EC 44: A Day Out

"I'm sorry. I was a bit uncomfortable because you have visitors and I am not sure if it is okay for me to be seen by them." He awkwardly smiled towards her. The visitors were obviously werewolves but him being human, might make them uncomfortable so he decided to stay away from their sight for the time being.

Amber flinched at his statement and it made her realize that she had been a little bit inconsiderate about the matter. "You don't have to be sorry. I'm the one who should apologize for not realizing it a bit too late. Don't worry most of them already returned to their accommodations. Why don't we go and eat dinner?"

Xander breathe a sigh of relief and followed Amber to the dining area where food was already prepared for them. Just like what Amber told him, most of the guests were already gone, there were a few who remained and were having a conversation with Zael and Zayier. Following the Alpha's command, they gave them a nod while passing by which they politely returned.

"Who is that, he doesn't smell like a wolf?" one of the three men who were talking with the beta and gamma asked after the Alpha and her companion disappeared into the dining room.

Zael and Zayier looked at each other briefly before Zael contacted the Alpha through the mind link. 'Is it okay for us to tell them that Xander is your mate?'

'It's fine since they will eventually find out. Although I'm a bit reluctant to let them know because they are not one of us but we can't forever hide it from them. If I knew that this would happen, I should have declined their proposal now even Xander was feeling uncomfortable because of them. As a precaution though, I'll be asking you to assign someone to watch Xander, coordinate it with Zayier.' Amber looked at Xander in the corner of her eyes who was already seated down. It cannot be avoided since he was her mate. She'll try talking to them to keep it a secret for now but there was still no guarantee that the other Alphas will learn of it.

After consulting with her, Zael told them about Xander being the Alpha's mate as for the other details, they remained silent. He had also relayed the Alpha's order to Zayier when they were done talking with the others.

"What's the matter?" Xander asked after he noticed that Amber was not eating.

"Nothing. By the way, I asked Zayier to assign someone to be your sort of bodyguard," she remembered to inform him so that he won't be surprised when the werewolf they would send will approach him.

Xander stopped eating then he looked at the woman, "Why would I need a bodyguard?"

"Don't worry it's not to monitor you but to keep you safe. Currently Ceurian accepted some werewolves from the other packs as part of what we talked about during the conference and I don't want them bothering you for any matter. Unlike Ceurian, some other packs are not that accepting of humans, so some of them might not like you." Her explanation made sense, since it was also the reason why he was not sure if he should return to the pack house a while ago. He just got used to the other members of Ceurian and now there were additional werewolves which do not belong to Ceurian so he did not know how to act when he sees them in the future.

"Alright," he nodded. "Thank you for telling me." Since she was thinking for his good, he did not see anything wrong in accepting her good will.

Amber was glad that he did not get angry after hearing that someone would be following him. "If anything happens, just report to me or let the person report to me."

The news about the Alpha's mate spread amongst the guests which forced Amber to call them for a meeting. "I have called all of you here for one reason only, I know that the information about my mate is already known amongst you. I hope that you keep this to yourselves for as long as you can. This matter had no connection to your packs or to the investigation you are doing so please, mind what you are saying once you report to your packs. I'll say this to all of you, I'm not a forgiving person, if you ever crossed my bottom line expect that I will require a just compensation from you. Please keep that in mind."