EC 97: Sweet

Feliz left the two of them and returned to whatever she was doing before they interrupted her. Amber followed behind Xander as they entered the room that housed precious materials from the Vampire King.

They looked around in awe at what was inside the room, tall bookshelves full of books, records and stacks of documents that might contain secrets of the vampire race. Even the table that was clearly untouched for so many years remained dustless, the unorganized papers on top of it seemed like no one has ever entered the room to fix them. With the amount of books even placed on the floor, Amber was sure that the Vampire King enjoyed reading and maybe collecting books.She continued to look around while stopping the urge to pick up anything in the room.

Xander on the other hand was touching and opening books here and there to test what Feliz has said. Everything he touched inside the room has the same magic circle from the doorknob so he assumed that what she said was true.

"Why don't you chose a book and I'll open it for you?" Xander turned around to see what Amber was doing only to see her back.

Her black hair cascaded behind her and the urge to just touch it kept made Xander gulp. Then just as he was able to calm herself, Amber slightly bent down which caused her hair to fall on her side, revealing her white smooth neck that flared up his desire. He could also feel his fangs slowly coming out. He was only able to retract his fangs after Amber stood up and spoke.

"Alright," with her excellent vision, she already chose a few titles that might help her. Amber still had her back towards Xander as she was still busy looking for books that they could read.

Unable to hold back any longer, Xander suddenly hugged her from behind and rested his head on her shoulder. "Is this an effect of the bond? It felt nothing like what I felt before. I'm having a difficult time controlling myself whenever you are around."

Amber could feel Xander's hot breath on her skin and she shivered. "You're not the only one." She turned around to face the man.

Their eyes once again met as the atmosphere inside the room changed. Xander's gaze softened then it went to her nose down to her red lips and then it happened.

His lips met hers. He was glad that Amber did not reject him. Their kiss deepened and strangely enough, Xander could taste the sweetness.

It made her knees weak when their lips touched. To her, it was magical, everything was forgotten and when she was about to fall, Xander did not let her go.

Both of them didn't want that moment to end but they needed to take a breath. Both of them were breathing hard after that hot and passionate after that intimate contact but Xander was still holding her close to him.

"That was amazing," Amber broke the silence but the sweet smile on her face did not disappear.

"It is, because it is with you. This is my first time kissing a girl and I am glad that it was you," Xander gave her smile then he bent down again and gave her peck.

Amber could not help but giggle, she was acting like a young girl but she did not care because it was only Xander who can see her. As they both fell into silence, they shared another kiss.

It was close to midnight when they returned from the vampire king's personal study. Lazuli was wide eyed staring at the both of them.

"Did something happen?" She floated towards Amber and got close to her face. "Your face is red!"

Amber did not expect Lazuli to suddenly got close to her face and when she said those words, her face turned redder.

"Look sister, her face is so red! What do you think happened?" She looked behind her while pointing at Amber then her gaze went to Xander who was only smiling on the side. "Did you do something to her?" She then exclaimed followed by a frown on her face.

"Of course he did!" Before Xander could open his moth to answer, Feliz beat him to it. "Can't you see? They did something only couples would do, so don't be nosy." She was talking to Lazuli but her gaze was fixed on both Xander and Amber, she even had a smirk on her face.

"Wha-what are you talking about? Don't make any speculations!" Amber tried to deny but that only made Feliz's eyes narrowed.

"Don't be shy. It's natural for mates to do those things, and no matter how you hide it, by how you are looking right now, anyone who will see you would come up to the same conclusion as I am." Feliz shrugged her shoulders and took it as a fact, because to her it was.

Amber breath a sigh of relief after hearing Feliz, she forgot that the woman was actually older than her, way older. It was the first time that she had experienced those intimate moments, so she was really shy and even refused to leave the room, but Xander was able to convince her otherwise.

"So when are we going to see little werewolves or vampires or hybrids running around?" Feliz suddenly asked which caught the couple off guard.

Amber almost choked on her own saliva while Xander took a couple of steps back. Feliz looked at them with raised eyebrows and came to a realization.

She smacked her head and shook her head, "Oh so you didn't do that. I thought that was it."

"Fe-Felize! Of course we didn't do that! We only kissed okay!" Amber was quick to deny what the woman was thinking and accidentally revealed what they did.

"So, did you even finish reading at least a book before kissing or that's what you did in there the entire time?" Feliz looked innocent with her question while Amber just wanted to be buries alive.

"Enough Feliz, don't embarrass her any longer." Xander appeared between them. He gave the mage a look then turned around to hug Amber.

"Tsk, alright, I'll leave the two of you alone." She then pulled her sister and both of them left.

"Are you alright?" Xander asked after the sisters left.

"I'm fine, it was just a bit embarrassing because it is my first time and I guess I'm not used to it." Amber leaned on his chest and savored the coldness from his body.

"Let's both get used to it since it is also my first." He tightened his arms around her. "Let's treasure this moment okay."