EC 66: They're on the move

"You don't have any engagements this afternoon sir so I suggest that you rest. I'll call you when something comes up." Lillian tucked the tablet she was holding inside its bag. She made sure that Xander had enough free time to be able to rest since he seemed to be listless and he looked more tired than usual.

"Are you sure?" he asked in confusion. As far as he knew, his schedule during the afternoon was pretty packed and he heard no cancellations or rescheduling.

Lillian nodded with no hesitation, "Yes, so you can go and sleep for a while. I'll notify the security to make sure that no one would disturb you."

Xander smiled, "Thank you. I'll go and catch up some sleep then." From his secretary's stern look, he could already guess what she did and even though it was a bit out of her way, he still appreciated it.

He was able to fall asleep but he was startled awake. He picked his phone and saw that he had only slept for a whole hour. He brushed his hair with his hands then he rubbed his face. The room was silent and the window curtain was drawn but he saw nothing or no one and yet he felt uncomfortable for an unknown reason. He sat there silently while pondering of what had disturbed him then a thought suddenly occurred to him.

Xander jumped from where he was sitting and parted the curtain in a hurry after that the lights were switched on as he looked around the room. He was right, there was something odd in there. His eyes narrowed while he was looking around and a glint caught his eyes.

The room was filled with the sound of clattering as he placed the cameras he found on the table. His hands were shaking while placing those abominable things on the table. Xander weakly sat on the chair facing the table with both of his hands folded in front of him. He sat there in a daze and was woken up with his phone ringing.

"Where are you?" Carl's voice woke Xander. He had been calling Xander but he was not answering so he got a little bit worried. "I have been calling you luckily you answered. Why are you silent?"

"I made a mistake. I only thought of the house and didn't think of the office. There are so many of them here," Xander could not help but sigh. "Can you come and clean the office. I want all of those cameras to be removed."

Carl who had been listening to Xander sat in attention after he heard those words. He suddenly slapped the steering wheel and cursed aloud. He had also forgotten about the office, "We might have subconsciously thought that the office building of ENIGMA is safe because it is a work place. Don't worry I'm already on my way there and I will contact them again to remove any unauthorized recording equipment in there. Stay where you are for now and I'll talk to Lillian about this so stay put."

Xander mumbled an agreement before the call ended. His gaze once again landed on the cameras. He stood up and swiped those things towards the floor then he went to the bathroom and rummaged through it. After that, a hard pounding could be heard inside the room mixed with the sound of cracking and breaking.

In his rage, he decided to smash all of the cameras he found into pieces and even though all of it were already destroyed he still continued to use the hammer to pound it. In this state did Carl found him. He was taken aback when he saw his friend kneeling on the floor and destroying all those cameras.

"Xander!" he rushed towards the man and held his hand that was holding the hammer to stop him. "It's already destroyed. If you continue with that the floor will collapse." He snatche the hammer and pulled it away from him.

Xander raised his head before he realized that the person with him was his friend, "Carl?"

Carl frowned, he did not notice it when he just came in but now that he could have a closer look, he saw how unkempt and dazed Xander looked. There were dark circles under his eyes and he seemed to have lost weight. He could already tell that this stalking was weighing on him. "Yes, why don't we go home and I'll let the team do the cleaning. I'll also tell Lillian that you're not going to work for the next days, not until you feel well enough to work again."

"Alright," his voice had toned down as Carl led him away from the room. Both of them walked out from the office then Carl motioned for the team to take over.

"Call me once you made sure that everything is clear. I've already explained the circumstances to Lillian so if you have any questions or you need any help, you can talk to her." Carl escorted Xander home and even made sure that he was properly resting. While waiting for the team's call, he called the person who he had talked to regarding this stalking incident to ask him if they had already found out who the person was.

The day has yet to end and yet there were so many things happening in Cartnan. Aside from the stalking of Xander, Mayor Mykel was attacked on his way to his office but luckily, he was able to escape unscathed since he had some bodyguards with him. This attempt spread around the city and many had expressed their concern. With this, he was able to breathe a little bit, because with many people paying attention to him he believed that whoever was behind the attack will now think twice to make another move.

"Sir, the call is already connected," his secretary handed the phone to Mykel since his own was destroyed during the attack.

"Father, how have you been?" he asked like he usually does but his father was not buying his words even though he was speaking in a calm manner.

"I am fine and so is your mother. I heard that you were attack, what happened? This is unlike you at all." His father's voice had become lower and Mykel could already imagine him having a frown on his face.

"It's a long story but to cut it short, I think this is the consequence of helping Alpha de Lune." He told him the truth because he can't lie to his father.

Mykel could hear the sigh coming from the other side of the phone, "As I have heard. Be careful always then and remind your body guards to be alert at all times." They were not in a favorable state because based on what he had heard, vampires might be involved although it was yet to be confirmed, he was sure that this information was true. They were vulnerable since they do not have the abilities that a werewolf has and they were practically called humans. "I have also added a few more guards around our home for extra protection so you should not worry about us and worry about yourself instead."

The mayor laughed at his father's statement. "That's good to know, I'll call you from time to time to check on you."

He hung up the call when some police officers were invited inside to conduct their investigation. "Did you find them?" he asked without any kind of pleasantries.

"Not yet mayor we only found the cars they used. It was abandoned near the south exit of the city. We are still identifying the car and cross checking it on our database." The officer answered and they could see the mayor heaving a deep sigh. "And we came to ask you a few questions that might be able to help us in finding a clue as to who might be behind this."

"Yes, please have a seat." Mykel gestured for them to sit down on the lounge area of his office. After they sat down, the officer in charge asked the standard questions and added some supplementary questions. Mykel answered all of them as honestly as possible without mentioning about Amber.

After the attack against him, several reports were received in his office several days after. Unknown cause of deaths and several bodies were found in just a span of four days. His officed was bombarded by calls from the media and from the family of the people who died asking for an exclusive scope and justice respectively. This mess had been causing him headaches and so he had mobilized the full force of the police to catch the perpetrator before everything spirals out of control.

All of these were going according to his plan. The mysterious man was standing behind the floor to ceiling glass wall of his room while he looked outside at the majestic view of Cartnan. He had received a call from Ace that the packs were now in a panic after Yulian was wiped out and that some of them received a gift from him. A chuckle left his mouth while thinking of the panic-stricken faces of those alphas that he hated.

His phone rang once again which only made his grin wider, "Ah, Ace. I have been waiting for your call."

"Of course. I called to give you good news, the first phase of our plan was successful. If you are ready just give me the order and we will start with the second phase." Now that both sides of the world were in chaos, they were already ready to plunge it deeper into destruction.

"I understand for now, lay low and continue to act like you belong with them. I'll enjoy this view for at least one more day before we proceed."