58

The auspicious stone is located on a mountain called Yuewangfeng. After Sui Heng arrived at Lishan Mountain, Huo Cheng, the commander of the Nine Battalions who had already carried out the defense mission here in advance, immediately led two deputy commanders to greet him.

"Your Highness will not be greeted."

Huo Cheng had a respectful attitude and led all the soldiers of the nine battalions present to kneel down and salute.

The Nine Battalions are almost all composed of noble sons, and Huo Cheng is also from the Huo family with a deep foundation and great influence in the capital of the Sui Dynasty. There was also a chief executive in the family, and now his father and brother hold important positions in the court.

When Sui Heng was young, he practiced in the Nine Camps, and even stayed in the same camp as Huo Cheng. Huo Cheng was able to become a commander at a young age. In addition to his prominent family background, he also has some real skills. His marksmanship is especially good. He is superb with his Huo family spear. In military competitions, he has won the title for many years.

But when he was in the Nine Camps, he was still pressured by Sui Heng.

Sui Heng is the crown prince, with noble status, armed force, courage, and resourcefulness. He has been in the army for only three months, and he has subdued a group of noble disciples into obedience. At that time, Huo Cheng saw that His Highness was hanging out with a group of aristocratic dandies all day long, drinking and having fun, and thought that Sui Heng's ambition was just to hold the Nine Camps in his hands, shake hands with the aristocratic families, and use the most flat and smooth way to secure the crown prince. He never expected that Sui Heng, a lunatic, would have the courage to leave the Nine Great Battalions and take the 30,000 soldiers he had temporarily recruited to go to the northern border to fight against the coalition forces of the northern countries. They fought bloody battles in the snowy mountains of the northern border for seven days and nights, and finally defeated the Sanu cavalry known as the "Mouth".

When the Qinglang Camp selects talents, they only consider talents, regardless of their backgrounds. With Sui Heng running the army with an iron fist, he personally sits in the town, and his power becomes stronger and stronger, and his combat effectiveness becomes more and more fierce. name. On the other hand, in the Nine Camps, the appointment and employment of all generals are still firmly in the hands of the aristocrats, and comparisons and cliques are prevalent in the camps. The prestige of the original "First Army of the Sui Dynasty" has almost been taken away by the Qinglang Camp.

Because of Sui Heng's cold-blooded and warlike behavior style, and some rumors of tyranny, true or false, the noble children in the army are all afraid of Sui Heng, the crown prince, including Huo Cheng.

At this moment, even though he was kneeling respectfully on the ground, Huo Cheng could already clearly feel the two extremely oppressive gazes from above.

"Commander Huo has worked hard."

After a while, a lazy voice sounded in my ear.

"Everyone, please come forward, there is no need to be too polite. The matter of transporting the stone is very important, and this time it is up to you to cooperate with Gutong."

Huo Cheng led the crowd to stand up, stepped aside respectfully, and reported the situation of the auspicious stone.

He was interrupted by Sui Heng as soon as he spoke.

Sui Heng said: "I heard that you have encircled the entire Lishan Mountain and expelled all the people at the foot of the mountain outside, no matter whether they eat or live, and let them fend for themselves. Is there such a thing?"