EC 56: Blood Pack

Alpha Amber together with her Beta and Gamma were currently sitting inside the alpha's office waiting for the call to come. Alpha Gidou was also with them because he decided not to return to his pack and wait with them. That mad man will surely call but he was there to make sure that everything will be within reason during the call.

"That man you contacted, who is he?" Amber asked while they were sitting and drinking tea. She had forgotten to ask the alpha about the man since they immediately brainstormed the questions she would ask because they have limited time.

"I am also not clear of his identity nor his position inside the Blood Pack but based on the favors he grants he must have a significant influence inside the pack. They often call him the Monolith and like the Blood Pack, no one knows how he looks like." Alpha Gidou looked at the Alpha's eyes and she understood that he had no other information about the man except the fact that he was part of the Blood Pack.

"I just hope that he is a man of his words," Amber let go of the topic and continued to drink her tea.

"How many favors have you already asked from that man?" Zael asked after the Alpha fell silent. When he heard about how the Alpha contacted a member of the Blood Pack and how it went, he became curious as to how many people owed that man a favor.

"I have asked him twice and both favors were paid with money," was his simple answer. He was relaxed as he talked about this matter. "But this is also the reason why our pack somehow lacks money but abundant in resources."

"Do you know any other people who owed him?" he continued to ask to satisfy his curiosity but the Alpha shook his head.

"If any would owe him, they would not be vocal about it and instead would choose to take it to their grave." That made the atmosphere suddenly gloomy. Alpha Amber had told them the circumstances of Alpha Gidou and why he did not want himself to be revealed as the source of the information. "Anyway, there is no problem if we contact him as long as you keep the source of your information secret so I suggest that right now, you should be thinking of a way to answer the other alphas when they ask you this question."

Zael did not continue to ask and chose to remain silent then the phone rang. Instead of Gidou, it was Amber who answered the phone. A low male voice answered from the other line accompanied by a soft chuckle. "You broke the record in the fastest person to answer the phone. The others would quake in fear whenever I called them."

"I don't really care about that and I am not an ordinary person," Amber nonchalantly answered. What's important was the information she could gain from this call and nothing else matters.

"Alright. You are so uptight Alpha de Lune. You should relax once in a while or else you'll grow wrinkles on that beautiful face." The man teased followed by a crisp laugh that filled the room. Amber was not amused but the others were more or less agreeing to the man's words.

Amber glared at the other people inside the room, "Stop with this nonsense. Let's proceed to your part of the deal."

The man clicked his tongue and passed the phone to the person who was sitting beside him. "Here, Alpha de Lune is ready to talk to you." The casual words reached the people who were with Amber. It seemed that this Monolith was quite close to the alpha for him to talk like that.

"Alpha of Ceurian, it's my pleasure to finally talk to you even though we are not talking face to face due to some circumstances." The deep voice brought a coldness that made the Beta and Gamma grit their teeth however it does not have that much effect on Amber and Gidou.

"It is an honor to finally speak to the Alpha of the infamous Blood Pack. To tell you the truth, I have never heard of your pack not until recently when a couple of rogues tried to rudely infiltrate my pack." There was no change in her voice and expression as she started to probe the other. A grin appeared on the mysterious alpha's face at the statement.

"You are quite straightforward alpha but to tell you the truth, I don't know why those rogues appeared in your territory. Although I have the information, I don't know the reason why those rogues would try to attack your territory." He smoothly answered as he relaxed on his seat while talking to the alpha. This woman was really someone special and fearless as the words written on a piece of paper in front of him.

"Then I am sure that you know about the Vampire King's Vitality stored inside our territory since it is not a hidden secret in our world," Amber did not get affected at how the other alpha just brushed off her statement and instead calmly answered her.

"Ah yes, no one in the supernatural world doesn't know about the existence of that thing but as far as I am concerned many had tried to acquire that object but none of them succeeded. I would never send my people to risk their life in a dangerous place where the certainty of that object's existence has not been proven. No one had seen how the Vampire King perished or what had happened when he died. All of your knowledge only came from stories passed down from unclear sources but it is not a hundred percent accurate. I did not know that the alpha would actually believe in such rumors and made-up stories." It did not come as a surprise to the Alpha of Blood Pack that she knew about the Vampire King's Vitality. Although many knew about the immense power that this could give them and tried to enter the place where it was believed to be placed, all words were not be trusted because it might mislead them and cause an even bigger disaster.

"If that is the case, then I hope that you can enlighten us how did vampires got involved in this mess since your pack is the clearest on the history of those blood sucking creatures." Although it was only a normal exchange of words, the people who were listening with Amber felt that a lot of information had already been exchanged with that conversation only.

A laugh answered Amber's statement, "This is refreshing. I never had a talk with a person like you. You really don't hold back, do you?" The man could not stop laughing but Amber did not show any change in her expression since she was having an internal talk with her wolf.

Ever since the conversation had started, Eirian had also started to make comments about the man. She would casually drop phrases and words which made Amber frown internally.

"It's not in my nature to keep going around the bush. I'd rather we go straight to the point least we waste time in exchanging empty pleasantries." This statement made both sides silent but before the Alpha could even answer, they heard a quiet mumble from the other side.

"Ah so stiff, I thought she would mellow down now that she had found her mate but I think nothing had change." This comment made the Alpha of Blood Pack raise an eyebrow at the Monolith who was busy munching on the snacks prepared for them. Zael also stifled a laugh and even covered his mouth to prevent himself from making any side comments that would earn him his alpha's ire.

"Sorry about that, my subordinate has an uncontrollable mouth." The alpha sensibly apologized to clear the awkward atmosphere that had set upon them but even him was actually smiling.

"You don't have to be sorry since I have a similar man on my side so I'm already used to it." Her gaze landed on Zael who was yet to recover from his failed attempt of hiding his mirth. He then shook his head and tried to look for anything that could distract him from the alpha's cold gaze.

"As for your statement, yes, our pack had a history with vampires and for us they are very much real in every sense. Although we don't see any of them in the open, my pack still believes that they are out there. If they really are involved with those rogues and the attack on the packs, then you have your hands full since they are not an easy opponent. They could easily hide themselves amongst humans and unless you are familiar with their scent, then it would be difficult for a werewolf to distinguish them. In cases that a wolf may know their scent, they have many ways to hide the scent of blood and death on them." There was silence. None of the ones on Amber's side made a noise in consideration to the person who was speaking. They did not want to interrupt the speaker from what he was going to say. "You need to be prepared, Alpha de Lune."

"Have they started to make a move?" this was the first question she asked after their conversation started. It was not a question of 'if they were real' or 'if they really exist'.

"We are not clear about that either. It's difficult to gather information about vampires since technically they do not exist because of their ability to blend with the places they are in and another factor to that is that we do not know who are the vampires that currently resides within your area nor ours." It was an answer that was both reasonable and a little bit difficult to believe since they were a pack with relation to vampires.