EC 59: Talking With A Child

Thalia could not refute Carl's words because she already knew that fact but is it wrong for her to at least fight for her feelings. She remained silent while looking at Xander's best friend before she turned around and left the building. She had nothing more to say.

The lounge was left in an awkward silence but it did not matter for Carl as long as he got the message across. He went to take a seat on one of the vacant lounge chairs adjacent to the other guest they have.

"Uhm, by the way I'm Carl Villegas Xander's best friend." Carl faced the man's direction and introduced himself to start a conversation. There were so many things that he wanted to ask the man.

"It's nice to meet you then, just call me Leonides," he curtly answered then he took another sip of his coffee.

The atmosphere became awkward but this did not stop Carl from inquiring about the things he was curios. "That woman, I have met her before but I was not able to talk to her. She told me that Xander was under her protection during the time of his disappearance. I did not even have the time to thank her for taking care of Xander."

"Ah yes and due to some circumstances, we were not able to send him home right away. I apologize for that matter." Leonides inclined his head before he gave the man a warm smile.

"Though I don't understand what happened, still I'm thankful that you were able to save him and brought him back to us," Carl shook his head. They were truly grateful that he was saved. If not for them, they might have been mourning for Xander. "If I may ask, that woman, who is she?"

Leonides chuckled, "She is the young lady of our family, Amber Claire de Lune. An outstanding woman that cannot be compared to any." He did not forget to praise his Alpha while introducing her. It was his way of making this best friend recognize her.

Carl fell silent with his mind moving fast into raking his mind from the names of the rich people around Cartnan but he came up with nothing. "Amber Claire de Lune, I've never heard of that name," He unconsciously said out loud which only made the elder smile.

"That's because, we are people who value our privacy but if you mention that name to a certain group of people, they will immediately recognize her." Elder Leonides had a wide smile on his face while saying those words. There was a strange pride from his heart while telling the man about their Alpha.

Carl tilted his head to the side and stared at the older man in confusion but Leonides could only laugh. After that, their conversation shifted into other things like business and continued while they were waiting for Xander and Amber.

"Are you just going to cling to me like that?" Xander asked with a frown. Ever since Thalia and the others entered and saw them hugging, Amber or rather Amber's wolf did not let go of him.

"Yes," she answered without hesitation and tightened his hold on him. "This is the first time that we will be talking with each other and I wanted to stay with you for as long as I want."

"Then instead of standing here, we can move to the sofa and have a seat then we can talk, like that you don't need to cling to me." Xander was not comfortable with their position and his feet had started to feel numb.

"Alright," Eirian relented but after she let go of him, she did not forget to hold Xander's hands and pulled him towards the sitting area. They sat down and the woman looked at Xander with wide eyes.

Xander was not used to how Amber was looking at him because it was different from the usual way, she looked at him. They were the same and yet distinctively different, like another personality. Xander's lips formed a smile while also looking at this new side of Amber or rather her wolf.