EC29: The chef created a chance

It was silent and only the screeching sound of the chair being pulled out could be heard. Once Amber was seated, she addressed the matter without any greetings, "My Beta had already briefed you of the situation. The only thing we need to do now is to decide if we are going to accept them or not."

"Will Yulian have the chance to get back up once again?" an elder with white hair asked. "I am willing to let them stay here in the premise but once Yulian recovers, they will return to their pack."

Amber could see the other elders nodding in agreement. "Yes, Alpha Gidou had made a promise that they will take them back once Yulian has stabilized and I have drafted a contract that would ensure that they would keep their promise. You don't need to worry, Elder Zita."

The elder narrowed her eyes as she looked at the Alpha before moving her gaze away. 'She was good,' she thought to herself.

Another elder scoffed and glared at the Alpha, he even crossed his arms in front of him. "You need to make sure that they will not cause problems for our pack once they arrive. We don't need them causing more problems for us since we already had plenty of that." His gaze was directed at the Alpha while he was saying those words.

"Surely you jest Elder Romiel, of course I will make sure that they would help around in the pack and Alpha Gidou had agreed with it since he was not asking us to let his pack members stay for free." This answer had made them shut up once again. "Our pack had grown powerful and influential and our legacy had been rooted by helping those who needed help in the best way that we can. And I know that there is a limit to that, that is the reason why I traveled to Yulian yesterday and saw with my own eyes their situation and I would like for our elders to have the same kind of thinking as the elders of the Ceurian in the past." She had been smiling the whole time that she was speaking. This smile had given the elders the chills which made some of them flinch.

"The Alpha is right. In this time of crisis, we should be helping each other. The contract had been drafted and I am sure that Alpha Gidou will sign it since he already agreed with the Alpha's condition thus there is no reason for us to turn away our backs from them." Elder Leonides finally spoke after those elders had voiced out their opinions.

Amber looked at the elder's direction and gave him a nod. "Does any of you have any other opinions?" she asked to make sure that the rest of the elders were given the chance to speak but after ten minutes of silence had passed nobody dared to express their thoughts. She waited and it seems that no one had any more to say, "Since none of you had no more words to say, let's proceed to vote because even though I am the Alpha, I still want your approval."

These words had deep meaning and the elders knew what she meant by it. Even though they were the elders, she was still the Alpha and no one among them would be able to stop her once she made a decision. This meeting was only to give them face because of the position they were holding.

After the meeting, the majority of the elders agreed to help the Yulian pack. Zael did not waste time and sent the news to Alpha Gidou. The Alpha immediately replied and asked if his pack members would be able to move after five days. Amber agreed because they also needed time to prepare the place where their visitors will be staying.

For the following days, Ceurian became busy which did not escape Xander's notice. "What's happening?" he asked the chef one morning while he was eating in the kitchen. He had not seen Amber ever since she came to bid him goodbye. He only heard from the chef that the Alpha had returned but was busy with things.

"Visitors from the Yulian pack will be coming to stay with us for a while," the chef answered while he was checking the beef he was boiling.

"Yulian pack?" he asked in confusion. The chef turned around and saw that the man had his brows furrowed.

"Ah, well you see…" the chef did not mean to say those words and now he did not know how to explain what he had said.

"You can tell me, I already know that you are werewolves, Amber already told me and she even changed into her werewolf just to convince me." He casually answered when he saw the chef's nervous face and unfocused eyes.

"What? The Alpha turned into her werewolf form in front of you?" he asked with wide gleaming eyes and the first question was left unanswered. This was news and he was sure that if the others knew about this, they would be excited too.

Xander was taken aback by the over-the-top reaction but he still answered, "Well yes, is there something wrong with it?" he suddenly became nervous because of the reaction.

The chef vigorously shook his head, "No, no of course there is nothing wrong with that since you are her mate so that is only natural." A wide grin suddenly appeared on his face which creeped Xander. He could feel himself sensing danger the moment those sparkling eyes looked at him.

He ignored the feeling and instead asked the chef once again, "What do you mean by the Yulian pack?"

The chef was reluctant to continue with the topic but he could just say a little bit about it as long as he doesn't mention about the attack. "Oh, that's because some of their pack members would be coming to stay here temporarily."

They could hear the people who were busy outside, "Is that so, what happened? Why would they come to live here? Don't they have a territory like your pack?" he continued to ask while he looked outside through the kitchen window.

"Well, that's not it. Their pack had suddenly encountered a problem so their Alpha had requested that some of their members to come and stay here for the time being while they were dealing with the problem." The chef answered with the statement that the Alpha released. It was the truth but not the whole of it because Amber did not want her own pack members to panic but the pack already knew what happened, they just chose to accept the statement as it is.

Xander finished his food and did not pursue the matter any longer since he had nothing to do with anything inside the pack because he was technically an outsider. He stood up to leave but stopped when he saw the chef preparing another set of meal, "Is that for the Alpha?" he could not stop himself from asking.

This question undoubtedly made the chef grin, "Yes." Then he suddenly thought of something and looked at Xander with his sparkling eyes once again.

Xander took a step back once that look returned and was about to turn around to leave when he heard the chef spoke once again.

"Could you please help me and take the food to her. I'm a little bit busy here and I can't leave the kitchen because I am still cooking." He was grinning widely as he pushed the try of food towards Xander's direction. "I need to finish cooking and prepare food for the others who are currently busy outside." His expression suddenly turned into one of distress coupled with a frown as the smile disappeared from his face.

With a sigh, Xander relented and reluctantly took the tray of food. "I'll bring this to her then."

The chef smiled at this then he turned back to busy himself with cooking. Xander on the other hand took a deep breath before he took the steps that would take him to the Alpha. The moment he reached the top, he groaned because he forgot to ask the chef where the Alpha's office was. He looked to the right and then to left but still had no idea of where it was.

He could only stand there like a lost child, clueless, hoping that someone would walk by so that he could ask for directions but after staying still for almost five minutes no person came by.

Another groan. There were too many doors. Xander took the hallway on his right and started to walk forward. He did not know what he was doing so he could only rely on his luck to find the room where the Alpha was.

After passing by at least five closed doors, he suddenly stopped in front of the sixth door. Frowning, he faced the door then before he knew it, his hand that was not holding the tray was already knocking on it.