27

Yan Qi's face was as pale as snow for a moment.

He looked stunned, obviously he didn't expect Sui Heng to say such a thing.

Yan Qi's self-confidence is not unreasonable arrogance. The Yan family has a deep foundation, a wealth of talents in the family, and former students and old officials are all over the court and the public, almost ruling most of the literati circle in the capital of the Sui Dynasty.

Sui Heng favored martial arts, and was not supported by the civil officials of Qingliu. Since the Spring Banquet was held, the Prince's Mansion has been taking the lead and participating independently, but because of the support of the Yan family, the prince Sui Heng not only swept all the top prizes in the martial arts competitions, but also easily won the top prizes in most of the literary competitions.

Jimo Qingyu even secretly scolded Yan Bing for having no literary integrity, only knowing how to follow others.

The spring banquet originally originated from the gathering of literati and scholars, and the competition of six arts is the core of the spring banquet.

Once the Yan family's support is lost, the Prince's Mansion is bound to lose half of the country at the spring banquet, not only losing to the civil servant group, but even losing to other small subordinate countries.

"Your Highness can humiliate me."

Yan Qi took a deep breath and spoke again.

"But as the crown prince, Your Highness should know which is more important. I remind Your Highness that not only Jiangbei countries, but also Jiangnan countries will be attending the banquet tomorrow."

"so what?"

The shadow of the lamp floated and fell on Sui Heng's dark eyebrows.

He laughed back angrily, and clicked his tongue: "Gu found that Yan Yushi not only likes to be sentimental, but also overconfident. What? Is Yan Yushi teaching Gu how to do things?"

Yan Qi's face turned pale again. After a long silence, he cupped his hands and lowered his sleeves expressionlessly, saluted lightly, and turned to leave.

Shi Fang's heart was on fire.

His Highness hated being threatened the most in his life, this Yan Qi dared to go around Wan'er and threaten His Highness face to face. Shi Fang dare not imagine how furious His Highness must be at this moment.

Shi Fang couldn't help curling his lips, and said, "This Yan family is really hateful."

Jiang Yun heard it and couldn't help but glance at him.

I think this Sui Dynasty Hall is also very interesting. Since the Yan family is from the same lineage as Empress Yan, it is reasonable that they should be closely linked with Sui Heng, the crown prince, why did they become like enemies.

Shi Fang knew that he had lost his composure, and hurriedly said, "My lord, go quickly, Your Highness is still waiting."

Sui Heng called Jiang Yun over to set off the lantern.

"Blessing lamp?"

Jiang Yun had seen it before when he was in Jiang Country, but it was on the New Year's Eve, sitting far away in the driveway, watching the people outside the city gather by the river and put lanterns to pray for blessings.

"That's right."

Sui Heng raised his eyebrows, his eyes were clear. From Jiang Yun's point of view, he couldn't tell at all that he had just quarreled with his old lover.

He took it for granted, "I don't believe in these gods and ghosts, but the custom in the capital of the Sui Dynasty, on March 3rd, write down your thoughts and wishes on paper, put them in a lotus lantern, and float away with the water, and your wishes will come true. Why don't you write one too?"