EC 83: Rescued

'Don't falter! Move forward!' Amber commanded through the mind link followed by a powerful howl that pushed forward the warriors of Ceurian. With the added morale, they continued to push through like mad men without even caring for their bloody selves.

The Blood Pack Alpha frowned at this, 'Stay here and at my command do what we have planned,' he reminded the other man through their own mind link before he stepped forward and shifting into his black furred wolf.

'Alpha!' Zayier shouted through the mind link, 'one of them is moving, I think he is the Alpha, he's currently moving toward you.'

Amber braced herself and saw a black wolf coming her way but before the wolf's claws could reach her, she dodged to left and lunged after regaining her balance. The black wolf was also able to dodge and the both of them started to circle while growling at each other. Both were measuring the strength of their opponent before they started to lunge at each other again.

One silver and one black, both were not backing down as claws and fangs attacked. Eirian's fur started to be stained with blood but the other was not looking good either. Both of them were equally wounded but they still continued to attack each other until Eirian slowly got the upper hand as she was able to bite the other's neck and pin him down. She was about to break the wolf's neck but he suddenly howled when another wolf tackled her down.

Eirian was pushed to the ground and she stood up to growl at the wolf who came to intervene but before she could launch an attack, a man's voice echoed in the field. "You should think about it first Alpha before you make a move or your dear mate dies," the voice was full of mirth and he was even grinning while looking at her.

The silver wolf stopped on her tracks when she smelled the familiar scent and saw a familiar build within her line of vision. There was no mistaking it, it was Xander and he was not looking good by the blood stains on his body. Eirian growled threateningly but the Monolith remained calm about it then the wolf that tackled her pressed a paw on Xander's body with its claws out.

Eirian let out a growl once again but the wolf did not remove its claws while the Monolith was still grinning. The black wolf slowly got up and growl at Eirian. "If you want your mate alive, why don't you exchange your life for him and for the record you still owe me some payment that's why I'm here to collect it." Amber now remembered where she have heard that voice and even Eirian became even more angry because this was the man who played them.

'Eirian...' Amber called out from their consciousness. They can't make any hasty decision and most of all they can't let the enemy win. 'Let me take over.'

'No! I will rip that man apart!' Eirian growled and was ready to pounce at any opportunity she can.

'You can't, if you do that Xander will be in more danger!' Amber was becoming impatient and she did not like how her wolf was acting.

'Alpha! Are you alright?' they heard Zayier ask through the mind link. 'Zael and I are ready to assist you anytime.'

'Once I shift to my human form, take care of those two wolves and I will take care of that Monolith.' She instructed to which her beta and gamma acquiesced. Though they have doubts, she was still an Alpha even in her human form.

"What do you say Alpha de Lune, your life in exchange for his," the Monolith was still confident while he was speaking because he was sure that the woman will eventually give in. It was the perfect plan and once the Alpha dies, Ceurian will certain to fall.

The silver wolf shifted to its human form in front of them and she earned a whistle from the Monolith but Amber was not perturbed by it. "Release him," her voice was cold and the pressure she was exuding was enough to suffocate any wolf in the vicinity but Monolith was not affected by it.

A caramel-colored wolf came to them with a coat on its mouth. Amber took the cloth and covered her body, the moment that she was done tying the belt, another wolf appeared from the side and lunged at the wolf above Xander which caused the both of them to roll away from the man. The wolf that gave her clothes did not hesitate to lunge at the black wolf while Amber on the other hand attack the Monolith with her claws.

She partially transformed her hands into wolf claws and swiped at the man. The Monolith's reaction was not slow as he bent backward to avoid the woman's attack. He was a bit caught off guard but this was not beyond his calculation. He lightly jumped backward to avoid the incoming attacks from the Alpha of Ceurian and was only dodging before he suddenly stepped forward at a speed that was slightly faster than Amber's with a dagger on his hand that was aimed at her.

Amber managed to dodge the surprise attack by stepping to the side but the dagger still followed her and the barrage of attacks, she could only dodge all of them but the Monolith became faster the more he attacked. While he was shifting to another position to attack, Amber took the chance to swipe again so the Monolith also took the chance to stab her. Both were pushed back by the attacks and both were wounded the only difference was that Amber's wound was not healing.

She looked at the man with a glare, "Wolf's bane," she spat.

"Yes, I'm glad that you recognized it." Monolith only laughed and twirled the dagger on his hand. "Although I cannot transform like you guys, I'm faster than any of you." He disappeared from where he was standing and once again attacked Amber this time, he was much faster and every lunge of the dagger was lethal. She was able to dodge but the man was not letting her go. "How about it Alpha?" the man suddenly appeared behind her with the dagger aiming at her head.

Amber's quick reflex and instincts enabled her to react as she crouched down to avoid the attack then she did some back flips to get away from the man. "You are faster but my eyes are sharp and my body is agile." With a burst of her strength, she concentrated on her leg, she managed to close the distance between them and was able to land a hit on Monolith. "Now that I think about it, you are the Alpha of Blood Pack and not that black wolf, although he exudes the aura of an Alpha, he's nothing like you."

The Monolith laughed as he stood up and spat the blood on his mouth. "A very good observation."

Based on what Amber had heard and saw so far, she could tell that the man was a hybrid but his characteristics were more of a vampire than a werewolf because according to him he cannot shift. If that's the case then there is only one way to defeat the man, that is to rip his heart out. In that moment, she shifted to her Lycan form and attacked the enemy.

In that form both Amber and Eirian were more powerful and faster than any werewolf nor vampire. She did not give the man a chance to retaliate as she continued to use her claws to make the man bleed then at the critical moment, her claws penetrated the man's chest. The Monolith looked at her with his eyes wide open but the Alpha had no reaction at all before she ripped out his heart and crushed it with her own hands.

She did not stay and instead got to Xander's side in record time by this time, he was already conscious and Zael was tending to him. "Xander!" She crouched beside the man while Zael was bandaging him up. Amber clenched her fists when she saw the wounds on his body.

"You don't have to worry at least I am still alive," he chuckled but it turned into a cough as he wheezed a couple of times before stopping.

"We will bring you to the pack house and let Dr. Silver look at you. You'll be fine," she called one of the warriors then they carefully placed him on his back and instructed him to take Xander straight to Dr. Silver. After she made sure that the warrior and Xander were safe, she faced the remaining enemies and with the burning anger inside her, she did not hesitate to kill any enemy that would come her way.

The warriors who saw their Alpha were invigorated as they howled in unison before attacking the enemies with their full force. The fight continued even though the Alpha of Blood Pack had already fell down, they were determined even though they already lost their leader. The enemies instead of backing out became like madmen as they also pushed forward without regard to their own life. They were like in a suicide mission but Amber and Ceurian were not intimidated.