EC 3: She's Angry

The atmosphere inside the office became a little bit depressing and Xander was not used to seeing his friend in a sad mood. "What would you do now?" he doesn't have any advice to give so he decided to engage him instead in a conversation.

Carl remained silent for a moment since he had not time to really think about if because he was shocked at the sudden turn of events. "I don't know. I'm just a little bit out of it so I can't think straight right now. It never really occurred to me that we would end up like this since we were actually happy and I thought that she was content of what we have right now. It seems that the saying nothing lasts forever really do happen in real life."

He silently listened. This time he knew that his friend was really hurt because the only woman to whom he had been serious about for a long time left. "Would you like to join us later? I would bring Xerra to eat ice cream and buy her some new clothes." He had no words to console his friend and the only thing he could do was to let his friend enjoy himself for now.

Carl smiled. It was the first time he had smiled after that break up. "Alright, don't forget to call me then." He stood up and bid his friend goodbye. "I'm glad that you became my friend because even though you don't have any experience in this kind of field you still try to be helpful." He gave Xander a smile before he left the office to his own.

The day passed by as usual until it was time to leave. Xander passed by his secretary and bid her goodbye, after passing a hall, he came to an office and knocked on the door, "are you done? Let's go."

Xerra's eyes brightened when he saw the person next to his brother, "big brother Carl!" she ran towards him and did not hesitate to jump into his arms. "Are you coming with us?"

Carl could not resist the cuteness of the child and pinched her lightly on the cheeks, "Yes, I am since your brother invited and besides its free so why not."

The three of them enjoyed themselves and like the good brother that he was, he did not forget to treat his friend too. Carl then took this chance to point everything he wanted in the store like a child, both he and Xerra thoroughly grasp this opportunity to splurge Xander's money.

During dinner, "Do you want to join us in a work-vacation trip this weekend?" Xander asked his friend who was focusing on eating his food.

"Are you going to the site of the mountain resort?" he was part of the project as the main architect and was not supposed to join them on the site inspection because of the other project they were handling but now that Xander invited him, he might as well go and take that chance to unwind for a bit.

"Yes, we will be there for three days since Xerra doesn't have school on Monday. We will be leaving this early this Friday since it's a bit far from here." Xander nodded, he would be there for work while Xerra would enjoy her long weekend and Carl can rest for a bit after all that has happened to him.

He thought about it for a while and finally decided to join them. "Alright I'll come, I'll let my assistant handle the project for now."

Xander raised an eyebrow after hearing Carl's words, "Are you sure, your assistant might come crying to me again because you are giving him too much work."

Carl laughed and only gave a wink. It was his way of saying that he would take care of it. Xander shook his head and sighed then continued on with eating his food.

------

"How are things going on your side?" Amber asked Zayier when he came to report. It's been three days since the attack but during those three days, there were not concrete reports about the cause of the attack or on who was behind it.

"I've placed men around the Lurea Woods and our borders are tightly guarded but we still lack information about the attackers and why the rogues attempted to enter the forbidden forest." They had done what they can but no rogues had dared to attack Ceurian again and all traces they had followed came to a dead end. Zael had contacted the nearby packs but he got nothing out of them but they had promised to share any information if they found any.