EC 93: A Moment Of Sweetness

Lurea Woods remained the same for her even after living within it for weeks. It still felt desolate and eerie maybe because of the lives it had taken ever since it was declared as forbidden. She navigated through the darkness, through the narrowly spaced woods and over grown grass until she reached the center where the black palace stood. The imposing structure never failed to amaze and even put a chill into her everytime she saw it.

She shook her head, instead she walked towards the door and knocked a few times before it automatically opened. Lazuli was there to welcome to her, in Amber's opinion, she was a bit timid and shy at times and even though she was way older than Amber, she still acts like a child.

"How was your visit to the pack?" She asked while floating beside Amber. She wanted to go with her but the Alpha told her that it wasn't the right time.

Her pack has a bad experience with witches and Lazuli, even though she was not evil, was of the same kind as those who attacked Ceurian so they might not be that accepting of her. She needed to introduce them slowly to the pack before letting them socialize to avoid any conflicts that may arose from their presence.

"Good, they were shocked to see me but at the same time happy. I will also resume my duty as the Alpha," she shared with a smile.

Lazuli looked at her happy face and was envious, "I really wanted to go with you but I also understand that it will not be easy for us to mingle with the others because we were stuck in this place for almost a thousand years now." Her words were followed by a deep sigh and discontent.

"You don't have to worry too much, since I already am back as the Alpha I will slowly introduce you and Feliz to the pack, that way you can move in there once Xander is ready," she patted the mage's arm and even brought her to a hug.

"What's happening?" Another voice interrupted the moment so they both ended the hug. "Are you crying Lazuli?" Feliz walked towards them then placed her hands on he sister's face.

"I'm not crying!" She held her sister's wrist and slowly pushed it away from her cheeks that were being squished.

"Are you sure? Then why is she hugging you?" Her gaze shifted to Amber who stayed quiet on the side. She only gave the older sister a smile.

"Yes and there's nothing wrong when she's hugging me since she is my friend!" Her lips pouted then she floated beside Amber and linked her arms with her's.

Feliz looked at the both of them with suspicion. She was not sold to the story that nothing happened. Either way, she can just ask Amber later once Lazuli is asleep so she let it go for now.

"Alright, if you say so." Feliz turned around to go to her prior destination. "I'll bring in the food so the both of you should go to the dining room now. Master Xander is already waiting for us." She waved her hand and disappeared on a corner.

Xander's face brightened when he saw the people who came in, "You're back, how was the pack?" He stood up to meet Amber then he held her hand.

"The pack is doing good. They were happy to know that both you and I are fine," she rubbed Xander's hands that was holding hers as they both sat down.

"That's good to know," his grin was slowly replaced by a small smile as he grew silent after saying those words.

Amber looked at her mate and immediately knew what he was worried about, "Don't worry according to Zael, Xerra and Carl are doing fine. They'll be happy to know that you are alive and well when you return, so let's be patient okay?" She continued to gently stroke his back of his palm to comfort him which he greatly appreciated.

Xander finally calmed down then the food came as the four of them enjoyed eating. Although there were changes in his body, he was still thankful that he can still enjoy ordinary food like before. It was a bit difficult for him to adjust to a new lifestyle, a life that he did not imagine he would have.

Everything was surreal to him, from the moment he died and woke up again. He was fully prepared to leave and was confused when he suddenly woke up like nothing happened. He did not know what to feel about it and when he has yet to digest the situation, another shocking news was thrusted to him, apparently he was now a vampire and no ordinary vampire at that.

The blood that was used to resurrect him was from the Vampire King and when it entered his body, the blood remodeled his body and turned his blood into a vampire's. Now he had unnatural abilities that he needed to hone and control before he can step out from the castle. All of these were explained by Feliz and Lazuli who called him master as soon as he woke up. He had a difficult time accepting all of the information but when Amber showed up, everything changed.

She helped him adjust and understanding everything that was going on. She was also hands on in supervising his training together with the sisters. Now he was able to get used to being vampire except for the feeding part. They wanted to teach him how to bite and suck blood but it made him very uncomfortable that he consistently refused thus his daily blood supply was provided in a wine glass.

Another change that happened was that, the bond that should have been broken when he 'died' was restored and he felt that it was stronger than before. Now he could clearly feel Amber's emotions and even tell her location. It seems that when he became a vampire the bond was upgraded and even the mark that was given to him by Amber remained.

"Can a vampire mark his soul mate too?" He asked out of the blue during one of their lessons regarding the history and origin of vampires. This question stunned the three ladies who were with him at that time.

"Why are you asking?" Feliz asked as she was a bit unsure as to why he suddenly asked this kind of question.

"Oh," he suddenly realized that his question was a bit sudden when he saw Amber's reddening face. "I-I mean since werewolves can do it then I was just wondering if a vampire can do it too..." He rubbed the back of his neck and avoided Amber's gaze.

"Are you planning in marking Amber?" Lazuli suddenly asked but he did mot answer so she continued speaking which made the whole room silent. "I heard that marking by vampires was done during an intimate time, that was according to mother."

Amber's face became as red as a tomato while Xander coughed a few times after hearing those words. He was just grateful that the mother who taught this to her daughter used at least conservative words.

Feliz was laughing so hard at the reaction of Amber and Xander. "Why are the both of you shy? You are mates so sooner or later you'll have to go through that." She continued laughing until she realized that the two remained silent and were still avoiding the other's gaze. She stopped laughing them shifted her gaze from Amber to Xander and vice versa. She did this a couple of times before something in her brain brightened, "Wait did the two of you already kissed? Or not yet?" She looked at the both of them while asking the question.

Xander coughed a few times before he finally answered the question, "Well, we weren't able to reach that stage yet since we just recently confirmed our relationship and there were so many things that suddenly happened." He was a bit shy after finishing his statement. He only held her hands a few times but that was the end of it. He never had the courage to try and kiss her since be wasn't sure if he even knew how to do it. He was new to a romantic relationship and he was a little bit apprehensive when it comes to this kind of relationship.

Feliz was left speechless at what she heard before she resumed laughing. "You - the both of you are already adults and yet none of you took the initiative. How awkward!"

After that incident, Xander decided to not ask about those kinds of things any longer that way Feliz can't tease them again. His lessons continued and even training to fight, he had done it all.

"How was your training?" Amber asked after their dinner. They were at one of the roofs of the castle while they watched the moon and stars.

"Good, I already got the hang of it and I think I'll be ready after a few days," he looked at Amber and as always, he was mesmerized by this woman. "Amber," he slowly called out her name. She replied with a hum but the next words made her heart flutter. "I love you, then and now."