EC 89: Tentative

Life inside the pack continued as the elders together with the pack Beta and Gamma assumed the role of being the leader of the pack while waiting for the result of Elder Veron's decision. They slowly rebuilt any infrastructure that was destroyed and provided their members with a means to get by from day to day. They also rehabilitated the farm lands that was flattened during the conflict and started to farm again.

Little by little Ceurian has returned to how it was before the attack well except for the fact that their Alpha has not returned yet but even so they were adapting and were patiently waiting for her return. The remnants of the enemy were destroyed through fire and the captured witches were interrogated for information but they still refused to talk or at least give them a hint. After three days of being captives, the witches suddenly died on an unknown cause which baffled the elders but this has solidified their guess that another party was involved in all of these.

After the witches died, even the members of the Blood Pack that were captured slowly turned to dust and disappeared overnight. They could only sigh in disappointment and decided to shelve the information for now as they need to focus on Ceurian and to defend their territory from any other packs who had the desire to topple them.

It was no wonder that other packs were eyeing them but because their pack was built on a solid foundation and had a united disposition, no other pack was able to defeat them but that was not the case at the moment, Ceurian was vulnerable like the other packs after the consecutive harassment that the Blood Pack had done and even more so when they were attack with full force.

The news of them losing Alpha de Lune spread like wildfire but the other packs adopted an observe first attitude to gauge the pack's movement. The higher ups of Ceurian did not know if this was one of the enemy's ploys when they realized that their first attempt to bring down the pack did not succeed but they assured their members that everything was fine as they also made sure that the other packs saw that they were still strong despite their Alpha's absence.

But not all packs took a step back and insisted on taking on Ceurian but they still failed in the end because the pack's forces were not trained to be defeated, they were created to win. "Are they that desperate to seek death?" One of the warriors who saw the forces of the enemy asked out loud as he wondered why there were people who actively seeks destruction on their own. They have proven their strength already through countless battles and against the Blood Pack but there were still the others who wanted to experience what their capabilities were like and still sent troops so foolishly.

"Enough talk, if they want to die then let them be as long as we are able to protect our territory then nothing else matters," one of the captains looked at them with cold face. He placed his fist on his chest then let out a vicious growl followed by the other warriors as they shifted into their wolf forms to fight.

It was another day of a fight to conquer Ceurian but as usual no one succeeded thus the peaceful days of Ceurian began as they waited for their Alpha's triumphant return and for their Alpha's mate to come back.

"It's been a month but they have not returned yet," Zael who was staring blankly at the documents in front of him let out a sigh before shaking his head. He picked up the pen once again and continued to read and sign documents that were supposed to be read by the Alpha but since she was not there, the work was naturally passed to him. How he wished that the Alpha would return already.

A child with her chin resting on her palm watched as the trees and flowers swayed with the wind. It became her habit to watch the scenery in silence after her brother had not returned. She insisted on always looking outside just in case she might miss her brother's return.

After the kidnapping, Carl used all of the resources at his disposal to find Xander only to come out empty handed and hopeless. They never found the mastermind and never found where he was taken. He even went out of his way to ask Mayor Mykel in person to ask for his help but like him they could not find Xander.

Day after day that he remained missing lowered the possibility of him being alive. He even tried to contact Amber but to his surprise the woman never answered any of his calls and even the mayor was not clear as to what had happened to her. It was a fruitless endeavor and now a month already passed with no news of his whereabouts and because of this, the company had suffered some losses because several projects were put on hold or were cancelled due to the head engineer's disappearance.

The board members were becoming more and more restless a but they were still suppressed by Carl's parents as they were the second largest shareholder in the company so they can't really go against them but if a person appears to have a bigger share, then there was a possibility to take over the company. Carl did not mind that much because unless all of the board members were to sell their shares, they won't be able to access the company, it was only their wishful thinking.

For Mykel who had been acting as a bystander, he did not know how to tell Xander's family of what happened without him revealing that they were not human. He had attempted but, in the end, he kept it to himself and watch as Xander's friend left the office with a dejected expression on his face. He was smiling at him but the mayor knew that they were far from being happy.

He himself was not also clear as to what happened during the fight against the Blood Pack not until he received a report detailing what happened. From there, he felt even more complicated because of the situation of the Alpha and her mate. It was truly pitiful but all they could do was wait.

He picked up his phone and dialed a number. At the second ring, the other answered the call and both of them greeted each other before Mykel asked the man on the status of the pack. "How is Ceurian?"

"It is doing fine. We were able to rebuilt everything so there are no pressing issues regarding our resources. There are occasional fights against other packs but aside from that all is normal." Zael answered after answering the mayor's call. He stopped what he was doing to stand up and walk towards the window of his office then he sat on the chair below it.

Mykel hesitated because he was not sure on how he should ask the other about the Alpha because he knew that it was a sensitive topic to the people who were with her most of the time. "The Alpha, are there any news?"

There was a moment of silence before he answered, "Not yet and honestly I am losing hope now."

"I see but even so we still need to be patient and as long as everything is fine there, then there should be lesser problems." There was nothing he could say because he knew that a month was already enough time for their Alpha to come back. Either the transformation was still ongoing or failed, both results were not favorable for them. "Inform me immediately if there's a progress on the Alpha's return." The call ended but the words exchanged remained on both of their minds.

"Hello elder," Leonides greeted the man who was busy with his mini garden. After he took it upon himself to decide to take both the Alpha and her mate inside the forbidden forest, he decided to return to his own peaceful home. Leonides originally wanted him to return but the other elders won't easily agree, so after giving them a helping hand he returned to his home.

The elder only grunted as he continued to dug holes to lant the seedlings of cabbage he grew himself. Leonides did not speak and only watched the elder's actions before the man got annoyed and let him inside his abode.

"So, what do you want? Are you here to blame me again?" he asked with a glare while he leaned on the wall near the window of his sala.

"Of course, not elder, I am here on my own to genuinely ask if you are in good health," Leonides answered which visibly softened the mans' expression.

"As you can see, I am still alive and standing." The elder raised an eyebrow and did not speak because he was waiting for the other to ask.

"Are they still alive?"