EC 31: Visitors are here

Amber and Zael were currently waiting for Alpha Gidou and his pack members on the day of their arrival. Everything was already prepared for them. Five vans stopped in front of Amber and Zael after a while. Alpha Gidou came out from the first van and greeted Alpha Amber. After the greetings, Amber led them to the two-story house they prepared for the children. Each room had two double decks for the children on the second floor and first floor. There was also a kitchen, a dining room and a living room all located in the first floor that they can use. She toured them around and the children were already choosing their rooms even the teenagers were forming groups and discussing where they should sleep.

"Thank you so much Alpha de Lune," he once again thanked Amber while they were resting in the living room.

"We will take care of them until you come and take them back." Amber gave him a nod of assurance.

Once the children were settled, Alpha Gidou and the people with him left. Amber also got to know the children and the five adults who came with them. "Food supply will be provided, so all you need to do is to cook and prepare the ingredients that we will be providing. I'm sure that your Alpha explained to you that you should help around the pack while you are staying here."

Zael stepped forward and handed them a piece of paper. "Those are the list of places where you can help, especially during the weekends. I would appreciate it if you can give me a list of the people who are able to help."

"Then what are we going to do during the weekdays Alpha?" one of the women asked. They were a little bit nervous while facing the Alpha and could not look at her.

"Since the children were not officially enrolled in our community school, I will be sending some teachers here to let them work on modules or activities so that they won't miss anything. Education is important to us, especially that there is a chance that we need to go out and interact with other people. Same with the teens and if they don't have class, they can help around here just as Zael said." She answered casually since it was not a problem for them. They have many people who can come to teach the children.

The women breathe a sigh of relief after they heard the alpha's answer. They thought that they would do nothing while staying in Ceurian and that would only make them uncomfortable.

"Thank you alpha," they thanked her in unison. Amber was a little bit unnerved at the synchronization but she just waved her hand.

She left the other details to the person who was left in-charge of overseeing them. She could already see a man standing on the patio while looking at them. Her serious face turned bright at the sight of her mate.

"What are you doing here?" she asked after she reached the place where he was standing. He was wearing a black turtleneck paired with a straight cut black pants which made his looks pop out.

"Oh, breathing fresh air. Are those your visitors from the other pack that I have been hearing for the past few days?" he asked while his eyes were trained on the direction where they came from.

"Yes, most of them are children and teenagers. Why are you asking?" she was became curious as to the reason why Xander was showing too much interest on the visitors.

He shook his head, "I guess I am just missing my sister because of them." A look of nostalgia appeared on his face like he was not there right now and was in another place.

She felt a pang when she saw him like that but he needed to stay in Ceurian for now. Call her greedy but she wanted to make use of this opportunity to be with her mate. She can probably let him go once they form a stronger bond.

"I'm sorry if you can't see her for now but I promise that you will be able to see her in the future." Amber gave him a smile because this was the only thing, she could do for him for now.

Although he was feeling melancholic, Amber's smile oddly comforted him. "I understand and thank you."

The next day, Xander could hear the loud laughter of children on the grounds in front of the house. He looked outside the window and saw that there were children running around. After changing his clothes, he left and decided to play with the children since he had nothing to do and there was no call from Carl regarding the project. He might as well enjoy himself while he had time.

Once the children saw Xander, they ran towards him with excitement mixed with a look of curiosity. "Is it true, that you are our Alpha's mate?" one child asked with her eyes sparkling.

Xander looked at hem awkwardly and was not sure if he should answer them. The child who asked was bouncing on her feet while waiting for him to answer even the other children had echoed the question.

With no other way around it, he relented and answered them with a smile, "Yes, I am her mate."

Squeals filled the ground after the children heard his answer. Some of them were even running around in joy after hearing him confirm it. Eva, the child, whom he had meet the first time he set foot outside was looking at him with a wide smile so were the children that seemed to be her age.

"Then do you already know that we are werewolves?" she asked after a while of staring. They had already guessed that if Xander had known that he was their Alpha's mate then it was only true for him to know that they were werewolves.

Xander nodded, "The Alpha already told me everything." There was no reason for him to play dumb so he might just as well tell them the truth.

"Then that's good. Are you going to play with us again?" she asked again while turning back to look at the other children younger than her running around.

"Yes, since I have nothing to do." He walked towards the direction of the lake, Eva and the others started to follow him. When the other children saw this, they also followed in excitement.

They reached the usual place and saw the aunties were already there. It seems that they just finished setting up the picnic cloth on the grass. The aunties looked up and saw them coming, they could not help but smile once they saw the Alpha's mate once again. It was quite a sight to see him being followed by the children obediently and was also a surprise to see them not causing a ruckus.

"Hello," he greeted them politely followed by the loud greeting of the children. Xander was a little bit taken aback and looked confused while looking at the children who were grinning his way.

"It seems that they had taken a liking to you," one of the aunties got near the children and gently patted them on the head. "They really like you."

"Yes, because you smell like flowers!" one of the children suddenly shouted then they saw the other children nodding as well.

"Flowers? But we don't smell anything…" the auntie looked at Xander then at the children once again.

"But it's true! Tell them Eva!" the child who said it turned his gaze to the child who had black hair. Amongst them she was the most mature one and the aunties believe whatever she says.

"Mmm," Eva nodded, "The Alpha's mate indeed smells like flowers."

With the confirmation, the aunties did not contradict them anymore. She then looked up at the man, "If you say so. It seems that you are giving of a scent that only the children can smell."

Althrough the conversation, Xander was standing there with an awkward smile on his face. He did not know what to say so he opted to remain silent and wait for them to finish. Noticing the gaze on him, he just laughed it off before answering. "Then I am glad that the children like me." His gaze then looked at the children who seemed not that happy even after Eva had agreed with them. "You are right, I smell like flowers, that's what the Alpha said."

Another round of squealing happened accompanied by the children suddenly jumping around. "See! See! We are right, he smells like flowers."

"But this will be our secret, alright?" he placed a finger on his lips, "shhhhh" then he gave them a wink. The children nodded and copied his actions before they run off to different directions.

"You are really good with children," another auntie nodded at him. They noticed it the first time they met him that he was good at handling kids.

"It must be because I have a little sister," he answered before taking a seat on the spot they left for him on the picnic mat.

"And you have a good temper," they added which made him embarrassed. He could only smile at them since even if he disagreed with them, he was sure that they would only tell him that he was wrong.