18

Sui Heng is already discussing the return journey with Xu Qiao and others.

The recruiting platform had a remarkable effect, and the other five countries had already signed the letter of surrender, completely surrendering to the Great Sui. According to the normal process, the Sui army should naturally go all out and take Jiangdu directly.

But things got stuck at this point.

At present, it is rainy in the south of the Yangtze River, and the Yellow River is running fast. With 100,000 Sui soldiers lined up on the north bank, it is not the best time to cross the river. Moreover, Jiang Guo was alerted, and deployed heavy troops to defend Muyun Pass, and set up cloud crossbows with extremely long range on the city wall.

Forcibly crossing the river will cause immeasurable casualties, and the gains outweigh the losses.

Although the armies of the other five countries can be recruited locally, the soldiers brought out by others are not as good as their own, and Sui Heng also looks down on them.

The most important thing is that Jiang Yun, the Crown Prince of the Jiang Kingdom, is likely to return to Guanzhong. Even if he is seriously injured, it may not delay his issuance of important military orders.

The important generals of the Sui Army, including Xu Qiao, knew that their invincible His Royal Highness, the crown prince, even survived the most brutal snow-capped mountains in the north, but he suffered several dark losses at the hands of the "frail and sickly" prince of Jiang, who was known as "virtuous and famous all over the world". The most recent time was last year when Sui Heng tried to attack Jiang Guo in the southwest of the Yellow River by sneaking a detour to the south. Jiang Yun saw through the plot and was shot in the arm by his counselor.

The arrow was so deep that Sui Heng couldn't draw the bow for a whole month.

Everyone in the Sui Army knew that their Highness hated the hypocritical and ugly Prince Jiang because of this incident. This time he swung his army south, determined to take the land of Jiangnan into his pocket. Apart from avenging his ancestors, he took away two bookshelves and packed them all into the luxurious carriage presented by the Lord Chen.

Jiang Yun looked at the mountains of books that were messy and disordered, and didn't know what to say, so he selected them himself, and returned all the ones he had read and the ones he was not interested in to the palace servants of Chen Gong.

This chronology is very precious, and he doesn't want to waste it.

The palace people took it in fear and trepidation.

At this time, a guard dragged a woman with disheveled black hair and poor clothes by chains, reprimanded and scolded her, and whipped her from time to time.

Jiang Yun felt that the woman looked vaguely familiar, so he asked the palace man, "Who is that?"

The palace man sighed: "That was our first queen. Now that Xinmei is on the throne, the first queen has been deprived of her title, and the second queen has been abolished. She has been brought into Yeting as a servant."

Xin Mei was Chen Qi's biological mother, and this matter was obviously instructed by Chen Qi.

While he was meditating, he escorted a group of Sui troops into the last carriage. The one walking in the front, holding a guqin in his arms and dressed in white, was clearly Luo Fengjun, the eldest son of the Luo Kingdom.

Jiang Yun asked: "Then what happened?"

The palace people saw that he was handsome and elegant, and he was also polite, completely different from those vicious Sui soldiers, so they were also willing to say a few more words. "Those were taken to the capital of Sui as hostages. The surrender of the five kingdoms, in order to please the new lords, some of the monarchs of the five kingdoms took the initiative to expose the evidence of Jiang's prince's crimes, and some scrambled to send someone to the Sui's prince. This Jiangguo, I'm afraid it's really going to be cold."