EC 63: Destruction

Amber did return to Ceurian after their hasty departure from Cartnan. Her group instead went to Yulian to see with their own eyes what had happened. Amber was not even able to bid Xander a proper goodbye because of what the news.

Along the way, she got a brief report from Zael through the phone of what had happened. While listening to it, the frown on her face deepened as she gritted her teeth. The tapping of her fingers on the window sill echoed inside the silent car. She could not believe that Yulian would be destroyed that easily.

The moment they stepped down from the car, they could already see the destruction in front of their eyes. No infrastructure was left standing and there was even smoke rising to the sky. They walked deeper into the place where there were supposedly children and adults bustling about but all they could see were destroyed homes.

The deeper they walked, they then found bodies lined up on the plaza and the warriors from Ceurian who were currently covering the bodies with white cloth. They stopped and gave respect to Amber and the elder when they noticed their presence. Amber waved her hands so the warriors continued with their work.

Zayier came to meet them with a somber look on his face. "You should have rested first before you came here."

"How can I rest if something like this happened?" she was not in a good mood and when she saw the aftermath of the brutal attack. Even the elder and the warriors who were with her were gritting their teeth and clenching their fists in anger.

"I apologize." He saw that the alpha was not in the mood and he could feel the vibrating anger from the pressure coming from her. "The attack happened yesterday night. The moment we received the distress call from one of our warriors stationed here, we did not waste time and came here but what we saw was Yulian in this kind of state. We tried to scout around the territory and look for any survivors but we found none thus we decided to gather all the bodies and placed them all here in the plaza. Even the warriors we sent here to help them with security are all dead."

Amber clenched her fists and closed her eyes. She took several deep breaths in order to calm the anger that was surging inside of her. The moment she opened her eyes they were golden in color as she started to give orders. Zayier led her to where Alpha Gidou's body was together with his family. Amber saw how brutal the way they died. She could also see how the alpha fought fiercely until his last breath.

She kneeled down and placed her hand on the alpha's chest, "You fought well alpha and I promise that I will do everything in my power to bring justice to you and to your pack."

Once all the bodies were on the plaza, she asked everyone to close their eyes and speak to the moon goddess to guide the souls of all the werewolves who died in that place. The whole place was surrounded with silence. The gentle breeze of the wind carried their whispers towards the sky to where the moon goddess was watching them.

After that short silence, Amber opened her eyes and with a wave of her hands the bodies on the ground caught fire until there was nothing left, not even a speck of ash. The moon goddess had taken her children with her. What was only left of the pack was its empty territory and destroyed buildings.

They were a pack who had suffered an attack and did all of they can to stand up once again. Alpha Gidou was a reasonable and rational alpha who always thought of how his pack would continue to thrive despite them being only mediocre compared to the other packs. He was even willing to ask Ceurian for help and refuge. When they thought that everything was going good, a fierce attack had brought them down to their knees once again and now they won't be able to recover once again.

"Instruct Zael to inform the other packs of what had happened here and warn them that surprise attacks like this might happen to them. Tell them to prepare for the worst-case scenario. Make one last round around the territory and leave some of warriors to keep watch for the night before you return. If no suspicious people nor creatures comes here during the night, recall the warriors and let them return to Ceurian." After the order, Amber left together with the elder and their entourage.