EC 79: Locked up

The situation unexpectedly reached Mayor Mykel and after he got the report, he secretly dispatched his people from the pack to investigate. If Amber finds out that her mate has gone missing, chaos might ensue and he did not want that to happen now that their pack was currently defending against the Blood Pack.

"Mr. Carl Villegas has also launched a search operation to find Mr. Castillo together without local police and according to my information I received, he might involve the military anytime soon since there was the matter of Mr. Castillo's stalker too. He suspects that this might have something to do with his kidnapping," one of the werewolves working for him placed the information on his table. Mykel scanned the document and he could already feel a headache coming.

Carl Villegas was no ordinary person and he might be working for Xander right now but he himself and his family has enough influence in the higher echelon of society. It was actually good that he did not involve the military the first time Xander disappeared but now that he decided to use his hand, the mayor was sure that eventually everything will become a mess.

"Let's hope that we are faster than the military in locating Xander. I'm afraid that if this continues, the hunters might appear and meddle in this matter. We don't want them coming and interfere with us because it might affect the ongoing battle..." he trailed off and closed the document he was reading. He leaned on his chair and fell into thinking.

"Isn't it favorable for us if the hunters will come and solve this problem?" the werewolf asked.

Mykel shook his head, "No, if they appear it will only escalate the situation. Those damn hunters will not appear to help us instead they will find any excuse to suppress us and if they go crazy, they might create an excuse to exterminate us. Hunters and the supernatural will never get along and most of all they can't be trusted."

The werewolf remained silent at the mayor's words. He had not encountered any hunters yet but based on the bitter tone of the mayor, what he had said will most likely to be true. "I'll talk with the others then and tell them that we need to find Mr. Castillo first."

Mykel nodded before he remembered something, "Oh, by the way, how were the werewolves guarding Xander are?"

"They are currently resting and they also expressed that they want to help us with locating Mr. Castillo," the werewolf answered. He almost forgot but thanks to the mayor's reminder.

"Alright, let them join. The more werewolves on our search team the faster we can find Xander." Mykel will do what he can to prevent any tragedy from happening because he has a feeling that Xander's kidnapping was not a simple matter.

The werewolf left the mayor's office and went to the house where the werewolves were recuperating. "The mayor had given you permission to join us. So, if you are ready, you can begin."

Edrei and the others who were with him nodded their heads. They already failed their Alpha by letting Xander be in danger so they must find him and make sure that he was safe. "We will contact you then once we have any information or clue as to who and where the enemies are."

"Okay," he handed them the information that he showed to the mayor earlier, "make sure to take note of this so that you won't get caught up with the humans since our search is independent from them and I advise you not to inform the Alpha about this."

"We understand." The werewolf left so Edrei and his comrades took the time to read what was on the document and make plans on how to locate Xander. They needed to act fast so as not to alert the human forces of their existence.

They could infer from the information that the police were already suspicious and showing interest with the bizarreness of the what had happened. If they were exposed further, it will not be good with the pack or even for the mayor.

While the Carl and Mayor Mykel were worrying about him, Xander was oblivious to what his disappearance had done as he had only woken up inside a room that was very identical to his room at their home. He shivered at the thought that his stalker might be in cahoots with the person who appeared before him before he lost consciousness. He dared not move from the bed and just waited inside the room.

The door finally opened after about an hour and a woman who was very familiar to Xander entered. She was wearing a smile like nothing was wrong until it dawned on him who the woman really was. "It was you..." Xander's eyes were opened wide and even though he could not believe it but the mere fact that the woman was there only made everything clear.

"Finally, you are looking at me," Shiey laughed in joy when she saw the look on Xander's face. "I'm sorry. It took me a while before I was able to see you again but that's alright because you are here right now, so do you like the room?"

Xander was baffled that the woman was speaking to him casually like what happened to him was okay. She even interacted with him like how she did when they were still in Ceurian. "Why are you doing this?" he asked instead and ignored her words and the food that was placed on the table.

Shiey turned around and looked at him in confusion, "What are you talking about? Isn't it obvious? It's because I'm your mate."

"What?" Xander could not believe what he was hearing. "You are not my mate..." he denied Shiey while looking at her in the eye.

Shiey gritted her teeth in order to control herself as she forced a smile, "Don't worry after that disgusting mark vanishes, I'll become your mate that way you can't ignore me anymore."

Xander's hand instinctively went to his neck where Amber's mark was as he gave the woman a glare. "I won't let you." He leapt from the bed and put distance between them. He will not give this woman a chance to do something to him.

The woman was looking at the hand that was covering Xander's mark before she chuckled and grinned. It seems that I won't be able to talk with you today so I'll be leaving first but I'll be coming back to talk with you again.

Xander slumped on the bed and felt relief once the woman left before closing his eyes. He was still in shock to see Shiey in that kind of place and the confusion in his mind was not eased. Perhaps Amber's intuition that time when he was still in Ceurian has a basis. She must have felt that Shiey was not showing her true colors during that time but to capture and stalk him up to that point was crossing over the line. She even put his sister in danger because of her obsession.

There were so many thoughts in his mind that it triggered an event that just happened recently. He stood up in shock when he realized what was amiss as he started to pace on the floor with wide eyes. As far as he can remember, Shiey was part of the Yulian pack which was wiped out by Amber's enemy and according to what he heard, all of the members were found dead but why was Shiey still alive? No matter how he thought about it, there was only one answer that comes to his mind, she must have something to do with that destruction.

His body involuntarily shivered at what he came to realize, that woman was dangerous and if he can't escape that place his life might be in danger. Xander became anxious because he did not know what other crazy things that woman can do.

"I need to get out of here," he mumbled to himself. He started to subtly look around just in case he was being monitored. He tried his best to act like he was nervous while looking inside the familiar yet unfamiliar room where he was being held.

From a room, Monolith was currently looking at the screen that was displaying the room where their captive was. "You are really crazy and bold that you blatantly copy his room." He commented at the woman's work.

"And so? I don't care as long as he is within my hands, there would be no problems. Once I remove that mark, I'll make him mine and that damn Alpha won't be able to do anything," her smile was replaced with a wide grin. The amicable persona she had while dealing with Xander just a while ago was replaced with his true crazy character.

"Be careful though, he might find a way to escape," Monolith laughed before he stepped out of the room. In reality, he did not care about the woman or about her obsession because what he was after was only Xander. "Enjoy," he closed the door behind him before he walked away. 'Because that will be the last time that you'll be seeing him.'

Shiey narrowed her eyes at the closed doors before returning her attention to the screens that were displaying Xander. She needed to get Xander away from that place because she did not trust the Monolith and she could feel that they were up to something. They could go far away from the Ceurian and Cartnan to live a peaceful life.