EC 42: Not To Be Bullied

The day of the conference, luxury cars came one by one and parked in front of the CC Hotel. Amber was at the entrance to welcome the Alphas while Zael's role was to lead them to the conference hall at the tenth floor of the building.

After everyone had entered the venue, Amber followed behind after instructing her warriors to pay attention to their surroundings. The conference hall was simply decorated, nothing fancy just its regular look. All the Alphas were already seated with their trusted aides standing in attention behind them.

As the person in charge of the meeting, Amber was naturally standing at the head of the table as she was required to. She looked at them before she gestured for the guards guarding the door to close it.

"Welcome to Cartnan," she started with a greeting. "It is my pleasure to host this conference and I hope that after this meeting we will come to an agreeable agreement that everybody will be satisfied with."

No one spoke, so with that, Amber started with their agenda. All of them knew that there was no need for any pleasantries between them. How to deal with the rogues? That was the agenda of their meeting.

"Do any of you have any thoughts about this matter?" Amber asked to formally start. Zael was ready to take note of whatever they would say but contrary to expectation the start of the meeting did not go well.

"Most of all, why are you the one standing in front of us? Hah, a woman trying to act high and mighty in front of us," one of the Alphas sneered with his hands crossed in front of him.

Amber recognized the man, he was the Alpha of Peruvia, one of the larger packs in the area. Their territory was located in the next city to Cartnan. Alpha Ruben was known for being arrogant and self-centered. Many also described him as someone who was very traditional thus their pack would always look down on packs with leaders who were women, especially Ceurian, because their Alpha was a woman.

A wave of silence, some of the Alphas feigned ignorance while the others were staring at the Amber, waiting for her reaction. This was expected more or less, Amber did not believe that he would remain silent. "Yes, thank you for recognizing that I am a woman and that I am standing in front all of you right now. And if you are uncomfortable with that fact, you are free to leave this place. The door can always be opened for anyone who wanted to leave." She pointed at the door that was already opened. She was also smiling brightly and did not let the Alpha's words affect her.

Alpha Ruben's face became dark at her words, his hands pounded on the table as he glared at the woman. "How dare you!" His eyes were looking at her like he was about to attack her. She could also see him shaking and clenching his fist but she did not care.

"We are in the middle of a meeting to find a solution in order to stop the rogues from coming to our territories and yet you are here criticizing me. With all due respect, the agenda now is more important than your prejudice." She was also an Alpha and she would not stay silent while someone was mocking her. Her wolf did not care that the man was older than her or that he was more experienced than her. "All of us inside this room are Alphas and all of us know that any Alphas cannot take an insult. And I hope that all of us here know that as an Alpha, the safety of our pack comes first and not some trivialities like my gender."

The temperature inside the room became colder as Amber let out her wolf's aura. No one refuted her and Alpha Ruben maintained his silence although he really wanted to walk up and slap her on the face but he held back. He thought to himself that there would be time for him to teach her a lesson.

"Let's proceed," one of the Alphas spoke as seconded by the others. They very well knew that the reason why they have gathered was because of the rogues so they should just talk about it.