EC 20: This Tricky 'Darkness'

It was an argument that nobody had expected to have that kind of ending. That night the pack house was filled with an oppressive silence that the others decided to find another place to stay for the night. After the argument, Amber did not hesitate to call over Zael and Zayier.

"Assign two of our pack warriors to guard the door, without my permission, he can't leave that room." It was a shocking command that both of them could only look at each other.

"Are you sure about that Alpha?" Zael braced himself and asked the question that both of them wanted to ask.

Amber frowned as she glared at her Beta, "Are you questioning me?" She had been ruffled because of what had happened with her mate and now her Beta was questioning her decision.

Zael's question was swallowed as he gulped in fear at how the Alpha was looking at him. It was just a question but her reaction was too intense for him. Both of them stood in attention to do the Alpha's command and did not attempt to ask any more question.

Zayier sighed after they stepped out of the office, "I did not expect the Alpha to be this over the top."

"Let's go," Zael did not dwell on it and instead pulled his brother towards the room where Xander was.

They opened the door and saw that the man was sitting on the floor with his back on the wall. He heard the opening of the door but he was too tired to open his eyes to see who it was. Arguing with that woman had drained all of his energy and he was tired of thinking already.

"What do you want?" he asked after waiting for a while. He had thought that the people who came would come at him in anger because he had offended their Alpha.

"Don't take the Alpha's words into heart. All of those were only said in the heat of the moment," Zael spoke first. He was not a peacemaker but he would do what he can to at least salvage the situation.

"I'm not a person who holds grudges but your Alpha had stepped out of line and no matter what you say, you can't cover for the words she had said or how she had tried to kill me. As she had said, her words are the law in here, so are you here to watch me and keep me from escaping?" It was already difficult for him to trust any of their words since they follow their Alpha and was loyal to her. He could see it from the way they came to try and fix the situation and on how they had kept on refusing his requests while saying that he needed the Alpha's permission.

Zayier shook his head, "There is no excuse to what the Alpha has done but remember this, she will never harm you. She would die first before she could allow that."

Xander's shoulders shook as he laughed at the statement, "She already did." He opened his eyes to look at the them. He grinned at them and shrugged his shoulder and stopped talking to them entirely that he even covered his eyes with his arm. He had completely ignored them until they left the room. Soon after, two guards were stationed to guard Xander's room with instructions of not letting the man out.

A day had already passed ever since he was detained on his room and not once did Amber came to check on him which was a good thing because his anger had yet to subside. They might start to argue once again if she tried to visit.

This was exactly what Amber was thinking thus she had buried herself in work instead of visiting her mate. In addition, her wolf had been unsettled ever since the argument. Amber could feel her pacing inside her mind.

"You're giving me a head ache by what you are doing right now and I've got papers to read and review," Amber sighed. She was tired and now even her wolf was not giving her any rest.

'Our mate,' she growled because up until now she could not believe that someone was able to talk to them like that. She had not experienced anything like that.