97

Jiang Di's hand paused in the air, with a black spot between his fingers, as if by accident.

"Let's go then."

After a while, he lightly dropped the bag and said.

Jiang Lang was stunned for a moment, unable to believe that Emperor Jiang agreed so easily. Liu Gong, who was standing by the side, was also taken aback.

Jiang Lang was overjoyed and said excitedly: "Father, don't worry, my son will definitely fulfill his mission, complete this peace talk, and never let the Sui Kingdom take advantage of our Jiang Kingdom!"

Jiang Lang couldn't wait to shout and cry happily.

During this period of time, all the grievances and humiliations he had suffered in Muyun Pass disappeared with Jiang Di's words. He knew that his father let go of his mouth and agreed to let Jiang Yun take him to the north because of other painstaking efforts. Father is just using Jiang Yun to guard the pass. Now that the crisis at Muyun Pass has been resolved, Jiang Yun has lost its value. Father will no longer let Jiang Yun monopolize the power.

His father asked him to come here, to wait on the ground, to lift him up at the critical moment, and let him reap the fruits of victory.

He is still the emperor's favorite son.

When Jiang Lang retreated, Duke Liu couldn't help asking cautiously, "Why did Your Majesty agree to King Chu's request?

The king of Chu did not participate in the war deeply, and his talent in governing the country was simply not comparable to that of His Royal Highness. His Majesty has always distinguished between public and private affairs, and will never delay state affairs because of private affairs. This move is really abnormal.

Emperor Jiang asked inappropriately: "Liu Jiu, do you know what is the most deadly thing for a person to live in this world?"

Liu Gong was stunned.

Jiang Di sneered.

"Not stupid, but stupid."

Liu Gong looked at the emperor's cold and heartless eyes, and thought about the meaning of this sentence, suddenly a chill ran through his bones, from the soles of his feet to his back.

Today is a windy weather.

But Jiang Lang's heart was clear and comfortable.

He bathed and changed his clothes. He wore the gorgeous crown clothing exclusive to the King of Chu. He rode in a chariot bestowed by Emperor Jiang and led a group of counselors and generals from Muyun Pass to the Beacon Tower.

The beacon tower is next to the Sui Army's garrison, but since the two sides have decided to negotiate peace, there is no need to worry about security issues.

Jiang Lang was full of ambition and couldn't wait to take this opportunity to make a great contribution. He showed the demeanor of a virtuous corporal again, humbly invited Fan Zhou and the other two to board the car, and asked them about the details of the peace talks.

"I heard that Mr. Fan likes to eat desserts. This is the jujube paste cake specially ordered by the king. Try it, sir. Does it suit your taste?"

Jiang Lang courteously ordered the palace servants to present a plate of jujube cakes carved in the shape of lotus flowers.

Fan Zhou felt ashamed and said that he had a toothache from getting angry recently, and he was afraid that he would disappoint the King of Chu's good intentions.

It was not the first day for Jiang Lang to deal with Fan Zhou. He knew that this person was not easy to deal with, and he was very difficult to deal with. However, Fan Zhou was the number one advisor under Jiang Yun's command. It is possible to get rid of other counselors in Lanxin Palace. Jiang Lang wanted to win him over no matter what.