66

The body was covered by a white cloth, only a corner of the green shirt and a white wrist were exposed.

Duan Houdao: "This body was found by the guards of my mansion in a ruined temple. There was a fire in the temple two days ago. Several passers-by were unable to escape because they were sleeping too deeply. The young man His Highness was looking for was also among them. Although the body's face has been smashed to a bloody mess by the crossbeam, all the features are consistent with the portrait. Your Highness may as well come and have a test."

Sui Heng's hand holding the wine cup tightened suddenly.

He didn't look at the corpse, but shot at Duan Hou with lightning eyes, and after a while, he sneered: "Don't look at it. It's not him."

Duan Hou said: "Your Highness's mood, I can understand it. However, there are nine out of ten unsatisfactory things in the world. Sometimes, Your Highness needs to accept fate."

Sui Heng's hand holding the wine cup trembled almost imperceptibly.

But the arc was so slight that no one could see it except himself. Everyone could only see that the corners of the young prince's lips were tightly pursed into a line, and his eyes burst out with a deep, sharp and cold killing intent like an arrow.

Duan Hou met that gaze without hesitation that seemed to shatter him into flesh and blood.

"Your Highness, please forgive me."

Duan Hou said.

King Qi narrowed his eyes, pretending to shed two tears, and said, "It's hard for me to ask for such a thing. Today, I'm sorry for His Highness. How about it, these Kunjuns, His Highness can take them all back to Sui Capital, and use them as my compensation for His Highness, how about it?"

"No."

Sui Heng put down the wine cup, got up, and when he was about to walk out of the hall, he stopped, glanced sideways at the corpse still lying on the ground, and after a while, he ordered Xu Qiao: "Take it away."

There was a crackling sound.

The people in the hall looked around, only to find that the wine cup that was just held by the Crown Prince of the Sui Kingdom suddenly burst into numerous cracks and turned into a pile of fragments.

It was a wine cup made of pure bronze.

King Qi looked at Duan Hou: "Aiqing has been here for a long time, so she was busy with this matter."

Duan Hou said: "After all, this matter involves the diplomatic relations between the two countries. If it drags on, it will be troublesome. I think it's better to solve it as soon as possible."

King Qi nodded, and suddenly asked: "Is that corpse just now really the person the Crown Prince of Sui is looking for?"

His tone was as natural as possible, but after asking, he still habitually held the wine cup and took a sip of the wine to cover up.

King Qi's heart was turbulent, and he even suppressed raging anger, but because of the involvement of a long time ago, he did not dare to show it in front of Duan Hou.

Duan Hou didn't answer immediately, but looked at King Qi thoughtfully, and after a while, he said softly: "Yes or no, let the prince of the Sui Kingdom judge for himself, and I also tried my best to search for it based on the information of the portrait."

King Qi nodded, and said "Well".

Seeing that Duan Hou was still staring at him, he quickly cleared his throat and said, "Ai Qing, don't get me wrong, I'm just asking casually—I'm just asking about it. I know the prince of Sui's dog temper. I don't lack for fun, and I will never mess with his people."