shouted at the top of his lungs in hopes of getting to the Alpha because if not now then they might lose her and lose everything.

At that time, Zayier came and forcefully opened the door only to see that their Alpha was in rage mode and every furniture inside the room was destroyed while Zael was sprawled on the floor. There was also a strong wind inside the room due to Alpha's aura that was leaking out with its sound mixed with growls from the Alpha.

"Please think about it Alpha," Zael pleaded and after a while the wind subsided the Alpha slowly returned to herself with her eyes closed. The room remained in a tense silence while they wait for the Alpha to speak.

"How is the search going?" she asked without looking at Zael. It was difficult for her to remain rational with Eirian raging in her mind.

"They are making head way on it and I'm only waiting for a news from the mayor," he answered after he was able to stand back up. "According to the mayor they found clues."

"Alright, from now on don't hide any information from me again. You may leave because right now, I'm not sure if I can still hold out." She pointed at the door where Zayier was standing so without speaking again, Zael left with his brother as they closed the door behind them firmly.

Amber was left inside the room to try and calm down he raging wolf. Her eyes was firmly shut as she was trying to reason out with Eirian who was rampaging and was bulldozing her way throughout Amber's consciousness because she wanted to get out and hunt those bastards who kidnapped Xander.

'Stop it, Eirian! We can't be reckless right now!' Amber urged but the wolf was not listening to her. All of her reasoning flew out of the window and now all she can hear from the wolf were her growls. 'I know that you are worried but we can't act out right now, please let's trust our warriors to find him. Zael has a point, the both of us are Alphas first before we are mates with Xander and though it pains me too, I can't allow you to go. We have to be responsible with our pack.' Eirian's growls finally stopped after a while so Amber could finally sigh in relief when she heard her wolf speak.

'If something happens to Xander, no force in this world will be able to stop me and you for making them pay.' She growled and slowly quietened inside Amber's consciousness before she was able to peacefully open her eyes again which returned to their usual color.

She slumped on the floor with a deep sigh and she could feel the low energy in her body after the ordeal. Eirian's words weighed on her mind because she knew that the next time, she won't be able to stop her because she herself might also lose her mind if something happens to Xander.

Before she could ease her mind, another bad news came to them as another pack was again destroyed and that some of the bigger packs are now struggling to defend from the attacks. This was not her problem any longer because even their pack was facing a crisis. Waves of rogues created through magic and illusion continued to disturb their peace to the point that some of the pack members were allowed to leave for the time being for their own safety. The Elders who were each defending their territories were also starting to struggle but if they won't defend then Ceurian will surely fall.

That night an unusual visitor entered Ceurian and slipped inside the Alpha's office that was yet to be fully fixed. The visitor started to roam inside the room like a ghost while giving out an eerie laugh. "Aren't you tired Alpha? Why don't you just surrender and succumbed to destruction, isn't that easier than to continue with the tedious work of defending your territory?" The uninvited visitor started to taunt Amber who was already in a bad mood because of what had happened during the day and yet here comes another problem.