EC 92: Blessing and Threat

Just as the moon reached its peak, Zael was escorted to the sacred grounds of Ceurian where the silver moon flowers were in full bloom. He was made to stand in a raised platform made out of stone where he will be acknowledged as the new Alpha of Ceurian.

All the nervousness he previously had completely disappeared because of Amber's appearance so he was confident that he would not become the Alpha. He stood on the middle of the platform together with the elders who stood around him. The members of Ceurian waited in anticipation as the ritual was about to start but before the elders could commence with the coronation, Amber appeared with Zayier.

"I don't want to dampen the excitement but I still want to remain as Ceurian's Alpha," she softly spoke but it was clearly heard by everyone. All heads turned to where Zayier and Amber were standing, surprised was written on all of their faces. After the initial silence, a cheer echoed through the night because the Alpha was back.

The elders who were standing on the platform seemed to be relieved at the Alpha's appearance. Leonides even tapped Zael's back before leaning towards him. "You're lucky that the Alpha returned."

Zael gave him a smile before he left the platform followed by the elders. They walked towards the Alpha and expressed their happiness of seeing the Alpha.

"Thank you for the concern," she looked around then she started to walk in the direction of the platform. She stood and looked at her family with a genuine smile. She was really glad that they were doing fine even after that last battle. "I am happy to see that everyone of you is doing fine and that Ceurian is still standing despite the calamity that we all faced. Though we lost lives, it is our duty to continue living and enjoy this moment they gave their life to protect. I...I am also glad that I was able to return as your Alpha, if you would allow, I would like to remain the leader of this pack and continue to protect you."

At those words, the pack gave a unified response by howling into the night and just as everyone was celebrating, the silver moon flowers on the ground started to glow brighter followed by the moon's unusual silver glow that fell unto Amber. She was bath in a silver light and in a rare moment of the Moon Goddess showing her presence, their surroundings were suddenly filled with silver dust that floated from the sky. The werewolves of Ceurian were thrilled that the Moon Goddess had given them and their Alpha her blessing.

The Moon Goddess's blessing lasted for almost five minutes before the moon and the sacred flowers slowly returned to their usual glow. Once everything was back to normal, another round of cheering happened.

"It seems that this calls for a celebration! The Moon Goddess had shown her favor, let's celebrate for the rest of the night!" All of Amber's words that should have been said disappeared because she already knew that her family accepted her as the Alpha. Their howl earned the acknowledgement of the Moon Goddess which was already enough for her.

Ceurian celebrated the whole night. There were dancing and singing even drinking and more food. Amber watched as everyone was enjoying themselves. She was sitting at a corner when she felt a presence she was familiar with. "Elder Veron," she called out and the man seated beside her.

"To see you back has made my heart at ease." He started before taking a sip at the wine on his hand. "I am glad that you came back. It was a task I would not normally take but I could not let you turn into that kind of beast or else your father might come after me in the afterlife."

Amber laughed at the elder's words, "When I lost Xander, everything went black. All colors in the world slowly faded, I wanted to stay sane for the pack but the pain overwhelmed me and Eirian, then she snapped and I locked myself in that dark place. Honestly, I never thought that I could come back." She paused and took a moment to watch as the children were playing happily on the ground before she continued speaking. "You know I used to think that werewolves who lose their minds just because they lost their mates were fools. There were many things in the world that they could live for but after that terrible experience I could finally understand why they would rather let themselves turn into savage beasts and destroy everything in their way than to live. A world without the other half of yourself is just meaningless."

Elder Veron listened to these words and could feel that Amber changed. She was a child who had gone through a rough past but still managed to stand up and take the role of an Alpha. This showed how strong she was but in the face of love, she was still the same as any other werewolves. "I never met my mate thus I do not fully comprehend the bond created between mates but I have seen many who met tragic ends because of broken bonds and I don't want you to be like them. It was not a fool proof plan but if it meant hope, I was willing got through it."

Amber nodded, she already heard the story from the two mages who were with them in Lurea. Even they were not sure if it will work but the moment that Xander's heart started to beat again, her rogue self slowly calmed down until they came to their senses. They were amazed at what happened and thought that it was impossible, they had never seen a case like her's and Xander's.

"Although I am glad that you are fine, this event might spread to the other packs. We were able to stop the news of you turning into a rogue and your mate dying but no information can be hidden forever. I know that this time should be celebrated as you and your mate are fine but from this time on, the both of you needed to be careful. Rarieties like these are bound to attract some nasty people." The elder's expression became serious as his voice was filled with concern as well as warning.

Amber met his eyes then she gave him a nod. She came back to her senses from becoming a rogue and her mate was alive after being killed during the attack, these would make anyone raise an eyebrow. At first they might not believe it but as supernatural beings, they would eventually be curious about it and the most eye-catching news would be the latter. Like humans who always pursue immortality, supernatural beings pursue power and some of them have the obsession on pursuing resurrection. Any information that was related to the 'dead coming back to life' would surely attract anyone.

Contrary to popular beliefs, beings of supernatural origin were not immortal, they also die. Some of them could live up to a thousand years but that was not immortality because eventually they will die either of natural causes or being killed. Resurrection means they will have multiple lives and if they found a way to harness this power then they will practically be called 'immortal'. If they ever knew that Xander was raised from the dead because of the Vampire King's blood, then they would assume that Xander's blood would be able to bring back the dead.

"I will make enough preparation to prevent that from happening. The mages will also be there to protect Xander because they now consider him as their master and he has practically became the Vampire King because of that blood," Amber understood the elder's concern and the mages has hinted of the danger too so she was preparing for countermeasures but it would not be enough so they needed to train Xander. There was no other choice but to let him get used to his new identity and if possible get used to the abilities of a vampire which will help him survive in dark side of the world.

"You don't have to do it by yourself, we can always help anytime you want. Ceurian will surely stand beside you no matter what happens," Elder Veron flashed a rare smile then he patted the Alpha's shoulder. "For now we can forget about it. It was a bit rude for me to bring that topic up so now that we are done, we can enjoy the night!" He raised his glass and offered her a toast which she gladly accepted.

The night continued without any interruptions but before the sun could fully rise, Amber bid them goodbye because she was returning to Lurea but she assured them that she will still perform her duties as an Alpha. She also told them that she would return the next day and that she will not be staying at the pack house for a while because she needed to look after Xander.

The crowd understood and gave her the permission. It really did not matter for them as long as their Alpha was alive, everything was fine. With that, Amber left with a light heart, now she needed to prepare for the other things that she should do but for now, she needed to check up on Xander.