EC 82: Conflict

It's already two days since Xander was confined in a place that looks exactly like his room and for those two days, he had racked his brains on how to get away from the crazy woman who abducted him. it was not really a plan but a risk that he was willing to take because he had a feeling that Shiey was on the verge of exploding because he had been declining her and was avoiding her the best he can.

That morning, Shiey once again entered the room with food but Xander refused to eat in front of her. She already knew this and because she wanted Xander to at least eat, she would leave after placing the food on the table. After she left, Xander looked at the food before he took a small bite and laid on the bed. He stayed like that for the remainder of the morning and when Shiey came back to give him food again, he did not move but the woman thought nothing wrong of it since he had been like this for the couple of days that he was with her.

Shiey watched the screen but she noticed that Xander was not moving from the position he was in that morning, it made her frown but the longer he stayed like that the more Shiey became anxious and after an hour that he remained still, Shiey was already in a panic. She rushed to room with only one thought and that was to make sure that Xander was okay. The woman got to the bed but before she could touch him, Xander opened his eyes and grabbed the woman's hand as he flipped her on the bed.

He used the sheet he had secretly torn into shreds to tie the woman up and he made sure that she would not be able to follow him. Xander even put cloth on her mouth to shut her up before he ran to the open door that Shiey forgot to close. All he could think of that moment was to leave the place and escape. He was sure that his sister and friend were already worried of him and Amber might have already known his situation. He did not want them to be worried any longer.

Xander made his way through the winding corridors of the building where he was until he finally found the exit. He felt relief when he was finally out of the suffocating place but that relief was short lived because he was faced with rogues that were growling at him.

At the same time, Monolith entered the room where he was held and looked at the woman who was tied. He only stood there and watched her struggle before he removed the cloth on her mouth.

"What are you doing? Untie me now!" She demanded while giving the man a glare but Monolith was unmoved and only stared at her before shaking his head.

"Shiey, Shiey, my dear Shiey," he got on the bed and touched the woman's face while shaking his head and looking at her in pity. "You did everything just to get the man of your dreams and even sold your own pack for your obsession. You even succumbed to 'darkness' inside you, how pitiful." He pulled back and retreated from the bed. "Thank you for helping us achieve our goal, we will not forget your contribution."

"What-what are you talking about?" her eyes widened after hearing the man's words as she felt fear looking at those dark eyes that was staring at her like she was already dead. She forced herself to sit up but the man motioned his head and four rogues entered the room. After seeing the salivating rogues, she started to wriggle and shout in desperation. "No! No! You can't do this! Please I want to live!" She struggled but the hungry beasts did not stop from approaching her. "How dare you! I helped you and did everything you said and this is how you will repay me!!" Her desperation turned into anger but Monolith no longer cared about her and instead left the room that was soon filled with screams until it quieted down.

He took his time to reach the exit of the building and saw that the rogues had already done their job. Xander was lying on the ground with wounds on his arms and legs, he could also see that the man struggled before he was taken down. Monolith crouched down to inspect the man and nodded in satisfaction.

"It was you bad luck that you became the mate of that woman and that the 'darkness' inside you is being suppressed by the mark, if it were not, you might have escaped this place." He stood up then clapped his hands. A group of men appeared and hauled Xander up then dragged him to a waiting car.

All he could see before he lost his consciousness was the evil grin from the man's face. He only hoped that Amber would not be affected by what was happening since she was facing problems at Ceurian. He was sure that Carl will take care of his sister and only hoped that she would remain happy for the rest of her life.

Carl was busy talking with the people who were looking for Xander when Xerra came in crying. The man was startled at the child's appearance and without even thinking about it, he hugged her and tried to comfort her.

"What happened?" he asked while gently patting the child's back. He looked at the other people in the room and nodded to them. They quietly left the room to give the two of them privacy.

"I dreamed of my brother and he was saying goodbye to me." She cried and cried that Carl was having a difficult time to calm her down. "Did you already find him?" She then asked as she looked at Carl.

Carl gritted his teeth and closed his eyes before giving the child an answer, "We are doing our best and it is only a dream, I'm sure that your brother is doing fine."

Xerra could only nod before hugging the man again until she finally fell asleep but she did not let go of Carl so the man could only carry her. He really hoped that Xander was fine.

The alarm of Ceurian rang which did not give the pack any leisure time. All pack members that were not able to leave the pack was ushered to the vault that was used to protect them from any attacks. The warriors and the elders were already defending their territories from the attack.

And even before Zael and Zayier had a talk with the two elders, the attack had happened. They were suddenly besieged from all sides that they did not have time to think about anything. Amber was on the front leading her warriors.

She looked at the number of rogues and werewolves on the other side and it looked like there were thousands. It seems that all of their forces were sent with only one purpose and that was to destroy Ceurian. They were far outnumbered but she had complete trust with his warriors. She knew that they will not fail. She could also see some other people who were behind those rogues then she received a report from Zayier who was observing the situation from another position.

'A total of three Witches and three high ranking werewolves. One of them might be the Alpha because I'm sensing the aura from them but I can't pinpoint who among them is the one must be because of the witches.' He reported with his eyes fixed on the odd group of people behind all the rogues.

'Inform me if you see any movements from them, we will deal with the summoned rogues first and show them that they can't destroy Ceurian that easily.' Zayier gave confirmation and continued to observe those people.

After that Amber spoke to the mind link to encourage her warriors, 'We will defend Ceurian and show them that we are not easily to be trampled. Rip them all to pieces!'

At that, the warriors of Ceurian charge forward with their fangs ready to rip through the flesh of their enemies. Amber continued to command while participating in the battle and even Zael who preferred to stay out of any fight, was actively participating in bulldozing through the ranks of the enemies.

On the other side, the enemy witches were continuously summoning rogues but they could not keep up with how fast the Ceurian warriors were destroying their summons. "Send our warriors," a deep voice came from the other three people behind the enemy lines. After the command, several werewolves from the blood pack joined the frenzy and there were even vampires on their ranks.

Amber saw all of these and passed on a command that new enemies were coming. The warriors prepared themselves and the slaughter began. Blood started to stain the ground and wolves from both sides started to fall one by one.