EC 88: Fate

They watched as the vampire king's blood slowly twisted around Xander's hand and slithered through his skin and when it reached the wound on his arms, it slowly entered. The sisters retracted the body and entered a door on the side of the room. In the middle of the other room was a bed where they laid him down from that point onwards there was nothing that they could do but to wait.

Feliz and Lazuli stood there for a while before they left and closed the door behind them then they exited the castle. The doors closed once again like nothing had happened. They did not know how much time it would need for the vampire king's blood to manifest since the man was already dead.

Veron sat on the ground while waiting for the mages to come and he was not disappointed because they appeared before him voluntarily. That was the first time that he was seeing them in flesh since it was always their voices that he heard and they always appear as wisps of wind.

"We've done it and the vampire's blood had accepted him as the successor but we don't know when he will wake up. The time of transformation is not fixed and, in his case, it may take a while since the blood inside his body is not from any bloodline." Feliz explained after letting the man adjust to their appearance. When they were assigned as the guardians of that place, they were only told of the basics if the person worthy appears but most of the secrets related to the vampire king was not passed on to them because not long after they became guardians, the mages disappeared leaving them behind before they could completely pass on the knowledge.

"Then the vampire king's blood was really there?" Although he already knew about it, he was still a bit skeptical but after hearing them, it seems that it was not a mere legend.

Feliz was silent for a while as she gave the man a scrutinizing gaze, "Your kind has been guarding this place for years for hundreds of years now but you don't believe that the vampire king's legacy was in there?" The tone of her voice was like someone scolding a child who did something wrong.

The elder faked a cough to cover his embarrassment for being looked on like a child. "You cannot blame me because as the generation changes the details passed down regarding this place became vaguer to the point that it became a myth. It was just recently that this place was remembered because of the attack caused by the Blood Pack."

This time it was the two sisters who were taken aback by the elder's words. "What do you mean by the Blood Pack? Why would they attack you?" According to what she knew, Blood Pack has no enmity with Ceurian since the first Alpha was a dear friend to the Vampire King.

"You might not know it because it happened after the Vampire King's death and the first Alpha's disappearance but the Alpha who took over after that incident incited the other packs to ostracize the Blood Pack which caused the pack to also disappear and from then on no one had seen them or any vampires in the open." The elder explained which cleared the misunderstanding that the two might have.

"That is unfortunate then. Let's not think about that for now. Are you going to stay here and wait for the transformation to finish?" She asked instead because the current situation was more pressing.

Elder Veron shook his head, "I will return to the pack since there are many things that needed to be fixed after the attack but," his gaze went towards the silver wolf that suddenly went silent, "can you let her stay here?"

The sisters looked at the silver wolf before nodding, "That man, is he the Alpha's mate?"

Silver fur was a unique trait that can only be seen from the bloodline of the first Alpha of Ceurian which was inherited by their successors. They could pretty much guess that an Alpha on her wolf form without as much rationality to be seen from its eyes have gone rogue.

"Yes, that's why I was hoping for this to work out and took the risk to come here." His eyes lingered on the wolf that was behaving as if she knew what was happening, that her mate had a chance to live again.

"We will let her stay then but we can't promise you anything. After the transformation, he will not be the same as to who he is before. There might be some changes and their bond might be affected." Feliz warned because even though he has the chance to live, he would not be human anymore and he might lose all of his humanity after the transformation but all of these were not guaranteed no until they see him after he becomes a vampire.

Veron nodded, "I understand. I will take my leave then and will hope for the best result we can have in this situation."

The sisters watched as the elder shifted into his midnight black wolf and left the woods. After he left, the sisters casted a cloaking and protection spell around the Lurea Woods to prevent anyone from disturbing them. This was a crucial time and any interference might affect the successor's transformation.

The elder looked back at the forest but all he could not feel anything, the woods appeared ordinary but the eeriness still remained. It seems that the mages had casted a spell but it was not his business anymore. They needed to focus on the recuperation and rehabilitation of the pack thus he returned to pack without looking back.

He was met by Elder Leonides with a set of clothes in his hands. After the elder change to the clothes, they walked side by side to the pack house but neither of them had spoken any word. Leonides was curious as to why the elder chose to enter the forbidden forest and where was Xander and the Alpha but he held himself back because this was a matter that should be talked about with the other elders.

Once they reached the pack house, the both of them were immediately ushered to the conference room where the other elders were already waiting. The room was silent and full of tension that no one spoke even after Elder Veron had already sat down. Zael and Zayier were standing stiffly on the side while they wait for the meeting to begin but the longer the silence went on, the more that the two of them felt suffocated but they did not leave their place.

"Well, is this a staring contest or perhaps a contest to see who can remain silent the longest? Have all of you gone mute after fighting with the Alpha? How unsightly," he spat the last words as he roamed his gaze and stared daggers at them.

As if a fire was suddenly lit and there were several voices that erupted inside the room drowning the silence. Then it slowly died down when they finally realized that they were intentionally provoked by the man.

"So, are you done with your tantrums?" he smirked.

Before any of the ruffled elders were about to retort, Elder Leonides asked a question which made the stop. "Why did you choose the Lurea Woods?"

"It is safer and the Alpha can go on an all-out rampage in there without us disturbing her while we take care of the things that needed our attention." He shrugged his shoulders as he even has the courage to lean on the chair and crossed his arms on his chest while he waited for the next question.

He looked very relaxed while the other elders were in a high strung so Leonides continued to asked, "Where is the Alpha and Xander?"

"I don't know, they might be together now in that forest and no one will be able separate them again." He had already prepared these answers as he had already anticipated these questions. It was not yet time to reveal about what happened inside the forest. He will let the result of it naturally explain everything he saw inside that forbidden place.

After hearing these kinds of half-hearted answers, another round of voices speaking on top of each other ensued. Veron frowned at how the council was acting but he never spoke and let them talk until they slowly stopped.

"Can you please explain it to us Elder Veron because no matter how we think of it, we could not figure out your reason," Elder Zita interjected before any of them can speak once again. Like the others, she was also curious but they won't be able to get any answers if they continue to bicker with themselves so she asked the question.

The man looked at the only woman in the council ang gave her a small smile before answering, "I cannot tell you that but no matter what happens, we need to be prepared."