EC 49: Returning to normalcy

The following day all of Xander's things were already packed and the car that he was going to use was already ready. He had a frown on his face while everything was being prepared for him. Amber did not even come to talk to him after she told him that he could go home.

"Hey, don't forget to call me when you have free time," Zael patted Xander on the back while they stood in front of the pack house.

"I will. Is Amber still busy?" he asked after seeing that she was not there to see him off. It was unlike her to stay away from him.

Zael sighed, "Ugh, I'm not sure but I left her a while ago in the middle of reading some reports."

"Is that so?" his shoulders dropped. He was disappointed that he could not see her before he left. Zael could only pat him in the back as his way of comforting him.

"Don't worry, she'll come around. I'll tell you this as an advice, wait for her because she'll surely come to look for you." Xander raised an eyebrow at the man's statement. The beta chuckled at the reaction and shook his head. "Our Alpha is headstrong and she gets what she wants."

Sigh. With that as the end of the conversation, Xander left. He was escorted by one of the warriors until they reached the project site. He was the one who told them to drop him off at the site so that he can check on the progress of the project at the same time. Although they advised him to rest immediately after he got home but he insisted on visiting the site first since he felt fine.

Carl was already at the entrance of the site waiting for him. He had been standing there for over thirty minutes now when he saw a car coming towards their direction. The black car stopped in front of him and Xander alighted from it.

"Carl," Xander greeted once he saw his friend who was there to meet him but the man did not answer instead, he walked towards him and gave him a tight hug. Xander gasped because of the sudden action and how tight he was squeezing him. His wound from the attack was not yet completely healed and now his friend was trying to kill him. He tapped the man's back until he finally let him go. "Are you planning on killing me?" he asked after taking deep breaths.

"Yes, can't you tell?" this time it was his turn to raise an eyebrow. When he called him yesterday to tell him that he was coming back, Carl was surprised. Although he told them that he was coming back, he did not expect that it would be this soon since according to Xander it would be in the future.

Xander laughed at the sassy statement then he winced at the pain of his wound, "Ah, I'm glad then that I am alive to see you again." He gave his friend a grin, "By the way did you tell Xerra that I am coming back?"

Carl noticed his friend's reaction which made him frown, "Are you alright?" He looked at his friend from head to toe but saw nothing amiss, he then narrowed his eyes.

"I'm fine," Xander immediately shook his head and give his friend a reassuring smile.

"No, since you told me that it would be a surprise." Carl believed him for now before he looked behind him to see the driver had finished unloading the bags of Xander.

Xander noticed the gaze so he turned around and saw that the driver was waiting for him. He walked towards the driver, "Thank you for helping me. We'll take it from here."

"No worries. I'll go now, please enjoy your time here." The driver nodded then drove the car away.

Carl helped him with his luggage towards their sleeping quarters. "I did not expect that I'll be able to see you this because you told us that it might still take some time before you can come back, did something happen? And where did all these luggage came from?" he wondered after they place the two suit cases on the floor of the living quarters.