EC 64: Discarding Responsibility

Ceurian pack's conference room was noisy with all the other alpha's talking at the same time. Amber on the other hand was only watching them and waiting for them to stop before she would speak. It took them almost half an hour before the room fell into silence.

"Are you all done?" Amber asked with raised brows at the alphas who finally calmed down. "I thought you're going to continue with your bickering until the end of the day."

"Stop acting all high and mighty, I already told you that this woman is not fit to lead our people into investigating this matter. Look at what had happened, we were still attacked and worse, we do not know who is behind all of this. Women can't be trusted even though they are an alpha." As usual Alpha Ruben was looking at Amber with his usual glare. This time he was more vocal in his expression of dislike towards her.

Amber did not answer and instead stared at the alpha, although they were not facing face to face, she could feel that Alpha Ruben was more determined to embarrass her. "Alpha Ruben, the special unit had been doing all they can to find whoever was behind all of this. Even the people you have sent to be a member of that unit were doing what they can to help so I hope that you won't continue to deny their efforts."

"Denying their efforts? I am not denying their efforts instead I am questioning your qualifications to be the leader of that unit. Yes, they are doing their best but you as the leader, are you doing what you were supposed to do?" he sneered and even smirked. The other alphas knew that he was provoking Alpha Amber but none of them wanted to interrupt.

"Yes, I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing even though some of you do not have time to spare in helping us with the investigation but I won't reprimand you for doing so." Her voice became cold. "I have already informed you that vampires might have a hand on these attacks and with that I have sent the special unit to investigate in this direction and I myself had done my own investigation since the other packs seemed to strangely have no information about them. My beta had compiled and arranged the information which was already sent to each of you. And if you are not satisfied with what I am doing then why not take the special unit and lead it yourself." The room fell into silence and even Alpha Ruben did not have anything to say. He could only glare in contempt and ignore her. The other alphas had nothing to say while they opened the file sent to them. "Now you are remaining silent. If you really think that I am unqualified I'm willing to relinquish my position and don't wait for me to wash my hands off with this matter. If this kind of attitude from the other alphas is what I am getting by doing what I can to help you all, then I can always back out and instead think of the safety of my pack first."

The alphas remained silent after all the words from Alpha de Lune and before any of them could talk, she did not stop and instead proceeded to their major agenda. She has no time to listen to these alphas who only know how to talk.

"If you have any additional information, just let me know. If you knew of any vampires that might be able to help then it is better to let me know before hand and I advise you not to hide any information because if I come to know that any of you had withheld precious information, then you will be facing the consequences." She looked at each of the alphas with warning.

"Are you threatening us Alpha de Lune?" Alpha Ruben was clenching his fist and if he was in front of the alpha, he would should surely marched towards her. "Don't think highly of yourself."

"You don't have to worry Alpha Ruben because I am threatening all of you," she leaned on her chair and rested her head on her palms with a relaxed smile on her face. "And I am not thinking highly of myself because I don't have a reason to do so."

"You!" In anger, Alpha Ruben ended the call and thus disappeared from the screen.

"Do you have any more questions?" she looked at them and waited for anyone to speak but none of them were on the mood to do so. Seeing that nobody wanted to speak, "Alright, you can contact me anytime." After that, one by one, the alphas disappeared from the screen while Amber was left frowning.