EC 41: Is She Pregnant

After meeting with the mayor, Carl and Xerra left. In the car, Carl's once smiling face became serious. That woman was no good and he did not like her at all. She was oozing this aura that didn't vibe with him at all.

"Do you think that she is really my brother's girlfriend?" Xerra suddenly asked after she sat down inside the car.

"I also don't know Xerra, but we can ask him later." Carl answered although he doubts that she has any connection to Xander. If it turned out that she was indeed his lover then it would probably take time for him to get along with her.

Carl looked at the mirror and saw Xerra nodded. It was better to ask him personally before they make any conclusions. As far as he knew, Xander was not interested in having any relationship because he was focused on his career and on Xerra so it was impossible, unless something happened while he was staying there. Carl shook his head, Xander was not that irresponsible.

Xerra was already running towards the front door and opened it excitedly after they got home. She was excited to talk to her brother once again. Then she could also ask the questions in her mind. She found the tablet lying on the center table of the living room and picked it up immediately. She did not waste time to contact Xander which the man had immediately answered when he saw who was calling.

"Hello my dear little sister," he greeted after he saw his sister's face appear on the screen, "How have you been?"

"Hello big brother," she also greeted back. "I'm doing fine but I am really miss you." A frown appeared on her face which made Xander's heart sad. He also missed her but he can't leave. He wanted to but he did not know how and if he attempted to leave without telling them again, he might get locked up in a cell for real this time.

"I know I miss you too but we need to be more patient. I'm already preparing to meet you soon so that you won't be missing me that much." Xander touched the screen, when Amber returns, he would ask for her permission to go home even for just a short amount of time.

"Well, that's good," Carl interrupted when he heard Xander's reply as he flopped on the couch beside Xerra and appeared on the screen.

Xander could not help but laugh because of Carl's frowning face. "What happened to you? Why do you look like your heart had been broken again?"

"Please stop. It's not because I am heartbroken it is because we met someone at the municipal hall," Carl looked at him straight in the eyes. Xander could feel the prickling in his skin even though they were not face to face because of how Carl was looking at him, like he had done something bad.

"Who?" he became curious because of how his friend was looking at him and how his sister had remained silent on the side.

"Someone who was named Amber Claire de Lune, she said that you are currently under her wings and that we should not worry because you are doing fine." Xander's heart pounded loudly after he heard that name.

"Was that the only thing she said?" he asked. His palms had slowly started to sweat while he waited for his friend to speak.

Carl narrowed his eyes, "Xander, did you do anything that prevented you from returning here? Or are you perhaps being held captive by those people?"

Xander sighed and rubbed his face, "Of course there's nothing of that sort." He laughed it off and shrugged his shoulders. He was not being held captive, well technically, he was not allowed to go home but he still has the freedom to roam around the pack so it was still fine. Thankfully his relationship with Amber got better. Thinking of the possible consequences if he attempted to leave made him uneasy because they might not let him talk to his family again.

"Is that woman your girlfriend?" Carl suddenly asked after a brief silence from their side. He was not convinced and thus his eyes were narrowed towards his friend.

Xander was startled at the question, he did not expect those words to come out from his friend's mouth. "What are you talking about?" he looked at them with a frown. Why would he suddenly ask that kind of question.

"Did you perhaps got her pregnant, that's why you aren't coming back?" Carl kept a straight face while Xander on the other hand had a face full of shock.

"What? Do you really think that I'm that kind of person?" he asked as his voice suddenly rose. "What made you think that I would do something like that?" He then combed his hair then leaned on the chair.

"Well, that woman did not deny it when Xerra asked if she was your girlfriend. Of course, I can't help but think that the reason you can't return is that something happened between you and that woman." He shrugged his shoulders like it was a normal occurrence. "There would be no issue if you just tell me the truth. We will accept it and help you resolve it."

"Stop, please stop!" Xander covered his face with his hands as he could not look at Carl any longer. His friend has some wild ideas and now he had become a victim of it. "First of all, although I am a bit interested in her, she is not my girlfriend. Though she is part of the reason why I can't return there now, it is not because of the reason you are thinking right now. So please don't make assumptions."

Carl and Xerra looked at each other after seeing how Xander become embarrassed because of the topic and both of them started to laugh. "Since you are interested on her, why don't you start courting her?"

With the topic suddenly changing, Xander sighed but still he was not comfortable at the next question, "Why are you so curious about it? Did you say those words just to bait me?"

Carl chuckled, "It was not intentional, I honestly thought that but now that you have explained, I'll let it slide. But I can't let go of the information that you are actually interested in that woman."

Xander did not miss the slight frown on Carl's face at the word 'woman'. "Why? Did you have a bad impression on Amber?"

Carl shook his head, "It's just that I've got this feeling that she is not an ordinary woman. She gives off this dangerous vibe and I don't think we will get along."

Xander could not help but laugh at his friend's words. She was indeed a dangerous woman and he knew that first hand but his friend's instincts were sharp. "You should have used that instinct of yours when you met those women who left you heartbroken."

Carl uttered a curse after hearing Xander. He then gave his friend a glare and was about to cuss at him but stopped as Xerra was looking at him. "Lucky you that you are not right here right now because if you were, I might have punched you in the face already."

A crisp laugh filled Xander's room. "I wouldn't let you though."

Carl was still frowning while Xander was grinning because he was able to get back at his friend but then both sides fell silent after that when Xerra expressed her wish to meet him. "Come home soon brother, I really miss you." Xander gave his sister a soft smile.

"I will come home soon. I promise." The call ended after they talked some more and Xander was left in deep thoughts. He needed to prepare in order to face Amber. He had been enjoying his stay in Ceurian but to be with his family was better and comforting, as they always said, there's no place like home. Aside from that he was a little bit worried for his sister, this was the first time that they had been apart from each other for so long.

There were also so many things that he needed to take care of, especially the company. He can't forever let Carl's parents look over it since they had their own business. If he won't return, those people might find this a reason to question his integrity towards the company.

"Ugh, so much to do." He resolved himself to talk to Amber once she returns. If he keeps on putting it off, his sister will surely be disappointed with him. If it comes to worse then he can try kneeling down and begging her to let him go but he hoped that it would not come to that point. With his relationship with Amber, he thought that at least he earned that right since he did not complain during his stay in Ceurian. He sighed, "I just hope that she would allow me even for just a day or two."