EC 58: Hitting the wall

People who were just passing by stopped walking and could not help but look at the person who spoke such bold words. She was wearing something formal like any other businesswoman in the area and she was not even wearing high heels but her presence was too domineering for people to ignore.

No one can't ignore this woman who was walking towards them with firm strides and with her head held high. Her gaze never wavered and she did not even spare the clinging woman a look since her focus was on the man beside her.

Xander had a shock expression while Thalia who was clinging to him looked at Amber with narrowed eyes. Amber stopped just a few inches away from them and gave them both a smile which made Thalia uncomfortable but she hid it quickly like she was not affected at all.

"Who are you? How dare you claim Xander to be your husband! I'm the only person who can call him that because our marriage has been arranged!" Amber commended her for standing up against her but looking at how uncomfortable Xander was when this woman was clinging to him revealed everything to her. He was not pleased at all.

"Is it? I never heard this kind of thing from Xander, I wonder if it is true." Her smile did not disappear and appeared to be sweeter but in Xander's eyes, it was not an amiable smile. He could tell that she was already irritated.

"Why aren't you speaking Xander? Tell this woman that we are going to get married soon!" she looked up at the man with her pitiful eyes and expected him to agree to her and defend her from the woman who suddenly appeared out of nowhere but to her disappointment, Xander was not looking at her and instead his eyes were on the other woman.

"How come you're here? Why didn't you inform me beforehand that you were coming?" His voiced softened and gone was the man who was holding his annoyance a while ago. Xander pulled his arms from Thalia's grasp and moved forward to meet Amber then he smiled.

"Because it was supposed to be a surprise but instead, I am the one who was surprised. I didn't know that you were engaged." Her gazed shifted to the pouting woman behind Xander and narrowed her eyes while looking at her from head to toe.

"Don't worry, it was only a joke. There will be no marriage happening. She's only a junior from university and she came to visit." There was not much reaction to his face as he remained calm while facing the woman who was truly irritated right now. If he did not want to face her anger, he should immediately deny everything that Thalia had said until now.

Amber was pleased at that response then she turned and gave the fuming woman a smirk, "Is that so, then I'm glad."

Carl suddenly whistled after hearing that conversation. He did not think that Xander would be able to say those words in the presence of Thalia when he refused to talk when the woman was endlessly pestering him in the past. He would silently endure and put up with it even though he really did not want to be in the same room or breath the same air as that spoilt woman.

"Well, you can continue talking here in the lobby or you can take this up in your office since we are disturbing the peace of our employees." He interrupted since there were more and more people who were spectating the fuss.

Xander came back to his senses and gave Carl a nod before he spoke to Amber again, "Let's go up. We can have a seat and talk there." He moved to the side and gestured with his hand for Amber to follow him but instead of complying, Amber took the initiative to hold his hand.

"Alright, I'm good with that." She then smiled and pulled him forward leaving them behind. Elder Leonides who was standing behind the Alpha and witnessed the standoff could not help but feel a little bit embarrassed and silently followed them.

"Hey! I was here first! You can't just ignore me like this, Xander!" Thalia was furious and stomped towards them but before she can reach them, she was pulled by Carl. "Hey what are you doing?" she slapped Carl hands away.