EC 60: Formal Meeting?

The atmosphere inside the private room of the restaurant could not be described as either good or bad but one thing was for sure, there were different emotions inside that room right now but the dominating one was of that curiosity. Both the eyes of a grown-up man and a child were looking at Amber without restraint.

"You are my brother's lover!" Xander could not forget his sister's exclamation when she saw Amber who came with him to get her from the school. It took Xander by surprise that he immediately covered her sister's mouth and mouthed the word 'sorry' to Amber who was only smiling on the side. It further surprised him when Amber crouched down to Xerra's level and patted her head.

"Yes, I am. It's nice to see you again." She answered without any reservation. "I'm glad that you still remember me."

Xerra pried her brother's hand and approached Amber without hesitation, "That's because you were pretty and you were taking care of my brother!" She even took the initiative to hold Amber's hand while she was smiling at her.

Xander could not forget that interaction while looking at the people who were with him for a dinner. Carl was looking at Amber with bright and somewhat shining eyes which he could not understand. Xerra was also mimicking Carl's look that Xander could not bear to look at them anymore.

"Will you please stop looking at her like that? Are you not embarrassed of what you are doing?" he had closed his eyes to avoid looking at how childish they were acting. He was only holding back from pulling them out of the room to talk to them outside.

"Why? I'm just curious so there is nothing wrong with how I am looking at her," Carl leaned on his seat with his arms crossed on his chest. He raised an eyebrow at him then gave him a smirk. "I thought she was only joking when she said that she was your lover when we first met but it turns out that she was not wrong. I did not think that when you were out there you would find yourself a pretty girlfriend."

Xander sighed, "Please stop it and besides she's not my lover, yet." He shook his head and looked at them in earnest. He did not want to create a misunderstanding between them since Amber was yet to become his lover. He had not even courted her or professed his love for her and even though they were mates, he wanted to take it slow since he was new to this kind of relationship and the person, he likes was not an ordinary one.

"Not yet but sooner or later you'll eventually fall for me," Amber softly laughed then gave her man a wink. Xander averted his gaze as he could feel his face heating up. Amber was not this provocative before and he did not know why she became like this all of a sudden. Was it because of what had happened earlier that day? He did not know and he did not have the courage to ask.

A whistle sounded inside the room after those words were spoken. Xander looked at his friend with a glare but Carl pretended not to see it. A knock broke the awkward silence between them. Xander was finally able to breath easily because of the welcome distraction.

The host of the dinner was thankful that the topic of him and Amber were not raised during the dinner. They only talked about anything that came to mind and some questions that were asked by Carl. He would scowl from time to time when Carl's question would go overboard while Amber would only smile and would not give him any answer. Apart from that all of them enjoyed the dinner.

After they left the restaurant, Carl took it upon himself to volunteer and send Xerra home. Amber even laughed when he heard what Carl was saying while they were walking away. He was mumbling about leaving them alone to cultivate their relationship.

"Why are you laughing?" Xander had a scowl on his face while looking at the woman who seemed to be having a good time by herself.

She looked up at the man and laughed once again while shaking her head, "You have a funny and loyal friend. I like him." Her grin widened but Xander remained confused.