EC 16: Cheeky Children

Mykel suddenly felt chills run down his spine at the low-pitched voice of the Alpha, as if she was threatening him then he realized what he had said, "No! You have misunderstood, the child I was talking about is his sister." He immediately corrected his statement.

Amber's aura receded after hearing his statement, "You're lucky. If you had not clarified your statement then, my wolf would have gone there and ripped you to shreds."

He shivered as a flash of bloody images passed through his mind but after he had recovered, he fixed himself and once again tried to reason out with Amber. "Alpha, please think about it. You cannot take him away from his family since he is not originally a part of our world."

This time it was Amber's turn to fell silent. Mykel had a point, Xander was human thus he had someone in the human world. She could make a compromise after she tells him the real situation he was in, but not now. "I know but I can't let him go for now. I just found him and my wolf can't bear to be apart from him. Tell them to wait because what I need right now is time."

"You don't have much time though, Alpha. You cannot keep him in the dark this long because sooner or later he will know of it, especially because he is within your territory." Mykel's voice became serious and even his expression became stern. Amber did not answer. "I'll help you, but I hope that you can tell him as soon as possible. It is not easy to stop a family from knowing what they wanted to know, especially that one of the engineer's friends has a powerful background."

The call ended with Amber full of thoughts she should think of and Mykel thinking of a way to pacify the family and Mr. Alvarez. Both sides were put in an unprecedented dilemma.

The days passed by slowly as Xander remained at Ceurian to recuperate and finally the time that he can freely roamed around came. As per Amber's promise, he was allowed to roam around the house and go outside with the condition that he won't overdo it and disrupt his recovery.

He struggled for a while to put on some casual clothes composed of a simple gray pull over and gray sweatpants that they had given him before he sighed and fixed his hair in front of the mirror. After making sure that he did not look weird and after some hesitation, finally he opened the door and looked at both sides to check if there were other people but he saw that the hallway was empty. He walked down the stairs and saw that there were no people in the first floor, the surrounding was quiet. Xander took a couple of deep breathes before he finally opened the main door and step outside.

The sunlight was strong that he needed to cover his eyes for a while and let them adjust to the view outside. He was right, seeing it from the window was different from personally experiencing it. The front yard was very wide and he could see a rocky road to the left of the house. Aside from that, the rest of the house was surrounded with grass and tall trees.

"Hello!" a cheery voice greeted him. He turned around and saw a girl with a basket full of flowers standing there looking at him with a smile.

"Hi!" he returned the greeting as cheery as he could. The child then approached him and gave him a bouquet of wild flowers she picked up from the grasslands.

He accepted the flowers with a smile on his face, "Thank you. Where did you get these flowers?"

"I found them beside the lake," she answered while pointing at the direction of the lake.

Xander looked at the direction where her finger was pointing and got curious, "Can you show me the way?"

The girl did not hesitate and nodded in excitement, "Let's go! I have a lot of friends playing there!" She smiled as she held his hand and pulled him towards the lake.