EC 55: A deal

Alpha Gidou came to Ceurian after only two days and they were sitting inside the Alpha's office while drinking coffee. "Thank you for your help, Alpha Amber. We really appreciate it."

"There's no need to be so polite between us." Amber shook her head as she could not really accept the other Alpha's sincere gratitude since she had been doing this for so many years now and there were benefits for her pack as well. Alliance and trust were very important for a pack.

"To show my appreciation, I would like to give you an information. I heard that you are looking for a way to contact the Blood Pack and I happen to know how." Alpha Gidou smiled at Amber's reaction. "Yulian happens to have a connection with the Blood Pack although it had been a long time but we still have a way to contact them."

"I did not expect that." Amber was actually startled but she regained her composure afterwards. They were only able to gather a handful of information about the pack but found no way to contact them or to know where they were located.

"We were never vocal about it because of Blood Pack's history that is why I would like to ask you Alpha to not tell anyone that I have told you this information." Alpha Gidou became serious at that moment. The Blood Pack was notorious because of its vampiric background thus any pack associated with it was ostracized and looked down. He did not want that to happen to his pack. "I don't want my pack to be associated with vampires."

"I give you, my word." She could somewhat understand so she readily agreed to the request. "The source of this information will only be between us."

"Thank you. But I need to remind you Alpha Amber, that it is not up to me if they will want to meet you or not. All I can do is to help you contact them and the rest will be up to you." The reminder was received and without further discussion Alpha Gidou contacted the Blood Pack. Amber on the other hand sat quietly while waiting for the answer.

"It's been a long time since you last contacted. I thought you already forgot about us." A deep baritone voiced answered the call from the other line. There was a coldness in his voice that made Amber a little bit uncomfortable but she remained still.

"Yes, because I need to ask you for a favor." Alpha Gidou calmly answered and hinted nothing of the situation. He did not want to alert the other of Alpha Amber's presence immediately.

"Ah, a favor. I like that and at the same time hate that word because it gives me both the pleasure and the chills. If you want a favor, just like before you should give me something of the same value." The man on the other side had a wide grin on his face while leaning on his chair. Alpha Gidou suddenly called without notice so he already knew that something was up with that guy.

"I only need a location, Blood Pack's location." The alpha did not beat around the bush and told the man his request. It was risky but still worth the shot.

Amber and Gidou heard a loud laugh as an answer to the latter's request. It continued for a minute before it abruptly stopped followed by a cold voice that lost all of its teasing tone. "That's too bold of you, you dare ask me of my pack's location. You know that Blood Pack's location cannot be disclosed or I will die. Nothing in your possession could ever amount to the information you want, unless the person beside you has something that I would be interested in." Gidou frowned then gritted his teeth at the man's words. It seems that there was no use in hiding the fact that he was with the Alpha of Ceurian.

"Did you already know?" he sighed. Gidou knew that the man was meticulous at everything he was doing but he did not know that he was this thorough.

"Even though my pack is not in the light and is currently unknown to your world, we do have plenty of information sources and big moves as rogue attacks or the Alphas of packs meeting with each other or even the discovery of vampires, we will not be out of the loop. For a pack such as ours who constantly hides, information is the most powerful defense we have." Amber raised a brow at how the man was confident and comfortable to talk about these things to an outsider. "Besides even if I tell you all of these, it will not have an effect to our pack."