EC 96: A secret room

Amber left the pack house at exactly eight in the evening and found Xander who was waiting for him outside the castle. He was sitting on a bench placed suspiciously in the middle of the open field in front of the castle while he looked up at the stars in the sky. It seems that the bench was newly installed so Amber also took the empty space beside him.

"How was your day?" Xander asked as he put his arm around Amber.

She snuggled into his arms and circled her arms around his waist. "It was fine. We visited Elder Veron and talked about the compilation I assigned to him."

"I'm excited to meet him since he's the reason why we are both safe and happy right now," Xander smiled when he thought of the happy moments they had. Even though not all of his memories after he woke up were pleasant, he was still happy that he was with Amber.

"I'll introduce the both of you soon," Amber chuckled and tightened her hands around him. "Speaking of that, have you read all of the books in the library?"

Xander nodded, "Yes, since Feliz demanded that I do so. Is there a problem?" He looked down to look at Amber who was already looking up at him.

Their eyes met which made Xander smile and Amber shy. She averted her gaze before answering, "Elder Veron's information about the vampires were a bit lacking and based on the what I have browsed in the library, the information was similar. I'm wondering if the castle has another room that holds any records about the history of vampires."

Xander thought for a while, "You can ask Feliz about that since I seemed to remember that she was talking about a secret room in the castle but I haven't been there yet."

Amber detached herself from Xander because of excitement so the man could not help himself from letting out a laugh at the excited glint in her eyes. "Yes. Why don't we go and ask her right now." Xander stood up and extended his hand towards Amber.

The Alpha happily accepted the out stretched hand. They walked hand in hand towards the castle only to be met with Feliz's frowning face. Xander could only laugh at the other's expression, "Haven't you gotten used to us already?" he stretched his hand and ruffled the woman's hair.

Feliz sneered and swatted away the man's hand then combing her hair with her fingers. "I have gotten used to it. It's just that the both of you have gotten so utterly sweet that I'm about to puke." She pointed at the two of them while shaking her head. "And you, my dear master, just because you are my master doesn't mean that you can ruffle my hair."

Sander was smiling with how feisty Feliz was while Amber was watching on the side with an amused look on her face. "Alright, I understand. By the way, you were previously talking to me about a secret room, so I was thinking of checking it out."

Feliz looked at the both of them and seemed to get what was going on. "Well, you can go and check it for yourself but the Alpha can't enter. Only vampires with the vampire king's blood can enter that room. Even I and my sister are not allowed in there. If one forces his way in that room, every last bit of what is inside the room will automatically catch fire and burn."

Both of them were rendered speechless at those words. They were already aware that there were places and rooms inside the castle that were off limits but this was the first time that they learned of a room that will burn.

"Does the room have any mechanism that can detect vampire blood?" Xander asked in curiosity. As an Engineer every time he hears of some new technology his interest will always appear.

Feliz shook her head, "Not a mechanism but magic. I've told you before that this place was fortified by mages and all traps inside the castle were created with magic." She explained then she started to walk away. The two of them instinctively followed her and listened to her explanation. "The magic in that room needed blood, you can't open the door without drawing blood and if a non-vampire or not from the vampire king's lineage was able to enter, they won't still be able to open or take anything from inside."

They reached the end of the corridor but Feliz did not stop from walking, she went straight through the wall so Amber and Xander did not hesitate to follow her. They came to another corridor but the place was a bit damp and darker so there were torches of fire attached on the walls to give the corridor light.

"Where are we?" Amber asked after they've walked for quite a while now. The corridor seemed to have no end but Feliz was still walking forward.

"It is a hidden place in the castle. Only us mages knew about this place since we act as guides inside this place. This is where the vampire king's private study is located. It is the secret room I was talking about, that's why it is protected by several enchantments." Feliz looked behind her then looked ahead again. "Don't worry we're already there."

Just as she said, they came to a door at the end of the corridor and she gestured for Xander to come forward. "Touch the door knob and don't remove your hand after you feel a little bit of sting. After the sting turn the knob and the door will open."

Xander followed Feliz's instruction and held the door knob. A small magic circle appeared on the knob then travelled towards where his hand was. While passing through, Xander felt a sting then they heard a click so he turned the knob and the door opened. He turned around, "Then can Amber enter? She doesn't need to touch anything since I'll be the only one to do so."

Feliz thought for a while then she looked at the both of them. "Alright, just make sure that she doesn't touch anything or else this place will be in ashes. Oh and one more thing, every document or records or furniture in this place has not replica or copy, so you'd better be careful."