EC 19: Hah, what a mess

Zael could only stand there as there was nothing he could do more. Xander won't be able to process any more information and he has not right to reveal the truth, it should be done by the Alpha. He badly wanted to cry and leave but it seems that Xander has more say.

"You even let me stay inside your Alpha's room, is that to make sure that I won't be able to escape your surveillance?" Xander faced the man once again and just like before, Zael could not guess what the other was thinking. The Alpha would already flip if she was the one there.

"If that was our intention, then we would not let you roam around Ceurian. I know that all of this might sound absurd to you but all of this are very much real. Please take time to understand and wait for our Alpha to explain it to you bit by bit. The shock of today should be enough already." Zael tried to explain and appeal to him but the way he was looking at him was a sign that he did not believe any of his words.

"Why did you save me? Why did you bring me to this place when you could just have left me inside a hospital? Or you could just have let me die in that place at least my family would be able to find my body." He could not hold it any longer, the anger. Xander had a lot of patience and understanding but right now it does not exist. His fists were clenched tightly while he gritted his teeth and even his heart was pounding loudly.

Zael wanted to leave but his piercing gaze froze him on the spot. He shivered as he felt chills run down his spine at the man's actions, it was the first time that he felt intimidated by someone other than the Alpha. It also took him a while to gather his thoughts in order to answer him, "Because it is our responsibility to protect and save the weak. We could not leave you in a hospital because your wound is different from a normal wound."

Even though he had tried his best to explain, Xander was not convinced. All he wanted to do at that moment was to stand up and leave. "I want to leave. I promise that I won't tell your people's secret to anyone, just let me go."

Zael wanted to say yes but the Alpha was a major factor in this so he could only shake his head, "The Alpha is the one you should be asking permission from. It is not my place to grant you that request, everything inside this pack must go through her."

Xander was disappointed. "Why, I have been asking you why?" he was not comfortable in staying in a place where a potential threat was everywhere. He had no desire to remain in a place where werewolves exist.

"I can't tell you but I'm sure that the Alpha will tell you soon," Zael wanted the topic to end since he could not agitate him further. Any being that had become emotional was difficult to handle.

"Then let me go. If you can't tell me the reason the why, I'd rather not know it and leave this place." There was anger in his voice and Zael could already feel that the situation was turning for the worst.

"I'm sorry," was the only words he could say to the man.

With those words, Xander leaned on the bed and decided to ignored the man. He had nothing more to say to the man. Zael saw that Xander fell silent and refused to acknowledge his presence any longer even though he had been standing there for a couple of minutes after his last statement, he then decided to leave the room.

He saw the Alpha standing a few steps away from the door after he stepped out, "Don't talk to him for now Alpha, let him cool down first."

Without answering, she left for her office once again. Zael who was unintentionally caught in between the dilemma went back to the kitchen like a wilted vegetable. He felt really tired after having that conversation with Xander.

"That was the worst experience I had ever since I was born. I'd rather face a couple of raging rogues than facing someone who could let me feel fear," he immediately complained after he sat down on the chair beside Zayier.

His brother could only pat him in the back for being able to keep it up. "I did not think that you would be intimidated by the Alpha's mate."

He sighed and rested his head on the table, "That was a surprise for me too. Was that an effect of the mate bond?"

Zayier shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, there was no case like the Alpha's so I don't know if that can be done by the mate bond. Now that the first wave is done, let us wait for the second wave to come."

As expected, Zayier was right, that evening it was Amber who entered her room where Xander was staying. The dinner that was brought up was not eaten just like the lunch and she could not help but frown at this.

"Why didn't you touch your food?" she asked but Xander ignored her. He only sat on the couch which he moved near the window overlooking the grounds below. "Are you going to ignore me forever?"

"Are you going to keep me here forever?" he asked back without turning his head to look at her.

She was not happy at how her mate was answering him and she did not like that he was ignoring her presence. It was uncomfortable because as an Alpha, there was no one that had shown such disrespect to her.

She could feel the anger in her arising at the thought that someone was challenging her, "Enough of this. You are inside my territory, my house so you should at least show me respect."

Xander sneered, he stood up from where he was sitting and ignored the pain from his wounds to look her in the eyes, "Respect? How can I show you respect when in the first place you have not shown me any of that respect you are talking about? You are keeping me here against my will and the moment I request for you to let me go, you refused. That for me is being disrespectful and depriving me of my own will."

Every word was emphasized while his sharp gaze was directed at her. Xander did not want to get angry and he considered himself as a person who has a mild temper but everyone has their own limits. What she was doing right now, had already passed his bottom line. He could not tolerate it any longer.

Amber did not like it, the tone of his voice, her Alpha side could not accept that this man was not bowing to her, "Why do you insist on leaving? My word is the law in this place. If I tell you not to leave then you cannot leave."

"I don't belong in this place nor in your pack so you do not have the right to dictate any of my decisions. You can't force me to stay here with monsters like you!" His fists were tightly clenched with his breathing heavy as he stated those words. He had realized that his words went overboard but seeing the woman in front of her and remembering that he was being treated like a prisoner, he decided not to take his words back.

"Monsters?" her eyes turned gold as she flashed in front of Xander and gripped his neck. Xander's eyes widened at the sudden assault as he could feel her hands tightening around his neck. "Then I'll act as one and keep you here forever. No matter how you plead nor try to escape, I will make sure that you won't be able to leave. And as you wish, I will treat you as a prisoner. You won't be able to step out from this room without my permission." She let go and returned to where she was originally standing.

Xander gave her a glare as he gasped for air and held his neck that got almost broken. Her strength was frightening but what can you expect from a werewolf. He had read about them from some books of myths and now he had proven that they were unpredictable and have unbelievable strength. He was really unlucky that he was able to encounter such terrifying creatures.

"You will be bound to stay here because whether you like it or not our bond is stronger and I won't let you go." After saying those words, Amber left the room but before she returned to her office, she made sure that the room was locked. Xander who was left on the other side heard the distinct click of the lock that would prevent him from leaving the room.

"Hah, what a mess." Xander breath out as he sat on the floor and covered his face with his hands in frustration. "Why is everything a mess now when all I wanted to do is go home," he mumbled to himself but no matter how he asked no one will answer.