37

"I don't understand, do you understand?"

After being stunned for a while, Yan Qi regained the arrogance unique to a nobleman of an aristocratic family.

He comes from a good family background, and he was named a genius since he was a child, carrying the glory and hope of the family. From childhood to adulthood, he has been growing up in the respect and compliments of the people around him.

He never takes the initiative to bow his head to anyone.

The power of the aristocratic family is intertwined, and the Yan family is the old tree with the largest and deepest roots. Today, His Majesty relied on the assistance of the previous Patriarch of the Yan family to successfully ascend to the throne of God.

As the eldest grandson of the Yan family, he has a noble status and proud capital far higher than most of the noble disciples in the capital city of the Sui Dynasty.

Everyone knew that the Yan family was unshakable and could not be offended, but Sui Heng wanted to use another way to break the established rules and regulations.

"Do you really think that you and him are on an equal footing?"

Yan Qi spoke cruel words in a gentle tone.

Even though he knew that Sui Heng brought Jiang Yun back from Jiangnan and placed him in another courtyard, he never regarded Jiang Yun as a competitor, because the disparity in their identities was too great. Too cheap. It was not until Jiang Yun quietly won the first place in the literary category with a piece of "Fu on Spring", and Sui Heng personally delivered the auspicious Jisang flower to Jiang Yun's hands, that it was the first time that Yan Qi looked at this person who was said to be from Weiguo. young man.

Although he is an opponent, Yan Qi has to admit that Jiang Yun has a pure and elegant temperament that no one can match, and a pair of black eyes are always as calm as a lake.

But in the face of power, elegance and purity are at most just embellishments and do not represent anything.

He said: "You are just a commoner with a humble background, but he is a high-ranking prince. He has been pampered since he was a child, and what he lacks most is flattery and curry favor. Even if he is greedy for your beauty and freshness now, in the future, in order to stabilize his position, I will also marry a daughter or son of a wealthy family to be a princess. Even if that person is not me, it will be someone else. Your status determines that you will never be able to stand on an equal footing with him. Like, for sitting on that For people in the position, it is the least valuable thing.”

"Mr. Chu has a literary talent and has read a lot of poetry and books. You should understand this truth?"

The fragrance of tea diffused silently between the two.

Jiang Yun said calmly: "Maybe as you said, I don't understand, but I know that liking someone should have nothing to do with power and status. The love that can really stand the test, even if the ax is added to the head and the fire burns the body, will Some people are chasing it with their lives. If you haven’t seen it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.”

"Instead of being aggrieved, angry, or even wronged, you should ask yourself, do you really like him? If you like him, will you really watch him freeze to death and starve to death in the north for the sake of the so-called face?"

Yan Qi frowned, and was about to say something, when the elegant room door slammed and was pushed open from the outside.

Jiang Yun turned his head, but before he realized what happened, his body lightened, and he was hugged by the figure who was walking towards him.