28

Although Chen Qi made a promise in front of Sui Heng, he knew that it would not be easy to win.

The Spring Banquet was organized by Yan's. Half of the judges of the Spring Banquet's six arts competitions were inextricably linked with Yan's. Once the Crown Prince's Mansion and Yan's broke openly, he, who participated as Crown Prince Sui Heng, would definitely be targeted by those judges. To win the competition, he must ensure that he can get the full approval of the other half of the judges.

The other half of the judges were basically Jimo Qingyu's disciples.

Jimo Qingyu is famous for being a clean stream, a pure minister, and disregarding his relatives. His disciples uphold the teacher's ambition, and they are also famous for only recognizing talents but not people. Even during the period when the conflict between the civil servants of the Qing School and the crown prince Sui Heng was the most intense, those disciples never deliberately tripped Yan's children at the spring banquet.

Chen Qi worked hard and diligently. Although he didn't doubt his talent in writing, Yan Qi was the number one writing expert in Jiangbei. He had a prominent family background and became famous at a young age.

There is another thing that cannot be understood by outsiders.

He is not as good-looking as Yan Qi, who is handsome and elegant.

In this day and age, appearance is very important to people, and the imperial court takes "appearance" as one of the evaluation criteria when selecting talents. For two articles of the same level, those with superior looks are more likely to get high marks from the judges.

Commonly known as looking at the face.

Chen Qi had read Yan Qi's articles before, the writing was magnificent, the words were gorgeous, and he was able to say something, and the writing was strong. He was indeed a very competitive opponent, worthy of the reputation of Jiangbei's number one essayist.

Yan Qi is favored by celebrities in Jiangbei, and he has a natural favor with the judges.

To win Yan Qi, he needs to have the advantage of crushing the opponent in strength.

This is a difficult battle, and it is also a gamble. Once he wins, he will also have a real chance to soar into the sky.

"Right side."

When the confidant conveyed the prince's original words to Yan Bing, he hardly dared to look at his face.

Yan Bingben sat in the chair and closed his eyes to meditate. Hearing this, he slowly opened his eyes and asked, "He really said that?"

"yes."

The confidants were also quite surprised. Although the crown prince had made a lot of military achievements and relied on force to dominate the government and the public, a successful heir cannot do without the assistance of civil servants. The confidants really did not understand where the prince got the confidence to break with the Yan family.

Yan Bing looked calm.

"It's normal for an eagle to grow its wings and want to fly by itself."

It's just that people in the world can only see the eagle that successfully rushed out of the cliff, but not the thousands of corpses that fell to pieces at the bottom of the cliff.

The confidant asked: "Then this list?"

The list is all carefully selected. The Yan family is a generation of outstanding people. The spring banquet is an excellent opportunity for them to make a name for themselves. The Yan family will not let these children miss the game.