EC 61: Spending Time

Thalia could not believe what she was hearing. The gentle and amiable Xander was scolding her, it never happened before and now that this woman was here, everything was in shambles. Her senior was now able to say those harsh words to her. "I won't forget this." She turned around and left without turning back.

Xander sighed and looked at Amber, "I'm sorry for that. She's been spoiled ever since and her father's position gave her the courage to say those words. You don't have to mind her."

"You worry too much. Those words were only childishness and you know who I am so superficial words do not work on me." She was an alpha, that kind of provocations would not work on her but to hear her insulting other people did not sit well with her.

"By the way, why did you come?" Xander did not expect her to come since she did not message him like always so when they came out of the conference room, he was surprised to see Amber frowning at Thalia and for some reason, he did not want to interrupt them but then he heard Thalia's words and he got annoyed.

Amber raised the lunchbox she was holding, "I came to give you this and of course to see you working that's why I came in secret." She had a wide smile on her face while showing off the lunch she cooked for her mate.

"Then, you won't be able to have lunch with me," the man beside him spoke after hearing the woman's words.

Xander looked to the side where Mr. Crellac was standing with a smile, "Yes, I'm sorry. You can invite me again next time. And I believe an introduction should be done since the both of you might be seeing each other while Amber is still in Cartnan."

Mr. Crellac nodded his head and faced the woman who was defending the secretary a while ago. He was impressed by Amber's courage and the aura around her.

"This is Mr. Antonio Crellac, he is currently one of our clients and that brave woman is Amber Claire de Lune a special friend of mine." He introduced them to each other. The smile on his face did not escape Mr. Crellac after he introduced Amber. It seems that the term 'special friend' has a deeper meaning.

Mr. Crellac took the initiative to shake the woman's hand, "It's nice to meet you. I did not think that Xander would have someone like you by his side. He is a lucky man." He couldn't help himself from giving the woman a meaningful grin which made Xander's eye wide since he did not expect the man to say those words.

"Mr. Crellac!" Xander was flabbergasted at the man's sudden words. He then became embarrassed because of the man.

"I've told you already to just call me Antonio and besides am I wrong?" he asked as he looked at Xander.

"Yes, you are not wrong and besides I am also lucky to have him by my side. He might be a little bit shy right now but I believe that in the future he will be able to accept me." Amber answered with confidence. There was not a speck of embarrassment from her while she was saying those words.

Xander could only avert his gaze. He could not believe that something like that would come out from Mr. Crellac's mouth while Amber's thick skin, he could not get used to it. If they were still in Ceurian then it was fine for him to hear those kinds of words but to say it freely in front of other people that do not belong to her pack makes it awkward for him.

"I'll be leaving then. Next time I will definitely invite the two of you for a dinner." Mr. Crellac left while giving the both of them a meaningful smile. Lillian escorted the man to the elevator while Xander let Amber inside his office towards his private lounge area.

He enjoyed the lunch with Amber and even though she saw an unpleasant event, he was glad that she was not affected by it. "Oh, by the way, do you want to come with me to visit the site of Mr. Crellac's art gallery?" he remembered that he was scheduled to go and see how the project was proressing.