EC 48: Letting him go

The coffee had been effective in keeping the three of them awake. Dr. Silver just came out from Edrei's room when the three of them arrived. "How is he?" Alpha Amber asked once she saw the doctor.

"He is doing fine in fact he can leave the clinic this afternoon," the doctor answered.

"Thank you. We will be going in then to talk with him for a while." Amber stood up followed by the elder and the beta.

"Take your time Alpha," Dr. Silver gestured to the door then the three of them disappeared inside.

Edrei had been waiting for them since the Alpha told him that they will be coming to ask him some questions. He agreed because he wanted to help in anyway, he can to find out who was behind the sudden attack and how they were able to enter Ceurian without being detected.

"Greetings Alpha," he inclined his head towards the people who came, "Beta Zael and Elder Leonides."

"We are glad that you are doing well." The Elder was the first one to speak. He had taken a seat on one of the single couches inside the room while Zael chose to lean on the wall near the door. Amber took a chair and placed it beside the warrior's bed.

"Let's get straight to the point," the Alpha nodded for him to start narrating what had happened yesterday.

Edrei did not hold back and told them what led to that confrontation. He tried his best not missing any parts that may of help to them. After recounting the events, Amber and the elder asked some questions which he answered diligently.

After staying for a while, they bid the man goodbye then went to the pup's house. They were received well and offered snacks on the family's living room.

"Say hello to the Alpha," the mother urged her son to greet the Alpha who came to personally asked their child.

Lulu, the pup shyly nodded towards their guests then buried his head on his mother's arms once again. "I'm sorry, he's a bit shy and due to what happened yesterday he had been stuck on me." The mother gave them an embarrassed smile while gently patting the child's back.

"That's fine." Alpha Amber was looking at them with tender gaze. She then focused on the child, "Lulu, I quite like your name," she softly spoke to the child who was still hiding. The room was filled with silence and they could see the pup nodding his head. "I heard a lot of stories from the other pups and my mate, Xander, had mentioned you whenever he speaks about all the pups he was playing with."

At the mention of Xander, the pup's head rose up as he looked at the woman. "Is brother Xander okay?" he asked in concern. "I-I saw him yesterday with all that blood, is he okay now Alpha?"

Amber smiled, "Yes, he is. You don't have to worry. I'm sure that he will come visit you once he gets well."

The pup gave her a nod, this time he did not hid in his mother's arms. "Lulu, can I ask you some questions?" she then asked after seeing that the pup was not shying away from them. Lulu gave her a nod once again. "What happened yesterday? Why did you suddenly disappear?"

Lulu shook his head, "I don't know. I was playing by the river when I saw a beautiful lady. She said that she will take me to a place full of flowers and rabbits. I told her that I need to tell the aunts first so that my friends can come with me too but she said that if I don't go with her, they will be gone."

"Then you went with her?" she continued.

Lulu nodded, "We walked away from the others then...then..." he looked a little lost after those words, it was clear that after he was taken by the 'woman' he did not remember what had happened next. He then got out of it when both he and Xander fell into the water.